Officer Spotlight: Genari Tactical Officer

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

One of the four Genari Officers is the Tactical Officer -- who is by far the most critical Officer in control of ship, second and only to the Captain. In many ways this officer has dual roles of weapons officer and science officer. There are 28 skills (!) available to this Officer:
    0TACTICALOFFC.jpg

The Tactical Officer has 10 levels, which mean you can pick up to a max of 10 of the 28 skills available.
    * The Tactical Officer has one super skillset -- Targeting, which at Level 10 can very heavily improve accuracy on weapons, significantly offsetting the Sol advantage of more accurate plasma based weaponry.
    The Tactical Officer levels up from Experienced -> Expert -> Master -> Veteran -> Elite --> Honored Elite (5 levels)

experience4.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Something I've been wanted to ask about all the officers, are the combat sorties cumulative?

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yes, so to upgrade your captain to expert, you need a total of 4 sorties. If you want to max out your tactical officer to the highest level 10 (Elite Level 5), it would take 1+3+5+7+10+25 = 51 sorties in total. So its not as simple as pushing XP to your officer. Hence why you should always be very selective as to what you upgrade, as the really high levels aren't as easy it seems. But if you do manage to get them there...

4. Kahless

Kahless Member

Well its obvious what officer I'm training first! All the more reason why I like Genari over Sol!

5. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

So many skills... what to pick... If I knew I could get my character to level 10 then maybe accuracy, but I think I'd dabble in a mix of skills.

6. Kuwanger

Kuwanger New Member

I don't know enough about the game yet to pick, but I do like things that multiply your damage. Overcharge would be my first upgrade.

7. Coser

Coser Active Member

If you stick to that, I'd get Lucky Shot first. Just think of the pent up rage when you use a once per battle skill to maximise your damage, and then miss! [realising you mean Overload, not Overcharge.]

8. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

Genari just seems to be cooler to play. I was thinking to start with sol, but thinking on it, it looks like for sol players its better to advance to higher tier ships while with genari its maybe better to upgrade the officers.

9. Coser

Coser Active Member

I think I would debate you on that, ShadowJudge. I'm going to be sticking with my Sol class III vessel and upgrading my officers primarily, then maybe looking to go Capital Ship Commander, Fleet Commander I just so I can bring it back as my 'sidekick' with the previously upgraded officers. I think I can wreak a lot of havoc on the Genari with what I plan.

I can see advantages for both sides to upgrade their officers first, after all, I am certainly Going to go that way with Slaughter when I first play Genari.

10. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

The sol ships at least on the lower tier seem to have a distinct edge over genari especially on the defensive. But with such low hitpoints the class 3 seem a dangerous one to upgrade. I'd rather hold and start upgrading frigates.

11. MLocke

MLocke Member

I don't see it being easy at all to get to level 10 on this character.

12. lefty

lefty Member

I think that's the point! Otherwise it would be OP

13. Coser

Coser Active Member

Don't forget, this one officer is the equivalent of 2 Sol officers.

5 Sol officers, max level 5 = 25 levels.

3 Genari officers, max level 5, + 1 Genari officer, max level 10 = 25 levels. Although it means Genari have to make more experience to get a fully upgraded grew, they do have a "Super Officer" who could be more than double the effectiveness of a Sol officer.

I believe it'll be more level than you'd think.

14. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

As I see it, accuracy is the most important thing for Genari ships in general. They seem to have more weapons/firepower overall, just lack the accuracy/range. Boost that up to at least level 6, and you can get away with strikes from greater range. I think this is especially deadly when you're using their missile weapons I saw on the missile weapon chart.

The Calamity likes this.
  15. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

I have a question, if I wanted to reach + 60% accuracy, would that take up all 10 points?

16. Coser

Coser Active Member

17. Sarah

Sarah New Member

As I see it, its best to start working on upgrading this officer over all other if you've got the xp. The character is a lot more powerful in the long run.

18. MLocke

MLocke Member

On a skill like weapon overload, it would be nice if there's an indicator on the weapon you selected to overcharge. Sometimes its hard to tell if you have it primed or not.

-It is a good idea, will be implemented -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017
  19. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I've been going straight to Damage Boost I and II for any Frigate I purchase. I can save a lot of power that way and either boost my movement or defensive.

20. Jmp2x

Jmp2x Member

Looks like accuracy skill is very effective in combat. When you have a strong ship with an arsenal of powerful weapons, if they all it, it gets really nasty.