Space Wars Videos

Discussion in 'Media & Updates' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Kahless

Kahless Member

want more combat videos!

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Fourth Trailer is up now (kept unlisted though until Early Access beta launch)

Apex Predator and Markoth like this.
  3. CpZen

CpZen Member

Darn, this gets me more excited. :rolleyes:

4. Hexxx

Hexxx Member

So... Babylon 5-ish (compliment).

5. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

This just gets me juice-up...

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Thought I'd share some pictures of the person who is doing the voiceovers for the Sol intros and victory endgame screens...

I created a storyboard, and a speech script, so he does the Sol Admiral speech, and the artist will create the animated intros.

16939531_10208861401438591_2441815124971791506_n.jpg
    17190676_10208861400678572_737431471057118382_n.jpg
    17190848_10208861400918578_3398097974133164155_n.jpg

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Some pictures from PAX East in Boston:

IMG_0546.jpg

We had a much smaller booth this time, with only two computers. The machines were usually occupied the entire time. After about 5 minutes of learning, most players then got the hang of the game.

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Me (to the right) being interviewed. The PAX booth was both for gamers to try out for the game and sign up for the beta, as well as for media interviews.

IMG_0557.jpg

This one young kid in the blue, was absolutely incredible/genius -- he just came on and started playing, and learned the game in less than a minute. He picked up the game faster than anyone else I instructed in the 3 days at PAX. Left clicks, right clicks, shield/sensor/weapon distribution, movement, etc... was almost intuitive for him.

Apex Predator, wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Another event coming up, we will be at the Phoenix Comicon from May 25th through May 28th, with a booth of 3 computer for players to enter the galaxy or play skirmish/battle royale. Any Phoenix locals, come on by... we're on the 3rd floor, HH1400.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Photos from Comic-Con 2017 in Phoenix!
    cc01.jpg
    cc02.jpg
    cc03.jpg
    cc04.jpg
    cc05.jpg
    cc06.jpg
    cc07.jpg

The girl you see in the red dress actually does play Space Wars, and is pretty good at it, she's 'Little Sparrow' in the game.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Having a hard time deciding which is hotter. The girls or the car.
    #Nerdgasm

Never been to a convention before :p

Is that car yours/permanent, not some kind of temp job or photoshop?

Now I wish I could have gone!

PS - I feel like such a swamp-town nobody now >< Nothing quite like that around here. Maybe in New Orleans.... Maybe...
    I always feel like Rocky when I see stuff like this. My POS equipment from nowhere's-ville but I kick a little ass for what I've got!

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, I've had that car for 9 years now. Its covered with a wrap, so its not permanent. Its actually the textures off the Yamato Battleship and the Leningrad Destroyer.

AmishJoe, SPiEkY and Xeen Dread like this.
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hilarious. I just looked at LS's screen and saw my handiwork of the Genari Empire. I ran a line through the smallest sectors to the homeworlds and attempted end-game once again :p

Was trying to see if the person I was talking to and playing with had a chat window open in one of the pics or a Colossus on screen. Whoever it was said they would be joining the beta.

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

There was at least 50 or so people who played online during the event, so it could be any of them. All ages too, from ~10 through ~70.

14. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

Can the in-game intro videos get posted up or are they restricted because the game isn't released yet? Also wanted to see the ending videos.