Marine pod animations

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Heinous, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Heinous

Heinous New Member

Im suggesting that the marine pod animation be speeded up considerably. In my Vic 3 if I have to move more than 15 hexes (which takes up a good chunk of time by itself) fire all my weapons and all my marines, I will have 0 seconds left to move afterwards. I have to queue up a move order after using all my weapons/marines and dont have the benefit of using rotation after movement, and if I encounter an enemy while running away I am stopped dead in my tracks. Unloading 6 marines takes about 15-20 seconds off my phase which since lowering the max turn to 50 seconds, takes out a huge chunk of my time.

Edit: Just tested it out in the map. 21 seconds to unload 6 marine pods, another 5 seconds to fire 3 missiles and a laser. Thats 26 seconds off my turn just for firing my weapons. Not to mention if I hit shields, the weapon animations take 2-3 times as long. So if I hit shields with my first couple weapons, I'm looking at 30 seconds just to unload weapons and marines. Not to mention the time it took me to get to a target. Which in some cases I have 0 seconds left on turn before I'm even done unloading my marines.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. ccX

ccX New Member

Pods should be like a weapon, charge it from 1-6 and drop a single pod with the number of marines selected.

Heinous likes this.