General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Meritus

Meritus New Member

So choosing the Fleet Commander skill tree would limit you to more ships, but not the larger ships? Which ships would you not be able to command?
    In not choosing the Fleet Commander option, how would you go into battle without a hospital ship, supply ship or troop ship?

Looking forward to the game.
    Regards

Apex Predator likes this.
  2. dxr250

dxr250 New Member

I am pretty sure that to find all that out down the road will be fun too ;-)

Meritus i am done with horses if you knnow what i mean lol

Warm regards to all

3. Prom

Prom New Member

we plan to come in with a few friends and would like to play together as a clan.would this be a problem? and can a clan be multi factional? would we all have to sign in at the same time?

4. The Highlander

The Highlander New Member

futher to the question posed by Prom could our clan compose of different races firstly they say we start with 2 factions Sol and Genari could our clan therefore be comprised of both sol and Genari .?

5. GrimReaper

GrimReaper New Member

Hi everyone,

What time frame are we looking at till the other two races come into play?

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

To Meritus: I will be posting skill trees and such like the system spotlights in the shipyard.
    But as for your Captain skills, there are three kinds in the realm of acquiring ships:

Warship Commander - Unlock Destroyer, Light Cruiser for purchase (Available at 1 Star Captain Rank) Recommended to be purchased early to get stronger, more durable warships & break past the frigate cap.

Capital Ship Commander - Unlock Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser for purchase (Available at 2 Star Captain Rank) The mainstay of any battle fleet, will most commonly be seen as the foundation of any assault force. Fleet Commander II Skill is disabled.

Battleship Commander - Unlock Battleship, Dreadnought for purchase (Available at 4 Star Captain Rank) For players who want to control the strongest of warships, that can usually take on enemy fleets themselves. Fleet Commander I & II Skills are disabled.

Fleet Commander I* - Player can command one additional ship in battle (Available at 2 Star Captain Rank, Max strength of second ship is the Heavy Cruiser Class) For players who want the tactical advantage of two ships under their command. Battleship Commander Skill is disabled.

Fleet Commander II* - Player can command a third ship in battle (Available at 4 Star Captain Rank, Max strength of third ship is the Cruiser Class) For players who want the tactical advantage of three ships under their command. Capital Ship & Battleship Commander Skills are disabled.

Support Ship I* - Can add 1 Support Ship Class (Can stack with Fleet Commander Skill) Choose this option when you want a repair tender or hospital ship as part of your fleet, to fix your & your allies ships in battle. (Genari -- also add Troop ship)

Support Ship II* - Can add a second Support Ship Class (Can stack with Fleet Commander Skill) Choose this option when you want a repair tender or hospital ship as part of your fleet, to fix your & your allies ships in battle. (Genari -- also add Troop ship)

*Multiple ship command -- total cannot exceed max XP level of current player command rank.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

To Prom/Highlander: A clan is specifically for one race, but you can have friendslists with opposing races. Clans (Called Wolfpacks in Sol, Hunter-Killer Squadrons in Genari) are race-specific. But you don't have to sign in at the same time, you can go with just one clan member, or up to max of 10. There's Captain Skills that are specific for clans as well.

To Grimreaper: The other two races will be AI controlled (you'll be able to fight them at the borders) but not human controlled for a while. First we have to get off the ground with the beta and the first two races, see if I can actually get some return on the $1 mil I've spent on the game so far (I'd be happy if I just broke even) and if the game is successful, then more resources aka $$ can be put into Ma'Alaketh, then the very complicated Hive. Aaahh, the way the four races are balanced, it would be lovely to see all of them in action at once. I can only dream...

Apex Predator and wolf like this.
  8. Meritus

Meritus New Member

Vesuvius,
    Thank you so much for answering my questions. I hope I can help you do more than break even:)
    With the "Wolfpack" I have in mind...well...we will let time play that scenario out:) We are so looking forward to the release.

9. Meritus

Meritus New Member

Question: When you log off the game..where do you put your ship...and more importantly..is it immune from attacks?

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

If you log off (or rage quit etc...) while in the middle of a battle, your ship is taken over by AI. The idea is to have two options: Fighting AI to take over and continue the battle, but more likely a default AI that sends you out of the region as soon as possible. If you log out anywhere else where its safe, you just respawn at your home shipyard.

11. Meritus

Meritus New Member

Thank you Vesuvius.

12. Hexxx

Hexxx Member

So when is the game getting released? I can't seem to get the info anywhere.

13. Markoth

Markoth Member

14. Tchey

Tchey New Member

Hello,

- The game will be released on same day for every supported OS (Linux, Mac, Windows) ? Beta too ?
    - When you communicate (news, video, Kickstarter...), can you avoid using "PC" for "Windows" please ? My PC is running Linux and my inside pingoo feels bully-ed.

15. Vesuvius_SWIE

Hi Tchey, the plan is that when it does release on early access beta on steam, it will be available for all three platforms.
    As for the removing that PC/windows option on the news feeds, it would essentially kill the point of the news if I did that lol!

16. DagdaofSkye

DagdaofSkye New Member

Sorry if this has been asked already, but long day at work and just found this....

Is this a revamp of the old ISW game that was internet based back around 2008ish? If so heck yea I am in! I was very very active on that game!

darklord48 likes this.
  17. Vesuvius_SWIE

I actually had to look up what that was -- from the battletech universe? No, maybe some concepts overlap, but I've never played that game before.

18. DagdaofSkye

DagdaofSkye New Member

Looks to be pretty similar so definitely wanting to get in on this one. That game going off was a huge dissapointment so this looks like something I can totally get into.

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

I wonder if it simply wasn't financially viable for them to continue running that game. Its a tough business, and niche games are hard to keep afloat.

20. Tchey

Tchey New Member

Great news !

What do you mean, kill the point ? Simply instead of "PC / Linux / Mac", say "Windows / Linux / Mac".

My opinion I think niche games is what we lack these days, most people try too much to please everyone, and at the end only few games are remembered. A good humble and still audacious niche game well done should be able to stay alive, feeding its niche, and being fed by it. I think the goal is not to target 100 000 "consumers", but 1000 "players".