New Member Introduction Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junpine, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Hello, I play the Infinite Black, DC Legends, Marvel Future Fight, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and a bunch more games. Looking forward to playing with all of you.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Woah, someone else who's played the Infinite Black! That game was(is, I suppose) pretty sweet.

Apex Predator likes this.
  3. Coser

Coser Active Member

That takes us two out of action for the weekend. Mass Effect: Andromeda just landed.

Apex Predator likes this.
  4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

What the... I thought ME was coming out late in Fall lol. Oh no... I want to play it... but if I do I wouldn't be working lol. Will have to hold off....

Coser and Apex Predator like this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Member

/r/patientgamers

Ormagodon, Apex Predator and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Reliant

Reliant New Member

Been lurking on this board for months, but I decided to open an account now. I'm an old school gamer who did play the tabletop Star Fleet Battles, some Battletech and Warhammer. This game is right up my alley. I prefer turn-based, and I prefer spaceship combat games over fantasy worlds. I think the idea of playing with or against 100s of other players makes this game even more enticing.

7. Aaron_Mack

Aaron_Mack New Member

I found Space Wars by watching a youtube video ages ago where the team was advertising at a con with the Bugatti (still think its awesome). I'm in CBT, and love it so far. My main games have been Civ V, Mount and Blade: Warband, WoT, War Thunder, Skyrim, KSP and the Dragon Ages. I really found the concept and lore behind this game fascinating, and I can't wait to see it prosper

8. Nod

Nod New Member

Sounds like a good concept, hope to be able to play it soon. I started with chess, heroquest, battlemasters, and silent service on nes and xcom on ps 1 on the video game side of things

9. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

My name is Zer0CoolAZ -- Or Stefano. I was introduced to the game through a local event with E-Blue, Game CoLab, and Broadcast Phoenix. Not only did I get to play first hand on the developers account (Mostly just a fun little humble brag :p), but I also got to spend a good deal of time speaking with him about the game, it's general direction, and how it came to be. By far one of the most inviting people I had spoken to the whole night. Now that is out of the way, here is the juicy details.

Games I generally play: I grew up on RTS games, and developed a love for FPS games slowly after. Some of the ones that stood out to me most had to have been the Warcraft and Starcraft games, Counter-Strike (Pre-Steam edition when it was still a Half-Life mod) to Source to Global Offensive, Garry's Mod, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Minecraft, and the list goes on.

I definitely feel like this will be one of the games that I can sink a large amount of hours into playing. The combat, turn system, uniqueness of each of the ship classes, it just seems to have so many aspects that draw me and from what it appears, a lot of other players in.

Sorry for the wall, but nice to meet everyone, and Shoutouts to Xeen (I can't remember the full name, my apologies) for not only avoiding destroying me right away, but also being really friendly and knowledgeable. Made it easier for us newbies to pick up on the combat.

10. Narfi

Narfi New Member

hey everyone.

As you can see my name is Narfi, i got to try out the game a few days ago and it seems to be alot of fun, just sad that it feels so empty due to its beta status.

Looking forward to the release to hopefully play with and against real people, untill then im afraid i dont have much motivation to grind alone against the AI when everything in this level area is probably well tested already. Especially with the release beeing so close that i probably dont reach very far anymore.

Im not sure which faction to play on release, both the SoL longer range setup aswell as the genari "in your face" approach with marines seem to be fun ways to play.

regards

Zer0CoolAZ likes this.
  11. VoodooXIII

VoodooXIII New Member

Hey there folks! I met Zer0CoolAZ and Rob at the E-Blue/Game Colab event, where I was introduced to my first gameplay experience with SpaceWars. I had originally found it perusing my routine small-time indie communities, and was excited to see it available for play at the event. After spending what felt like an eternity dodging destruction in a 1 vs 5 engagement, I swiftly found the appeal I'm sure many others have encountered so far with the title. Quick shoutout to Xeen who helped me understand some of the finer strategy pointers that went entirely over my head initially. ;)

I come from a background of mostly RTS/Sims/Turntable games, so a lot of SW's gameplay came very fluid to me- certainly assisted well by the intuitive UI and tutorial. I'm a fan of Company of Heroes 2, most Paradox titles, and dabble somewhat in obscure FPS titles such as Heroes and Generals or Day of Infamy. When I'm not feeding my hunger of historical games, I can be found exploring the several sci-fi games that exist, such as Rimworld, Eve Online, Stellaris, Endless Space, and plenty of others.

Lately I've been spending my hobby interests in learning Unity and scripting languages to start to make my own mark on the video game world. I was excited to see the accomplishments that SW had achieved, given its use of Unity for development. Certainly an inspration for my as I move further into this career path. :)

Anyway, happy to be a part of the community, and looking forward to y'all in game- wether we're flying together or shooting each other to pieces.

-Voodoo

Zer0CoolAZ likes this.
  12. TheMaster

TheMaster New Member

Hi there, i am The Master, you may call me Missy!

I've been looking for some space game to keep my intrest for way to long since EVE went weird...
    Seen so many come and go, especially go down the cashgrab road.
    I started on my Atari when i was 6 with Zak McKracken, boy it's some time since these days.
    I joined the ranks of SWG at its release and since then played through anything intreting, too many to count.

Found out about spacewars just today, two days before release, hoorray! You guys really need more advertisement as soon as it hits!

-TheMaster

13. Veryan

Veryan New Member

Howdy,

I'm J.R. and eventually I'll update my profile picture to be my dog.

I just realized today I never posted an introduction when I got an achievement for first post.

Most games I play are single player RPGs, and I miss the days of the SNES when they focused on plot instead of shiny pictures, though there are still some good ones out there.
    I also enjoy (perhaps a little obsessively) strategy games... I'm hoping this will replace games like Tribal Wars and Neptunes Pride for me (both of which I haven't played in a long time) because it doesn't require playing online 24/7 to succeed and actually requires non-reflex based skill.

The beta seems promising and I look forward to dragging my friends in ;)

14. Marik

Marik New Member

Played board/miniature games Silent Death, Renegade Legion Interceptor and Star Fleet Battles a bit, way (way way) back when :) As well as some homegrown space battle games here in the Northwest at local gaming conventions. Been a while, but looking forward to trying this out.

Played and still play computer games mainly of all types. First main computer was Commodore 64 with a cassette drive and 5 1/4 floppy -amazing how far we've come :)

Good Fortune

Marik

15. ben

ben Member

it was my first beta, looked good, and when the teams get together will be a lot of fun
    40,000k orks,, d&D,, shadowrun,,,, only war

16. Sire of Suns

Sire of Suns New Member

Got here from PoxNora. And I need to put up my standard profile pic.

17. JOHNNYMAZE

JOHNNYMAZE New Member

I played Ashen Empires years ago, World of Warcraft (Horde) for a while after that, and then Overwatch before trying out Space Wars.

18. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Hi, joined the crowd just this weekend on Sunday . Me and 3 friends looked for a game to play together and talk ;)

So Spacewar looked just fine. Damm already to many hours played