Officer Spotlight: Genari Tactical Officer

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I did a whole write up on the flaws of the accuracy system :p

But yes, the Gen Tac officer can take ANY weapon and make it 100% accurate, even the worst weapons that have a base 40% chance to hit at median range. You can only ever get 100 to 95% chance to hit from median down to minimum range, never better, and always less than your combined accuracy + officer skills and abilities when beyond median range.

2. Sarah

Sarah New Member

So is the current accuracy system:
    TAC10 = 60%+50%weaponbaseacc =100 or 95%
    or
    TAC10 = 1.6x 50%weaponbaseacc = 80%?

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Got it changed back to the original system recently:

Now: (1+Tac/Officer Modifier) * Base Accuracy
    Previously: Officer Modifier + Base Accuracy

A couple patches ago, 60% base + 40% raw accuracy bonus (lvl 8 tac) would get you 100% accuracy, which was totally broken.

Now (and many patches ago) 40% more of the base 60% results in 84% accuracy.

Same as your 60% bonus (1.6) * 50 base = 80
    or
    50% bonus (1.5) * 60 base = 95

What might be a little confusing is how accuracy was calculated based on deviation from median range. It was possible to have 100% accuracy at or near median range (because of precision and rounding, now the display is more precise, it wasn't before) and LESS accuracy as you got closer to your target!

I went into detail about my findings on that elsewhere.

4. Sarah

Sarah New Member

5. Kahless

Kahless Member

I'm doing both sensor boost and overload now!

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sensor boost is really nice on small ships where that 1 point of precious power translates into 3.2 movement points!

Not that good on the big dogs where 1 energy is like 'lulz' and +1 to 20 scan range, "ok so what"

Bacl to my many arguments that these bonuses and boosts should all be % based and require proper investment into whatever system they benefit to get a return:

Scan boost should be +25% scan range, which would effectively allow you to see at 5 range with no power investment, being exactly the same as is, but when scanners are powered up... 20 scan range getting 25% boost = 24 scan range, a little something extra to make it worthwhile.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Overload + corvette hit and rnn = omg nightmare for anything with less than 50 hull points.

2 players can easily dish out 50 dmg in an alpha strike. Getting those 40 battle credits and staying alive will be tricky though.

Get one of the ships that has a huge 1-off attack like the 6+1 officer dmg Bengbu 5 or the 6+2 officer dmg super laser Gen AFIII corvette and then modify those numbers by +300%! Now add in the 1 range damage bonus to the Gen beam as well (this is not multiplied by overload, and the Bengbu V missile doesn't get range bonus).

28 dmg from the Sol or 33 form the Gen AF III, potentially 1-shotting a frigate and leaving. Ouch.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. Kahless

Kahless Member

After a full server as Genari, I think the TACTICAL OFFICER is the real strength behind Genari. You get 10 levels which adds up to a lot of skill, Damage Boost 2 which Sol doesn't have. And High levels of Accuracy that if you can get to level 6 or more, really makes those shots hit even at 10 range. A must for any Genari big ship.