[Suggestion] Adjustment to Kill XP Payout

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Sunon, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Sunon

Sunon New Member

Hey, this is my first post. Been with the game for a bit now but I was waiting for the open beta before really diving into it. After playing for a bit, I noticed that the way experience is given for kills, it kind of promotes a selfish playstyle of waiting and trying to get the last hit on opponents. I was wondering if it might be better to change it up so that when the target is killed, you gain bonus exp based on how much damage you dealt. Not sure how difficult that would be to change, but it's just a thought. Then again, if what the devs are looking for is more of a cutthroat game where waiting and kill stealing like that is advised, then ignore this. All the more power to them!

What are your thoughts?

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Oh, for sure... I want to have kill XP assists given, it will undoubtedly be part of the game. Though people will still be selfish about destroying ship, since they will get XP than refraining. Of course, playing with trusted allies helps too, but it will be nice when XP assists are implemented.

3. Hohh20

Hohh20 New Member

Would assists consist of the same amount of XP or a lower amount? If it is a lower amount then nothing will be solved. People will still do whatever they can to get the last kill.

It might be easier and less problematic to just give every ally in the sector the same amount of XP whether they hit the ship or not. Those that deal damage to the ship already get a bit of XP every hit so theres no need to give people more XP depending on how much work they did to kill it.

4. Dalwin

Dalwin Member

Similar to what Hohh is saying, I think it should be split among the team but not an equal amount to all. It should be proportional to how much damage you did. The guy afk leeching over in the corner should be getting a zero share which is the opposite of what would happen with Hohh's suggestion.