SpaceWars Kickstarter Launched!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Coser

Coser Active Member

If you read Vesuvius' post, $1-$30 is A skin, singular. You get to chose which one, but still a single scin. I pledges $125 to get the sol missile frigate, sol skins, and Genari skins, now I can only get the Frigate. I'm not unhappy about that as I presume that the skins will also be set up as pay-for items some time in the future.

2. Kampel

Kampel New Member

I hope you can still make this work, looking forward to this game :)

3. Coser

Coser Active Member

And Vesuvius has replied to me. ALL the skins will be available in-game as paid for items, as will be the two frigates. The KS backers will get a single skin for free [pledges up to $30] or a single frigate for free [pledges over $30].

This means that for people like me, we can still get the items we wanted. I am not bothered about paying afterwards for the skins and the other frigate I wanted. I have no idea if any of them will be suitable for my playstyle, but I am looking forward to supporting the game anyway - and IF I don't ever use them, they still give me a wider choice and that's always a good thing.

Thank you Vesuvius!

4. Nautix

Nautix New Member

I found out about this gem only a few days too late for the kickstarter. Very excited to hear that it is still releasing. :D

Have you thought of packages to go through the site at some point prior to release?

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Hey Nautix, since the game is being released on steam, a lot of those kinds of 'package rewards' if I'm picking it up correctly, is going to appear there. But pretty much every unique ship/skin will be available through in-game currency. But none of these are going to give paying players an edge -- just more ship options and unique playstyles.

6. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

I didn't participate in the kicktarter but I'm definitely using the in-game currency to try out some of the different ship types.

7. Nautix

Nautix New Member

Thank you, looking forward to the release! :)

8. Coser

Coser Active Member

So say we all!

9. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

When I closed the kickstarter, I sent out a message to all the backers that they should email or private message me on this board and pick one of those KS variants (eg. Honor Bound IV, Battalion IV) and they will have that skin unlocked indefinitely for their accounts when the game launches. I don't have your pick though, so message me and I'll add you to the selection list :)
    Indeed the KS variants are unique in loadout as well, like you see in the shipyard info.

11. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

So the skins are indeed the IV variants, thanks.

(I was/am not in a hurry, the game is not out yet for us, so I decided to just read about everything I could [like what's the difference between the base and the IV variant, as that info was something I didn't know when the KS just ended], and select the "most fitting" for me, as long as it's before release, it's good enough :) )