Officer Spotlight: Sol Weapons Officer

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Coser

Coser Active Member

Nightwolf, you could very well be right, depending on what shields your ally has up, and what damage they have taken. Genarii captains have to get next to a target ship to send boarding parties, and the target ship has to have no shields in between them or the pods just explode and take down a shield.

So if another Sol player spots the Genarii ship and fires on it, it could explode and damage or destroy the Sol ship the Genarii were attacking.

2. Kuwanger

Kuwanger New Member

I've been having a hoot on overload. Its a whole lot of damage you can put out on one shot, making it a one shot kill. Maybe its too OP?

3. JansenC

JansenC New Member

I'm not sure if its correct, but accuracy is stacking. So if you have a weapon that is 70% (like the plasma beams), with accuracy III you're essentially getting 100% chance to hit. So its somewhat OP.

4. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

Always go for damage boost 1 as my first go to officer upgrade right now. Especially worthy on the corvettes.

5. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I tried overload 1 for the first time on my beam corvette, wow it is amazing now doubt. I guess the trick is that you only get one shot with it, so make it count, and dont miss!

6. MLocke

MLocke Member

I think overload skill has been nerfed too much, needs to be brought back up to its original stats. Most people go for ACC/Damage boost. If the overload was improved, people might start going for it.