SpaceWars Kickstarter Launched!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Ormagodon, Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Some kickstarter skins:
    skinaward.jpg

Ormagodon, Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  3. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Are the corvette and frigate kickstarter skins different under the hood? ie. do they have different loadouts?

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, actually the kickstarter ships have their own unique stats and lore. They are special type IV ships.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator

7. Junpine

Junpine New Member

Good luck on the Kickstarter, I ordered the Book.

8. lefty

lefty Member

Donated. The sol skin.

9. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

If I donate for the Sol kickstarter ship, does it unlock for play right away or do I have to gain enough in game xp to get the Halifax frigate?

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, you'd have to acquire the experience through combat to get from Corvette -> Frigate. That way you aren't paying to have early head start over everyone else (pay for power).

11. MLocke

MLocke Member

Joined. Did the genari predator frigate.

12. SirElric

SirElric Member

So are the kickstarter ship type 4 more powerful than the standard type?

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Using the rulesets for Class III and IV ship and the templates for those ships, none of these variants are statistically more or less powerful, just different in style and loadout.

14. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

On this forum thru kickstarter.

15. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup New Member

Those genari skins look amazing. I love the arachnid and eye designs. Will future ship skins have the same general theme?

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

There's actually a lot of different skin types that just haven't been posted on the forum, though on http://forums.spacewars.com/threads/vehicle-skins.12/#post-284 you can see some of the skins there. I didn't want them to get too outlandish or circus-like, so they are 'realistic' looking and not over the top.

17. Firesped

Firesped New Member

What is your plan should the kickstarter not pull in enough backers/money to succeed?

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

I keep on rolling; it would be a disappointment nonetheless. One thing is for sure, kickstarter isn't the way it used to be, I think too many people were jaded by the fact that games would be on there, get funded, but never get off the ground. The golden days were back in 2011-2012.
    The site is much more successful for tangible products over virtual ones.

Coser likes this.
  19. Firesped

Firesped New Member

I'm completely understand, recently I've seen projects get cancelled so the creators can recreate them at a later time when they have some more substantial goals worked out. I'm involved in a couple of kickstarters that are delayed coming out with their full product.

20. Coser

Coser Active Member

I joined here because of the Kickstarter. I really hope it will get the funding, but am glad to see that the game will carry on without it.

Will there be a way to just pre-order here? Possibly with the unique skins or ships?