Was just thinking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Calamity, Nov 8, 2017.

1. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

I was thinking, that this game is equally as enjoyable as it is an tactical marvel. My biggest thing is why not implement a system where you keep your ships after you die, like many other “normal” games. Personally the fact that I could die and lose everything is what doesn’t make me want to stay in the long haul. I’d even go as far to say, the bridge officers die and reset, you still keep that suspense in engagements (cuz who wants to loose there fully leveled BoFFs) yet the ship to purchase again is free for everyone.

Idk just my thoughts,,

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Corvettes are cannon fodder, and frigates to some degree as well; but the whole idea is to get to the larger ships, and keep them alive, with things like we discussed before; Dark Matter astrophysics, or get XP refunds through Honorable Death, or keeping officers alive through Emergency Escape (still needs work).

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I think the Risk vs Reward model and combat effectiveness of ships within a class across factions and even vs a class or two higher needs a look.

Fixing those things would eliminated the need for insurance mechanics, which I don't think belong in this game.