General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

I really enjoy the board game feeling of this game and me my friends will surely play it for a long time

That said a few questions and surely most of the items are not new . Anyway:

- What happens after the early acess is finished ? Do you lose your captain ships researched?
    - Why cant we create 2 or campaigns at the same time? Especially I would love to fool around with the different sides and not lose the progress I already made.
    - What happens with with "premium ships"?
    - Who had the great idea to put 500 credits as the smallest package and make the first interessting ship 600 credits?
    - I am desperately looking for some kind of online manuel.
    - As the turns take quite a long time and the order of turn jumps around due to class . I would love some options to give you an early warning and customable , like 30s before your turn or you are next notification. I like to read chat with friends and dont want to stare like a statue on the screen fearing to loose my turn. As you said in the Q&A make it more visible whos turn it is. As I said I for example like to read a book in paralell and take a look on the screen from time to time.
    - I would love to automatically follow the current players move. (option)
    - Can we please custominze the key selection => for example I dont like that the left mouse buttom is used to give commands and drag the map
    - Tooltips over objects in the map would help (Nebulas etc)
    - Can we simply get a list of ships, names and current move order as an otion alternative to the bar on top?
    - Could you please consider to follow strictly the turn order on top not jumping around based on ship class?
    - Is it planned to give you some kind of customable news channel every time you log in. Since your last battle : the human empire lost sirius or for example we lost 7 border systems. the frontline moves closer to Alpha Centauri etc.
    - Can I see already which ships are on route or waiting during a battle? Or is ita feature to promote suspense that we dont know who will join our side or the enemy?
    -What happens if I quit the game during battle. Do I lose the ship? If not, how do you prevent abuse that people unable to flee simply quit the game to prevent destruction of their expensive vessel?

Thx again for the effort and I really enjoy this game and spend lots of time with it.

And I know these are lots of questions so please feel free to direct me to the place to find answers.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I can reply to some:
    -Early access would run for a year probably, so the server would have already been won by one side or another, which starts a new server cycle. Probably several seasons of server cycles. Also there will probably be more than one server that opens up. Each server cycle, your start fresh, but carry over legacy awards and such that are permanent to your record.
    -Right now all premium ships are free, except for the kickstarter ones (Halifax, predator), and will remain free for quite a while.
    -The 500 credits are really for premium portraits, ship renaming, and officer/captain respecs
    -Online manual -- its a pdf right there on steam, as well as the tutorial thread on the beta section of this forum.
    -Chime and notification of turn will be coming and improved
    -Tooltips on environments show the first time you run into them, but were found to be annoying if you end up seeing them over and over again.
    -Turn bar improving with future updates, theres bugs in it right now
    -Customizable news channel, I'm just one person, I add 'news' when I see it manually like anyone else could. I don't have any special tools. Again, when there's more time for porgrammers to add more features, those might come in. But its only 2 of us.
    -There's an incoming notice feature that will be implemented eventually
    -If you quit in a combat situation, your ship automatically becomes AI controlled, and goes straight for the border to warp out. SO it can be intercepted and destroyed, but at the same time, has a chance just as if you were controlling it to escape.

3. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

'Thank you very much to take your time to reply

4. canbeen

canbeen Member

May I know how does officer evasion skill work?
    Is it a direct negative of the accuracy skill bonus? Hence final point blank accuracy is still 95%. Or it's a multiple of the final accuracy value? Or a negative of final accuracy value?

5. Sire of Suns

Sire of Suns New Member

Okay, so, maybe I'm a total newb.
    But... How do I upgrade my officers? Does my ship have to level up first? My understanding was that Honor Points could be spend on both ships and officer upgrades, but the officer upgrades don't seem to have any way to purchase them (granted, I have yet to have a ship survive to level 2...)

6. canbeen

canbeen Member

7. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

How officers which upgrade stats are interacting with power?
    For example the officer which give +1 sensor : is it +1 to max sensor range that can be powered, +1 to base sensor which take power or a flat +1 for free?
    Same for shields, when you have +x to max shield it means when you full power a side you have the bonus for free power or you can power up a side to base max +x or is it scaling with all intermediate levels (so if you have +2 and a ship with 2 levels of shields it is a +1 to each level)