*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS III ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Another update just now:

• An infrequent issue where errors were displayed while loading into the shipyard following the destruction of a player’s ship has been fixed.
    • An issue with some map objects appearing above or below the map has been fixed.
    • The Space Wars notification for achievements will no longer appear, but the Steam notifications will still be shown.
    • The hit chance for weapons will now be displayed on the bottom of opposing ship’s nameplate popup (after a weapon is selected).
    • The visual for support ships to display their effective radius will no longer persists on on the map when they are destroyed.
    • The ‘Battle Royale X’ battle map has been updated.
    • Ships will now be properly removed from the Battle Royale map.
    • The captain skill Sol Leadership will now correctly grant additional XP on hit and kill of enemy ships.
    • The medals case will now be correctly displayed when opened.
    • Engine power production will now be correctly updated on the ship callout.
    • Stations should now activate its weapons, scanners, and shields more consistently.
    Ok, back to comicon.

DSC_3904.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

This one is easy to reproduce. I've done it several times.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

WHEN!

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestion: Scale maximum zoom-out distasnce based on size of map. G-1914 is difficult to get a good overview due to its size.

5. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

So it's probably a minor problem but when I was in battle there would be a transit phase with no enemy visible, the enemy would appear on the map, then 2 turns later the would be another transit cut showing the ship and info. Did it three times in the same battle

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Is Comicon all wrapped up? How was it? Have some more pictures?

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, that is a bug that has been around for a while, and quite annoying, as basically the transit phase showing the enemy ship arriving is one turn delayed. I'm prioritizing that fix this week.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

The comic con is done, and there were a lot more beta signups (not for internal beta, but for the game launch) You can view some pics here:
    http://forums.spacewars.com/threads/space-wars-videos.37/page-2#post-2488
    'little sparrow' does play the game btw and is pretty good. I call her the Space Wars Mascot!

9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Not sure if I have read anything about missiles having or not having the point blank damage bonus. I did notice that my Halifax was doing the same amount of damage(7) at 5 spaces and 1-2 spaces. I have damage boost so 7 is correct if close range bonus doesn't apply to missile weapons.

Ok, thanks

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Indeed missile weapons do not get range bonuses. Only beam weapons.

AmishJoe likes this.
  11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I coulda swore my Colossus missiles were doing 11 dmg close in, listed base is 9, officer is +1 as Sol.

I know the range bug is still a problem, all weapons get assigned one of the weapons' ranges and can either limit them below max or falsely display a firing range beyond actual max.

But seeing Hull drop 11 points on the details, that should be more than just a display error.

-The SIWPW-8 missiles do 10 damage, so it should total 11 damage with the officer skill bonus. The power ratio for the weapon in admin was 3.33 (x3 for each power increment) so I changed it to 3.34 which should help reflect it as 10 instead of 9. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2017
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Three cheers for Shield Overcharge apparently working (only able to test rank I atm)

There are still some issues with power boost (Minor, engine was displaying as 150/195 until allocation began)

The missiles still say 9 damage (May not be pushed to current build yet)

Allocation phases still/are again scaling based on # of players present in a match

Weapon ranges of some ships with multiple weapon systems (Saw it happen last build when I was Genari) are calculating correct accuracy as expected but sometimes have an erroneous range and subsequent grid highlight. While the missile launcher and other weapons at less than displayed (16 sometimes, if it picks the weapon with greatest range) appear to be able to fire at such range, attempting to fire beyond listed max range will produce an error. Conversely, the shortest ranged weapon can be applied to all weapons, restricting firing capabilities (only distance, reflected by grid highlight, accuracy appears unchanged). The actual range of the missile launcher that I am hovering over in the below screenshot is 10, not 16. Same goes for the damage, 10 not 9.

-This is a very very important ticket to write, if you could please on Jira, thanks Xeen. -Vesuvius

Lastly, this sector is so very huge, it is hard to see the battlefield all at once (If I were to have teammates present at randomly warped in location each with their own radar fields) Gigantic Sector and Bugs.jpg

Oh and crew display on upper left of UI still shows xxx/YY when there is a ship with a 3 digit crew. The last digit is being hidden. Display field needs to be expanded.

-That is on the bug list to fix, they're going to make the numbers smaller when its 3 digits so it will 'fit'. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestion: For engineering, since repair tenders mostly make the repair skill obsolete, add a 'reinforced superstructure' ability that increases your hull points by 5 and 10% rounded up.

Oh and particularly useful, the skill would reduce damage taken by downed ship's reactor explosions by 25 and 50%

I think the Genari would really benefit from this, especially considering a close-in missile frigate cant land hits for squat at 4+ range.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The mega sector has been conquered.

Some serious reinforcements 2 turns later while warping out!

Attached Files:

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Another big update for the weekend, a lot coming from supporting the Comic Con:
    • The shipyard will now display the status of a support ship that is still in galaxy.
    • An infrequent bug that would incorrectly ask the player to choose a spawn point has been fixed.
    • A bug that would sometimes prevent travel to sectors with multiple maps has been fixed.
    • A bug that would allow players to travel to invalid maps in sectors with multiple maps has been fixed.
    • Players will no longer be able to travel to sectors that are cut off from the shipyard they are launching from. <-- Xeen: If a long line is made into enemy space, but is then cut off, you'd have to get that region back before continuing your incursion!
    • The officer upgrade cooldown timer will now display minutes remaining if the cooldown has less than an hour remaining.
    • Counterfire Marines will no longer trigger if the weapon is on cooldown.
    • A calculation error that was causing higher than intended chance to damage engines has been resolved.
    • The last digit on max crew number will now be correctly displayed in the Upper Left HUD.
    • Players that warp into a map will now be able to correctly see and interact with ships that had already begun their warp out sequence.
    • Stations will now repair themselves.
    • Support ships will now repair themselves.
    • Stations and support ships will now have access to their full repair pool for self repairs. <-- Xeen: The stations will be A LOT harder to kill!
    • Support ships will now allocate power to their shields. The amount of power allocated will depend on if they are set to follow/leave versus hold position.
    • Support ships will no longer spontaneously move for no apparent reason.
    • Support ships will now be a little smarter about following its lead vessel.
    • AI controlled support ships will no longer be sent into a sector to prevent player capturing.
    • It is no longer possible for a player to travel to an invalid map in the case of multi-map sectors.
    • In allocation repairing will no longer cause an incorrect movement value to be shown.
    • Resolved a situation where some Sol Stations would split apart if fired upon.
    • The chat window has been repositioned and resized for Combat and Freeflight so that it no longer overlaps the weapon icons.
    • The nameplate popups for ships will now update in real time.
    • The player’s own support ships will no longer trigger the transit phase.
      Note: Repair points are currently not being evenly distributed if there is more than one ship within the radius of the Station’s or Support Ship’s effect radius.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Excellent. That is something that I had asked for. You must connect to receive AI defenders and/or continue assault!\

It was kinda cheesey to be able to just line-drive to the enemy HQ and gg

Now about that 24 hour lockout timer.... It is entirely possible for me (understood beta, low player count) to do the same within 24 hours and KO the homeworld because all my approaching tiles will be locked.

Stations repairing themselves should help a bit, but I can still kill them! If the numbers I saw/recall are accurate, about 60 points of repair and 20 points of shielding, I can still do a net of ~20 dmg/round. Yes it will be harder, but it is still possible to solo.

*Can I get a steam code for my gf? I want to try to get her to play a bit with me. The game isn't too complicated atm + turn based (not requiring very quick reflexes/response times) should be good for her, but I don't know if she will care to play this type of game :p Maybe if I show her collecting badges and ships or something..?
    -I'll send you another steam key now -Vesuvius

You said the multi-map invalid sector bug fix twice :p

I never reported it because I didn't think it to be too big of a problem, but Genari stations do this weird thing where they drop down onto the hex grid instead of remaining in their original location floating above the grid when hit/fired upon.

• The nameplate popups for ships will now update in real time.
    Does this mean that you can no longer hover on someone and watch their location through out the entirety of a single move (even long after they leave LOS/radar range)? I hope it does!

-No the nameplate popup updating as in when you hit a ship and see its hull points go down properly (instead of taking mouse away and then having to re-hover over it to see it refresh) -Vesuvius

Does this also mean that ships will be identified immediately upon entering your LOS/Radar range and not when they stop at some point therein? You can get a lot of important information about where a ship came from and it is entirely expected to see them as soon as they enter range. Problem with when the system updates information, appears to be only once for each command issues, so if you move 20 tiles and find a ship at minimum radar range (from your POV) but the ship you found was scanning at 20, they dont see you until you stop for having detected them! They should see you as soon as you enter radar range +- sensor boost/shadow

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
  17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Just found some other weird bug during transit/travel across galaxy map (not combat transit phase).

I was en route to a location and clicked on another location on the way to my destination and got dropped into that map. I returned to galaxy and attempted to go to my destination again, but am being sent back to the previous map.

Will have to mess around with this more and try to reproduce/record. It may be possible this is related to my twitchy left-click worn out mouse.

Weird, I keep attempting to travel to a particular sector and getting dumped back to where I am even after moving to a different one.

Seems that any time I attempt to engage any enemy sector, I get dumped back into my current one! Will try relog after recording short video.

-Interesting bug for sure. I'm thinking that you find these more rare bugs because you're running on a super slow connection, and it becomes that synching issue with client/server -Vesuvius

Power Boost still has a minor flaw with UI updating. Power/engine status is showing as NormalMax/ModifiedMax until you go into first combat and then it updates to ModifiedMax/ModifiedMax as expected until you take damage (if).

Also problems with Yellow-Bolt markers not clearing off of the galaxy map when full control is restored to the owner and no attackers (or defenders) present.

-I think that is when an area has lost mines/drones, it remains yellow. -Vesuvius

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Still problems with weapon ranges, all weapons randomly set to the range of one of the ship's weapons.
    -Create a ticket for this one. -Vesuvius

Can see through but not shoot through some recently created debris (destroyed Gen mine)

-That is on the list for fixing -Vesuvius

Position of weapons on hotbar still floating around, from build to build? Location/Arc of weapons and the specific equipment remains unchanged, just swapping of hotkeys (Might be Missile beam beam Missile one build/client launch and then beam beam Missile Missile on the fore of the Colossus on another build/launch)

Can free fly and XP is posted as soon as a ship is logically determined to be destroyed while waiting for weapon animations to finish. Only happens if last enemy on map was the one shot down. This has been in forever and I just didn't bother reporting it yet (bigger bugs to hunt).

Attempting to fire a weapon that has already been queued for an attack will produce a general error popup. Should instead play some kind of negative-feedback buzzer sound and game play is uninterrupted with popup. Same as above, has been around forever.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Repeated galaxy transit bug. Seems to happen if certain sectors are targeted. Possibly related to the new 'connected to spaceport' rule and some flaw (possibly the persisting yellow bolt bug?).

I've been noticing that actual travel deviates from the plotted course marked by the transiting arrows. See Screenshot (my blue dot @ Muchin station way off the arrow line)

Seems to be you have blocked access to the homeworld defense sectors to prevent me from ending the game :p Or it's just a bug.

After another test, I think it is a bug related to a zone being perma-flagged yellow bolt even though Sol has full control and attempting to attack a sector from there.

In my semi-professional opinion, this bug/combination of bugs (if it is what I think it is) should be move to priority 1 for fixing.

Edit: Someone just had a Class VIII ship there after I conquered a new sector to circumnavigate the yellow-bolt blocker. I'm attempting to attack now too. I see their marker there and gone several times, I am unable to reach the sector even after creating a new path. Perhaps this is some intentional block in place to prevent end-game.

Very weird, I think I may have been causing that Class VIII marker, but I'm in a Class X. Then again maybe not, there was an enemy Class VIII sitting here (but not displayed as such from galaxy view). I finally managed to get in to G-3314 after jamming in some commands.

-If you can figure this one out, its definitely something to make a ticket out of for Jira -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Double-Arc hit display and actual damage sharing between arcs instead of arbitration/prioritized arc needs fixing.

Suggestion/Request: Client-saved power presets per ship (since we can only have one of each ship atm, this should be easy) for one-touch allocation 'full weapons', 'mobility/scanning', 'defensive', however you want to use them or label them, 3 or so customized settings would be great.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.