Sol Ships

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MLocke

MLocke Member

Leningrad is a better ship no matter how many Swordfishes there are. At least the ones with the plasma beams, and the admiral hughes version is the best.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Here's some NPC ships for Sol:
    Small Cargo Tug:
    0fcc066d-5c3d-4a31-978f-1d4beb3dc0a8.png

Personnel Transport:
    2f9bc729-33b3-4a06-b14c-708b6ee748db.png

Repair Drone (usually found at the stations you're docked in):
    e6217b52-8224-42b8-8a17-2f15c17bebe9.png

Coser likes this.
  3. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

Nice detail on the NPC ships!

4. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

Pretty cool on the ships, wondering if they are something you can take out as genari.

5. Coser

Coser Active Member

I would have thought that as Genari, your priority targets should be any Personnel Transports that you see. You have a limited supply of Marine pods which can kill the enemy crew, but the enemy win if they have a personnel transport that just replenishes the crew. (At least, if they can do so more than you can kill.)

Certainly as a Sol captain, I'd be going for any Genari marine transports I can see as it will limit the damage potential of a lot of Genari ships. Mind you, as a good Sol officer, I am not planning on letting any Genari ships get into pod range, so it may be a moot point.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Time to add some Light Cruisers:
    The Kumano, which emphasizes defense, and the Mercury, offense. Three varieties each.

Kumano Type I (Basic Variant)
    kumano.jpg

Kumano Type II (Improved Force Fields)
    kumano2.jpg

Kumano Type III (Improved Firepower)
    kumano3.jpg

Mercury Type I (Basic Variant)
    mercury.jpg

Mercury Type II (Dual Heavy Beams)
    mercury2.jpg

Mercury Type III (Improved Engines)
    mercury3.jpg

7. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

Mercury Type II FTW

8. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

Mercury Type III FTW, I like Rear Admiral Hughes (Hayes?) modifications.

9. CpZen

CpZen Member

The Kumano type 2 for me for its defensive strength.

10. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I'm happy that the variant ships aren't game-breakers (pay for power stuff) because I'm not sure how much I'd be able to afford the premium ships. Its nice that there's still a good selection of ships that I can try out and play like anyone else.

11. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

Compared to the Victory Genari light cruisers the Sol light cruisers seem to be weaker, with less firepower. With everything I've seen so far, it seems to me that Genari isn't any weaker than Sol except on the endgame high tier ships.

12. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

The shipyard on the mainsite got updated I see. Damn, that's a lot of ships. I've been reading up on some of them, and the flavor text. The one that caught my eye is the Baltimore, specifically the type 3 :)

baltimore3.jpg

13. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

My pick for looks:
    I just like the designs/lines. I also like the stats. I'd probably get this ship once I advance to the frigate level.
    [​IMG]

14. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

About the Oslo above, that's the frigate I head for when I get to about 1k count threshold. It's cheaper and more durable.

15. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

Bengbu v is a missile ship now! It packs a decent punch for low energy cost. My new favorite corvette.

16. SirElric

SirElric Member

Honestly, after trying out every ship in the class III and class IV range, I'm starting to really like the kickstarter/pax ships. I think the Bengbu V is also a pax ship.

17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I like the Leningrad 2 and hate the swordfish 4. The swordfish has plasma beams but no shields worth having, crap engines and only a little more hull than a Halifax. I will take a Halifax against any thing up to and including a class 7 easy. Swordfish almost gets destroyed every battle. hopefully I get to try out some of the other variant and they are more suited to my play style.

Oops, my bad, went back and looked, should have said swordfish 5 not 4.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  18. TommyBZ

TommyBZ New Member

Not a fan of most of the Swordfish ships either, but yeah, the 5th one is pretty bad. I guess Captain Sheena Hendrickson didn't know what she was doing lol. I take Leningrad 3.

19. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

I've finally been to my first light cruiser. I chose the first mercury, because its the most affordable. I do love how powerful it is compared to anything else I've ever had. Its definitely a big jump up from any destroyer. The next step up, the cruisers seem so far out of reach though.

20. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

The bengbu seem to have too high (?) hull points now with the rebalance? Over 20?