For the whiny babies that cannot comprehend being outplayed to such a degree:

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Xeen Dread, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Stats.jpg

I threw away 2 corvettes for the luls. Suno you were there for one of them (was busy talking in chat, you raged out about delay of game before a required restart cuz of a major exploit, I did some damage and ditched in rads). One T4 (FH II #1, I still have #2) I lost on what I knew was a raw fight but went to help anyway and got caught up trying to tell Infested what a dumb play he made going against my advice and getting himself killed instead of going WEST (too hard to comprehend? He went south into the middle of all the enemy reaches), so instead of 4 shield points I had 2 extra movement and died by 1hp before warping out. That's on me for not giving the battle my full attention. Every point matters.

The important part from above is that I only lost maybe 2000 xp at most from thrown ships and the T4 + officers.

Suno:

Delete your account? You are lucky chat went by so fast and I didn't screenshot that!

I'm sure some people will remember though.

Infested:

You were beat multiple times by me, including your latest C5 loss, ENTIRELY LEGIT. I may not have scored the killing blow, but you still have to accept that it was my strike force and power that got you/enabled the kill through raw damage, disabling engines, and pinpointing your location for everyone (I forget the exact scenario, think I had 2 teammates).

Funny how you switched sides after raging out about your T4 loss and trying to blame it on me. Accept responsibility. I lost mine, got another one, went back to work.

I know you think you are the shit from the first round, but guess what: I got to play MAYBE 25% of the time I was prepared to play as a result of some still unknown bug that prevented me from connecting to the login server at any random time of the day, which had gotten progressively worse from the 2nd week of closed beta until the end of the 1st live week AND Gen was OP as F. Sol is currently too strong, but I'm still fighting back and holding my ground with superior ability and endurance. Very unfortunate that teamwork and communication on Gen (and players for that matter) are rare.

And at 25% playtime after that hell week of connection issues, I was prepared to buy a C7 M3 and wreck all of Genari despite OP-ness. At that level, you could no longer spike a ship with Rally Corvettes.

I liked you Sol guys, I really did (those of you in chat spouting of hackusations and running a smear campaign). But now this shit? I saw you spouting crap in OT chat for over an hour and just couldn't let it fly anymore because people will eventually believe a group of idiots all saying the same thing even if it isn't true. Funny thing is I thought you were talking about someone else at first because none of it matched up with me. I don't use marines all that much and have ZEROOOOOOO upgrades for them on captain OR officers as of yet.

Let it be known that I started Sol and much prefer Sol (always have), but was asked to play Genari in an *attempt* to balance out the teams. I am one guy (with some help here and there from various players and times, yes, but as much as they help, they also hinder in various ways, intentional or not) who is Sol's main opposition. Just about to get V in a Vic III, btw, gonna be legit dangerous for the first time ever with 2 of us. Grin (only other C6, shitty Guardian III) refuses to get Rally or Stress Engines, and quite frankly, I regret getting him to finally come talk to me in Discord.

You give me shit and aggression, I'll give it right back and enjoy killing you so very much as I put the screws to you. This is not my first rodeo.

The Earth was flat at one time in history. Everyone hates the great. Back off, it's legit.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    cinnamon likes this.
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Those 54 T6 kills. You are looking at ~30000 XP

You can add up the rest yourself.

fox likes this.
  3. Suno

Suno Member

Those Stats look Legit, I stand corrected. Sorry for accusing you in off-topic.

EDIT: I Have been up far too long, I will keep Off-topic more positive in the future.

fox likes this.
  4. infested

infested Member

I wanted to play sol and started an account with them.

Vesuvious asked me the next day to "help the genari" because they were low in numbers and he wanted "the best genari player in game" (his exact words) on their side.

The reason i came back to sol as intended in the first place was the player named "warruk" spend an entire day flaming me for doing a play he didn't approve. So i thought why play in the same faction with a toxic player and do the same boring grind as before...instead of testing a new faction for me. It had nothing to do with you.

Oh and today i went out with a fresh c5 and no darkmater because while i asked for help to get the first officer point no one responded to help me for atleast an hour. You see there are very few people left in the game due to the slow round issues at start and now the exp balance problems. So i would either go out alone or quit playing the game alltogether... and i decided the first.

The fact that you exploited the 15k free pve loophole (1200xp/hour) so you made in 10 hours what other make in 30 enabled you to get the victory 3 first and snowballed. You did not do anything skillful. If fact if i didn't waste time changing factions to please vesuvious and if i used the same loophole as you did we would be in the same exp and you would have an almost equal c6 to oppose you.

You see the design of the game is what creates such imbalanced effects. Thats why i supported the reset of the server when i was top player and thats why i started a thread to fix the imbalance issues for new and old players.

Anyway i have no problem with you even thought you exploited 2 loopholes. I am not one of those people that just hate you because you play better. I dont care as long as the game is rebalanced again. You see other players too exploited the pve it wasnt just you. I clearly remember many people instantly getting 10k+ exp at the first days with that pve loophole you just used it better to snowball because you played more hours and know what to do while having the early genari advantage.

And this is why the game needs a new exp system to prevent such snowball and inequality issues.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Apology accepted, but I'm still gonna tease you about deleting the account :p

cinnamon, Suno and fox like this.
  6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Who is warruk? vaguely recall seeing that name, not any particular skill there. If he's anything like Sag or Grin, then I guess I get it.

Advice if you must solo: Use a ship that is capable of surviving/escaping to capture a zone down to its last few points and then sub-in your desired ship for the officer credit.

I didn't exploit any loopholes and I resent remarks like that.

Didn't do private missions, I don't even have the 2nd achievement unlocked.

Don't do sim and dont have Honorable Death.

Saying things like that will assuredly make me despise you and want to pour salt in wounds. What's worse is you have other people joining in and believing it 2nd hand and beyond. You can call me an asshole, an elitist, an arrogant bastard, all those things are true, at least at times. But I'm no cheat.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Timed myself recording a video, 2 kills in 7 minutes with a LOT of wasted time in there. ~1300 XP. This is also from a fresh start too, all inclusive, not just the juicy part once I'm rolling.

Estimated 15-21 minutes to do 3 sets and capture a 30 CP zone for bonus.

x 9 sets an hour, 10000/hr if I wanted to push it.

Note: Not all C6 are same value, ranges from 400 for the cheap ones to 750 for the good ones, generally averaging around 600-650/kill, damage and last hit included.

Why haven't I been posting these numbers?

I get interrupted intentionally/unintentionally by allies.
    I get attacked or intentionally delayed by enemies.
    I go do free caps or kill attempts or assists for other Gen members.
    If I earn too people will qq (oops).

fox likes this.
  8. revinance

revinance Moderator Staff Member

I think most players couldn't figure out how you possibly did that. When the method got told, people had a hard time replicating it on sol side because like you said on discord, Genari ships are lower value. My thoughts were that you found a way to gain xp fast but i would have thought it would be something else then the tier 6 farm that was mentioned. Reason being that in my exp you get interrupted instantly. Don't have a t6 myself so i couldn't test it either.

9. Dalwin

Dalwin Member

... another fine example of the humbleness that is the demi-god Xeen.

It is ironic, however, that missions which were equally available for both sides were cut back to stopping at 3-star captain because a handful managed to get 9k exp in 6 hours. The Xeen method of solo farming at T8 produces 2k exp in about 5 minutes. He will get a T10 in another 2 days by taking advantage of a method that would not be viable if the server population were not so low. It requires that he be allowed to solo at the front. If any ship from either side enters his sector his exp drops off to only a tiny fraction of optimum.

This does not test the balance of the game system in any realistic member. It does show what can be accomplished by a determined player in an extremely low population situation, nothing more. It is not even a matter of skill per se other than spotting a weak spot in the current model and capitalizing on it.

fox likes this.
  10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Anyway, there's a super simple solution I can apply without any programmer interference, simply remove all T6+ from spawning, except in the homeworld regions.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Rev, sucks that I had to tell anything in the first place. Told you and V, heck everyone... about the Gen/Sol roundabout implications of XP value and cost to purchase ships per faction. Some tiers, its pretty even, other tiers (8 and 4 come to mind), my C8 ship costs 55k and Sol costs like 85k (but is WAYYYYY more powerful, Gen ships suck at this range, especially for speed, compared to new Sol ships).

Dalwin. Done with you man. Dunno what crawled up your ass, but bye and you're welcome for everything I taught you. Go ahead and pretend you've got secrets, tactics, and things I don't know about like your spies and plans to have someone attempt to stall me all the time wherever I go.

V, I'll hunt C5 and/or players then. Nothing will change. I will still earn more XP than anyone else with whatever method is available simply because I do it more, better, and most importantly FASTER than anyone else. When I talked to Suno about all of this, he said it takes him 20 seconds to do his turn. My LONGEST turn including movements is about 10 seconds. Once set, I do my turns in 4 seconds flat, waiting longer on animations than it takes me to issue commands (just barely now, quite nice actually).

So his earning 1200/hr multiplied by 5x faster = ~6000/hr range, modified by Gen/Sol cost factor... Now everyone can get an idea of how I do/did it.

V. I pose to you that whole argument of buying the cheap Oslo so that you could get into the frigate class and fight those opponents: The Gen ships are cheap, grossly less effective at some classes (even more so now), and you are nullifying part of the Gen faction's advantage of cheap ships and the faction's overall method + any hope of winning the late game by cutting off XP. You've said it yourself, Gen's game is the early game, and ALL of this (cheap, but in some cases, much weaker ships) factors into how Gen plays as a whole. Sol will absolutely win this game (assuming even player activity, which they have or had 2-4x, might be stabilizing) once they reach the same tiers. Sol are late gamers, and I've always known this and preferred the faction. Heck, I was looking forward to getting a C7 in the first week and overpowering Gen... The big trouble with the previous balance was that Gen had sooooo much advantage early on, it required Sol to get a C7 to become safe from all the Gen perks and not everyone was capable of grinding up a C3 officer crew and the necessary 37000 XP to jump C3 -> 7.

12. Suno

Suno Member

I just want to add to all of this, I have spent most my time today farming t6 ai's. Whenever someone joins it makes me leave ASAP because it just kills my grind efficiency. Having to approach the game with this mentality to make any kind of good net gain to keep up with Alamar is not healthy imo. Since it dosn't promote Team-work or PvP at all and theres virtually no other way for me to stay competitive. I think some aspect of this needs to change. All this does is want to make the higher tiers isolate themselves until they are ready to shit all over everything and leaves the new players without any assistance. As a veteran player Xeen I hope you mentioned this earlier on because it's not good for the game at all.

I could never reasonably make more exp then I did today without solo killing AI's. It's too much of consistent stream of exp that doesn't promote actual PvP gameplay at all.

It's time to stop thinking about what's best for ourselves. And more towards the prosperity and long term longevity for the game not just balanced around people who have 20 hours a day to play as well.
    I'am certainly guilty of this trying to work on my mentality.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Korsun and infested like this.
  13. infested

infested Member

When i was going around one shotting class 4-5s because of the snowball mechanics it was fun for me. But it was bad for the game. So i was one of the first few that supported a server reset even though i had spend tons of time grinding.

Right now we have an even worse situation than the one before the server reset. We have people that gained 10k exp in 7 hours from pve and on top of that other loopholes and created a massive imbalance in the game. Meanwhile the population now is around 50 people per day from 180 at the game launch. The new players are left so much behind within a few days that there is no point in even playing.

Imo right now we need:

1. A server reset or redistribution of exp to the population to close the inequality issues that happened.
    2. A new redesigned balanced exp system that minimizes boring grind and rewards exp based on pvp risk taken and allows new and old players to catch up after taking breaks off or losing their ships.
    3. A daily cap of exp gained to protect us from the loophole exploiters and the oppressive 16 hours per day no lifers. I was one of them for a few days and i stopped on purpose. Exe was too and that was so unhealthy that he completely quit the game.
    Until then i am definitely taking a break from the game since there is no point in playing under these conditions. If nothing changes i will just come back after the end of the season and give it another shot when the server will be clean because i still love the game and believe that it has world class potential.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    fox and Suno like this.
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

On my phone here so forgive me for a very brief reply with limited explanation.

Suffice it to say that the combination of slow combat slow players inability to operate within a zone in a restricted manner forced xp share xp penalties per class level and a number of other factors all contribute to the need/desirability of soloing vs group play. ( within context of personal progression to then be able to work on faction progression/win the war)

For example, I earn no xp vs c4 maybe even 5s when using a c8 so I can't group with anyone because the average level defender in addition to all elements above means no progress. Meanwhile, free corvettes can be thrown at me all day for minimal gains to the c3 while I get nothing.

There's a lot of game systems involved in all of this.

cinnamon likes this.
  15. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

If we have to reset server everytime there is an imbalance no server will reach 10 days of life. Also putting limitations on a game is just a way to show that there is bad design. In addition those limitations will only push the hardcore players to not play.
    Honestly why play a lot if in the end everyone will catch you especially if there is a cap?
    Also people which put a lot of hour in the game should be rewarded, it is basic investment/reward someone who invest "16 hours no life" in the game should achieve more things that someone putting less

If the problem is solo XP --> put a reduction of XP/HP/LP given for players in PVP zones and fighting only AI or a reduction depending of the XP of the player (the higher level you are the less reward you get from AI)
    If you want to encourage team work --> Bonus XP/HP/LP when there is more than x players on the map
    For players starting a server later --> Bonus XP/LP/HP until you reach the average XP of players of the server

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Korsun likes this.
  16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I agree with your opener. We do need to see a server through to the end and THEN make changes for a new server, no changing things (game balance, implementing new features/bug fixing is fine) during the life of that server and investment (hours) modified by quality (ability) should always produce greater reward than a lesser combination of the two.

Almost all zones are PvP zones and will undoubtedly (unless player defenders show up very quickly) have AI response. Exception being deep-territory pirate missions.

I think the real issue is the list I gave and your second point, making teamwork more lucrative.

Earning 2-5x XP until reaching 'average' isn't too bad of a thing, something along those lines anyway. As long as they actually have to put in some effort to earn it. See issues above concerning multiple free accounts.

PS - I have a life for those it may concern (not necessarily a response to you beer), it just so happens to be Christmas Holidays (4 day weekend, getting another for New Years, brace yourselves). Christmas was spent with family. Friday-Sunday, I logged over 48 hours in about 56. Other people said they were doing the same, but I'm not so sure they really knew how much I put in :p So if you expand those 48 hours into a typical person's schedule of 3 hours a day... I compressed about 16 days worth of playtime into a little over two right after server start, which there is a sort of 'leading the pack' bonus and value to time right after fresh start/keeping up with the Joneses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.