some quality of life ideas for the waiting queue

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Dalwin, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Dalwin

Dalwin Member

There are often only a few decent battles to choose from on the map and the wait times to zone in can be very long. Here are a few ideas to make that more bearable.

1.) Why is the only place in the game where you have nothing better to do than chat the one time you have no access to the chat panels?

2.) The game should tell us if we are first on the waitlist or third etc.

3.)The AI pilots should head to a wall and zone out to make room for a human pilot.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Marksteele

Marksteele New Member

I especially like the third suggestion here. I've seen a lot of people (myself included) use the AI as a sector limiter since you can keep 3 dumb AI in a sector and then reduce the amount of major enemies down to 1 player at a time.

3. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Simply increase again battle maps? And Looks like the SOL faction lost some high qualtiy players looks like.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

All of the above are part of the queue of things we want to do. But they aren't as easy as it seems to implement.

5. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Thank you for being so receptive. Actually Iiked to Play rather in a huge battle than waiting outside a batle....hint back with the current number of Players per battle? your game works much more smoothly already. This waiting outside of the battle is really frustrating

6. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

This was a somewhat predicted crisis. In order to make the flow feel faster, the map sizes got halved +1. On the flip side of things it creates this bit of a void where we are now. The way it's visible right now is if we leave it this way, players will have issues with maps being small, not being able to get in, things that we have now. But if we revert it, then we're probably going to get bombarded with "takes too long" comments and reviews. Hopefully some of these players will come across this or a few of the other posts that mention something like it so that they can understand the limitations of man power lol.