General Q&A? Ask here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Nahia

Nahia New Member

Hi all,
    Yesterday, as a good noob, I set foot into an enemy hex with defensive structures. I had to get out fast, but I tried a shot or two at a nearby platform. My Leningrad couldn’t get past the shields, and I noticed defensive AI ships were incoming. It raised a few questions:

Is the shielding of these station too high for some ships (C5) and if so what ship class should be able to down them? Secondly, is it possible to hide and defeat incoming defensive ships until the sector becomes yours? If so what become of the structures? Would you still need to get them down? Would they be “captured” and act as structures for your faction?
    (Sorry for those noobish questions)
    Thx in advance

2. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Hi Nahia,
    first of all it depends on the station tier; same as with ships.
    Except the tierV stations most stations cant be killed by one ship alone cause of their shielding and repair rate.
    Usually taking down stations starts with t6 ships. It can be done with lower tier ships but usually pass/turn tactic and a close by hiding place is needed then as well as one wingman at least.
    U sure can hide but a sector cant be captured as long as there is an enemy structure inside, be it mines or stations.
    So far structures cant be captured though many valiant marines have died trying :)

Normally u get 3-4 Players with tenders and ai support to take down stations. Stations shoot at all targets in sight so having more ships along usually allows the damage to spread out and thereby stay manageable with shields/repair.

Cheers Baal

Nahia likes this.
  3. Nahia

Nahia New Member

Thx Baalrog