*** OPEN BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VII ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

There's an obvious bug in the leaderboard (they were trying to justify the tables better, but something got screwed there), so I've reported that bug already.

2. ben

ben Member

hello, there a small bug in the use of two tenders,,,, i know gaming, but i die a lot,so i kinda need it. Soemtimes , often, one can not park behind the other, the hex wil not allow any movement into it. All good, Not neccassarcily a bad thing, but it s there.

3. ccX

ccX New Member

So, if a high level player loses his ship is the end for him. He can`t jump back in a c3 and work his way up due to the xp penalty.
    Now we can`t risk our ship and the sol will close the map in a few days. Correct me if i`m wrong.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Well, theoretically next Tuesday the removal of permadeath will alleviate that losing ship issue. But at least with my C6 I'm still able to strike successfully, either ward them away, or escape with decent XP.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

That is a unique bug; can others confirm it? I never had that issue with Genari tenders though, so is it only Klondike?

6. ccX

ccX New Member

We`ll just try to survive till then :)

7. ben

ben Member

the klondike has shield bug,,,,, i dont know which variable it is. Gun was at max, i was facing a wall, and rear shields all max, all shots from any angle at the klondike did damage. Both from ai and player. no shiled damage was shown, they remained max.

8. ben

ben Member

i have attempted to reproduce. no observations so far.

9. ben

ben Member

it was when i had the klondike and elbe and another combat
    , and was wall hgging and tender farming,,,,, so it was gameing it, but now i dont have Captain arrangement to re-produce.

10. ben

ben Member

This Seams to occurs occasionally when hiding in a corner. It is of very low priority because the effect is minimal, rare and one can still escape after occurring.

11. Suno

Suno Member

Speaking of shielding issues. We have had some issues with 'Shield Overcharge' not entirely sure how to reproduce it but we have some theories.
    Usually when a ship of the same tier and class warps in, it overrides the shield overcharge of everyone else and gives it to everyone of the same class that entered the map before you. Except you don't get any usability, trying to go over your legitimate max shields gives you a 'General Error' and breaks all your weapons half the time. We Initially thought it was by class but for some reason I was overriding Rev's Yamato with my Exeter's 42 shields. We think some other officer skills get overrided this way too, since I have lost the ability mid-match to Stress and Overload before.

ben likes this.
  12. ccX

ccX New Member

Sol were attacking a system, i went there to defend and it was ticking. Cleared the area of any hostiles but it was still ticking in sol favor.

Attached Files:

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Its a big bug that the programmers are working on as we speak, I've even noticed it when I was in my victory III, and the devastator ship shield overcharge skill did the same to me.

14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yes, that is a known bug, that they are also working on.

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Any chance of making a quick video? I can send to the programmers. Also anyone else run into this problem? I've actually never tried targeting, but its an awesome skill to have to take out enemy weapons before they fire on you...

16. ben

ben Member

I don't know how to make video. Works on Klondike every turn. No audio one weapon. Worked on Liverpool until audio cue. Targeting is great skill.

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Looks like the patch is delayed:

Hi Rob,

Due to being slowed down by seasonal illness things are taking a bit longer than planned. There is some more work still needed regarding the faction limit changes and removing permanent death that will delay the build to tomorrow. We can also use the extra time to give these features a little additional testing.

We apologize for the delay but rest assured that we'll get back to our normal Tuesday schedule next week.

I'm sure the Christmas Holidays/New Years slowed things down too.

Suno and ben like this.
  18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 1/3/2018

General
    • Permanent death on all class 4 and above ships including their officers has been removed and replaced with a cooldown timer. Once destroyed the ship will go on cooldown in the player’s roster for a set amount of time depending on its class. Permanent death on all class 1-3 ships is still active but they have no cooldown.
      • Class 4-5: 2 days 12 hours
      • Class 6: 2 days 21 hours
      • Class 7: 3 days 11 hours
      • Class 8: 4 days
      • Class 9-10: 4 days 15 hours
    • The Genari captain skill Honorable Death will now reduce the cooldown duration of ships by a percentage amount based on the skill tier.
      • Honorable Death I: reduces the cooldown by 30%
      • Honorable Death II: reduces the cooldown by 60%
    • The Sol officer skill Emergency Escape will now reduce the cooldown duration of ships by a percentage amount based on the skill tier.
      • Emergency Escape I - reduces the cooldown by 10%
      • Emergency Escape II - reduces the cooldown by 20%
      • Emergency Escape III - reduces the cooldown by 30%
      • Emergency Escape IV - reduces the cooldown by 40%
      • Emergency Escape V - reduces the cooldown by 60%
    • Travel to isolated friendly sectors from an enemy controlled sector is no longer permitted.
    • New Sol and Genari premium captain portraits have been added to the game.
    • Fixed an issue where unopposed would be incorrectly triggered in combat resulting in gradual depletion of the defender’s siege points.
    • The game will now do a better job handling resolution of combat if there is a ship in transit.
    • Overhauled the leaderboard to address several issues with displaying information.
    • Each ship class now has a specified faction value that contributes to the faction limit for a sector. The values are:
      • Class 1-3 Ships = 1
      • Class 4 Ships = 2
      • Class 5-6 Ships = 3
      • Class 7-8 Ships = 4
      • Class 9-10 Ships = 5
    • If a sector has reached the max combined ship value for a given faction players of that faction will no longer be able to travel to that region instead of entering the queue.

Zuuwly, fox and ben like this.
  19. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

Quick question : Does AI coming with support ship/warfleet commander skills also count in the sector limit?

20. obnosis

obnosis New Member

2 things to notice:
    first, the UI could be a little improved to show ship points and also free spots in a sector. now you have to do the math to see what level is allowed. that's just a QoL minor thing, not really important.
    more important is the NPC spawns. they are real killers now :D
    but so far i love it. i can play whatever tier i want forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.