Faction Spotlight: Sol Imperial Worlds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I've been playing on and off for several months now. The Sol ships are definitely better on the defensive. I wouldn't go as far as say they're superior to Genari (though I haven't played anything stronger than destroyer and light cruiser class) but I like choosing the variants that have those advanced shields (at least 12+ power, 2x) and using their plasma beam weapons for that better accuracy rating.

2. MLocke

MLocke Member

From the new overhaul of the ships, Sol has lost some of its edge, at least on the starter ships. They seem so much more fragile than the Genari (corvettes, frigates).

3. Nickman77

Nickman77 Member

I disagree, most Genari starter ships don't even have shields, and ships like the Bengbu had their armor boosted. Sol also has a better selection of frigates to choose from.

4. MLocke

MLocke Member

It is interesting to see that more than 60% of the players are choosing Sol Imperial Worlds over Genari United Empire to start a character. I wonder if its that Sol is familiar territory, or something else.

5. CpZen

CpZen Member

Well I've always enjoyed sol, not just because of their shields but they have plasma beams which makes everything more convenient when going for accuracy. Lasers are just too short range and missing ruins it.

6. MLocke

MLocke Member

Well Sol won this server (Europa I) biggly. Someone should post the map to show how much terrain they conquered.