Genari Ships

Discussion in 'The Shipyard & Guides' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Junpine

Junpine New Member

It might be off topic for most people here, but I do get more of a window into the Genari society just from the lore in each of these ship pages.

2. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I think if I ever get that far, sure a devastator cruiser would be great. What about the firestorm cruiser? (I'd like to compare/contrast)

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I've been working on more ship cards, sounds good, I'll post the Firestorm Variants:
    The base version, TYPE I
    TYPE II (A more defensive variant)
    TYPE III (A more maneuverable variant)

firestorm.jpg
    firestorm2.jpg
    firestorm3.jpg

4. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

ooh that green one looks gothic. The firestorm seems superior to the devastator.

5. MLocke

MLocke Member

The bigger ships don't seem to have that much more marines than the smaller ones.

6. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I can see people who get ranked up enough to get a cruiser going for the Devastator, because its cheaper (especially the 7k type), and only some holding off for the more powerful versions. The margin from light cruiser to cruiser seems pretty high in XP.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

True, the bigger ships are limited still in pods, so they can't just overwhelm an opponent with them. On to the next tier of ships, the Heavy Cruisers and that aren't listed on the shipyard yet.
    The Great Wing and the Starfire, both which are essentially Battleships if it wasn't for the Nova. The Great Wing is more about beam weapons, while the Starfire is more about missile weapons.
    -Great Wing Type II enhances the engine and the scanners.
    -Starfire Type II enhances weapons range
    -Starfire Type III dramatically improves power output/maneuverablity

greatwing.jpg
    greatwing2.jpg
    starfire.jpg
    starfire2.jpg
    starfire3.jpg

8. Kahless

Kahless Member

I REALLY like the Starfire!!!! That thing looks incredible. From the front, it reminds me a bit of the Scimitar Romulan ship in Star Trek Nemesis.

9. Kahless

Kahless Member

10. Makevelian

Makevelian New Member

Nice, now we get to see more of the sheer variety of ships that was touted in the previews. Ships are my thing. When is it going to be updated in the shipyard?

11. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

There's definitely less of a divide between the Experience required for the Cruisers and Heavy Cruisers. In some cases, only 1500 Experience. So I think some of the Cruisers might get passed over for the Heavy Cruisers.

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Indeed its all up on shipyard now.
    The Cruisers/Heavy Cruisers for Genari are pretty close in stats, but Heavy Cruisers will be harder to get not just because of XP but of production runs.

Here's some Light Cruisers -- which are essentially tougher Destroyers.
    guardian.jpg
    guardian2.jpg
    guardian3.jpg
    victory.jpg
    victory2.jpg
    victory3.jpg

Attached Files:

13. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

The guardian looks so... alien.

14. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

Started calculating some stuff...
    Genari ship XP required ranges
    Corvettes approx. 200-400
    Frigates 750-1500
    Destroyers 1800-3500
    Light Cruisers 3700-5200
    Cruisers 6200-9800
    Heavy Cruisers 11000-13500
    Battleships 18900-21000
    Drednought 30000

Nickman77 likes this.
  15. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

According to Lesiak above, the XP ranges of everything is pretty well spread out by class. If you play regularly, I wonder how long it would take to get to the mid-range ships. A week? A month? A whole season? Seems like everything Light Cruiser and above are durable and could play a big role through to the end.

16. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I'd compare the starting ships (corvettes) like the tier 1 creatures in Heroes of Might and Magic, with the battleships and dreadnoughts being the dragons & titans of Heroes.
    Starfire III = Green Dragon lol

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Some Genari NPC Ships:
    NPC.jpg

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. MLocke

MLocke Member

Can you define the images above? Its hard to read the text under them.

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

1 - Civilian Freighter
    2- Civilian Shuttle/Transport
    3- Police/Security Ship
    4- VIP Shuttle
    5- Civilian Repair Tender
    6- Large Freighter (can be as large as class V)

20. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

I can see myself getting to the Light Cruiser stage, and not exceeding that Captain's skill that would allow me to get it (the warship commander one).