*** OPEN BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VII ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

or make it not the same tier within 30 mins?

I would like to say i am in favour of keeping the system as is but i offered a suggestion as i want the whole community to be on the same page :)

Mavrick likes this.
  2. Heinous

Heinous New Member

The only problem with that Zuuwly is that a fair number of Sol players have T5s, T6s and T7s. Some even have a T8 as well.

3. sathurn

sathurn New Member

I don't mind players returning in a new ship. What I found highly discouraging is to see a high level player forced off the map by damage come back the next turn in the same ship fully healed.

4. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

I'm pretty sure that's been fixed now, there should be a 30 minutes timer???

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The 30 minute holdback is good, eliminates players from coming back in with rally/marines/ or whatever active skill full repaired again (yes it works to block attackers and defenders for 30 mins now).

I understand Mavrik's argument though, that a player just comes back with a different ship, especially if they have a whole arsenal/selection. We are in late game mode though, so usually a player wouldn't have a horde of Class 6 ships for example; or at least on a future server XP farming wouldn't be as easy as it was earlier in this server. It is also encouraging for players to try different types of ships than to stick to just one ship variant.

I'm good either way, making the timer block all players ships from returning to that area, or keeping as it is now, specific ship timer.

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Just take note you can't have more than one type of ship. You can only get one V3 for example.

7. Suno

Suno Member

The way I see it your LP usage is one of the most critical strategic aspects of this game, constantly being able to adapt to the meta-game and using your LP wisely is part of the fun, being able to react to your enemy in a bunch of different ways is just good game-play imo saving up for that big ship or buying one that might be applicable in the here and now can make a huge difference for your faction if you look at and understand the enemies current wide-spread tactics(these evolve constantly) .
    I agree with what Ves's comments. Right now we have had the server on for a month, LP wasn't so easy back when the cycle started(More-so now that AI and Tender farming has been fixed)

There comes a point when a game gets too Restrictive and I think we are getting a bit off the rails here eventually it was just be a 50/50% balancing act and a bunch of caps lol. Its not like Ships are cheap especially high tier ships (more-so with SOL) having the perk of being able to switch between them seems fine. Thats a strategy decision within itself since you can only retain 40% of your LP for that ship.

Balancing everything around the handful of players playing now is going to create huge problems if this game has a modicum of success and population in the future.

Final Thought: There is never a moment were I feel entirely helpless as a race(except when none of us knew how officer upgrades worked), there is usually always a counter-play for something it just takes a bit of thought and research, if this game gets dumbed down and capped anymore Its going to get boring really fast. (Hes better off just makiing a instanced turn based ship war simulator at that point)

Just one dude with an opinion though haha.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    fox likes this.
  8. ben

ben Member

agreed and accepted that when ever you can get to something like this,,,,, but don't push yourself too hard.

( i like the before entry scene, and if players where been tactical the warp in's would be less of an issue. )

if it's glitches,,, oh well,
    sometimes the reactor core on the enterprise didn't work, and scotty had to fix it
    and the empire never knew where the rebels where?
    and that first spawn in the latest movie didn't go so well for the rebels,
    and the know it all hot shot pilot,,,,,,well he got heaps of people freken killed didn't he,
    they all would have made it safely to the planet except for his hair brained idea.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  9. Trident

Trident New Member

10. Onifrk

Onifrk New Member

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yup, with the new map editor I can identify voids and fix them now.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 1/24/2018

General
    • Players will now be able to correctly attack and capture individual maps in multimap sectors in the correct progression order. The defending faction will be able to counter-attack captured maps to regain control in the reverse order of the attackers. When all maps in the sector are owned by the attackers the sector with lock and change ownership.
      • Note: There is a known visual issue where the faction icons can be incorrectly flipped on the siege bar when the map is captured by the attacker but the sector is still owned by the defender.
    • The defending faction for contested sectors will now slowly recover siege points if there are no enemies in the map.
    • Fixed an issue with the ship skill Radiation Resistant not functioning. It functions in the same manner as the Genari officer skill Resistance 1 but will not stack.
    • Fixed an issue where Hive shipyards were not properly appearing on the galaxy map.
    • Fixed an issue where the Hive were not reinforcing their sectors when attacked by Genari or Sol.
    • Activating Stress Engines during the allocation phase will result in the ship’s weapons being disabled during the following combat phase.
    • Player will now be blocked from entering a sector if a support ship in their fleet exceeds the max class allowed in the sector.

fox likes this.
  13. Suno

Suno Member

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  14. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Thx for constantly working on omproving the game. Still i dont know if i agree to the change regarding stress engine. Its purpose was a one time atrack boost to capture a ship. I think i understand the main problem which t his tries to address but i am personally unhappy about this change

15. Suno

Suno Member

Was way too strong when used by experienced players with the right ship. Enabled SOL and Genari players to one turn a plethora of tiers, was practically a "I Win" button with the right set-up. I always thought of it as a gimmick skill and tried to avoid it like the plague, but I don't think its a good idea to give higher tier ships with stress the ability to utilize their higher damage and Hull to completely nullify a lower tiers chance of escape.

What would your solution be?

16. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Some suggestions. First of all the combination of stress engine +rally made it especially powerful. Or you could introduce a 1 turn downtime were you have no energy or for example 10%. To make it a very risky option as you would be a sitting duck.or make the pena lty lie 50% or 90% to your engine.I get your point that currently it is a sure winner especially in one to one battles. I simply like the narrative otion of the enginerr making a desperate attempt to save the ship or win the battle.

17. Suno

Suno Member

Its only risky if someone is there to capitalize on it though, I would more than happily still pop it on my c8 instant 1 turn a c5 into CD take a full turn of damage and still feel confident enough to kill that c6 or get out safely, many other ships are in similar situations. Vic 3 for example in a faction 8 room can probably safely do the same thing(After they are nerfed, they pretty much have a permanent stress engines full damage).
    Don't forget DME 2 either, I can just stress wreck someone not give a shit about the engine damage and warp in the middle of the map with my full hull for protection. Its even more OP on the genari side of things since they have more hull over-all facilitating safer warp-outs.

The main issue with stress is that it doesn't promote tactical game-play its a button push the moment I warp into a map almost certainly guaranteeing me a free kill.

Scenario 2: Most of the time I warp into a map, people don't understand the situation and leave immediately, on their warp-out turn I could stress cross the map and instant kill them and there's nothing they can do about it with no Risk to myself. It lets you power full damage and have the movement to utilize that damage optimally. Allocation is huge, I can't speak for Genari(low power OP as fuck missiles x'D) but on the SOL side of thing you can almost never power full weapons and move more then like 10, and when you have 90 damage on the bar its a HUGE deal.

However in huge populated maps the game changes entirely(where i think your suggestion would be fitting) its hard to balance between the two, but being able to instantly put someone on cool-down without skill or tactical gameplay and them having absolutely no chance to escape is no bueno imo.

You can't really just say ok those ships are a problem just change the stats on them either, they sorta need those stats to retain viability in a lot of situations. In this case stress would then be mandatory if you wanted to kill something which would leave the same issues but make the ship useless without stress. Also if we factor in how hard engine damage snowballs and how easy it is to position yourself behind an enemy with huge amounts of movement it just gets worse. <-- this is how i killed umaris c7 the otherday

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  18. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Attach a risk to it to bloe up your engine making it a rather risky despair option. Same goes for shield overcharge etc.... suno i see the problem i sumply dont like the fix much. Alas i cant think of a good fix

19. Suno

Suno Member

Well I can't think of a different way to handle the stress nerf either without creating problems, but on the subject of shield overcharge we actually had some ideas on this in the discord the other day, essentially it was about implementing a SOL active called shield overload sort of like rally that gives you one turn of full shields but then breaks them all(something similar to that) sorta similar to stress to really emphasize SOL's shielding as a counter for rally and then nerfing the shield overcharge passive itself by 30-35%.

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

The whole idea of stress engines was for it to be used for emergency/escape purposes -- running away from danger. So when it got abused this way it became a totally different skill, and we do not need that here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.