"Don't repair" button bug

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by JBHemlock, Mar 22, 2018.

1. JBHemlock

JBHemlock New Member

This seems to be a very sporadic bug. Sometimes when I have more repair points than damage, I'll repair everything and then have to click the "skip repair" button that appears where the "end turn" button usually is, but sometimes I don't.

The problem is sometimes I'll be rushing through my allocation and go to click "skip repair", and it will disappear on its own right before I click. Which means, of course, that I've just clicked "end turn" without having had a chance to actually allocate.

I'm not sure what causes it to happen on any given turn. It seems to happen only when I've got multiple types of damage (hull + crew, for instance), but I haven't seen it enough to really tell.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. ben

ben Member

what i have read here, is not a bug. Its something the player has to be careful with.

sometimes i am rushing and don't realise that its the end of my turn and i am the last player, i hit what was end turn, but has become skip repair, and then move into the rest of allocation.

pilots in spacewars need to be careful with what they do.

REPAIRS need to be done before ANY allocation. If you allocate then try to repair, you will miss the allocation.

The mechanic is arranged such because, in later battles when desperate decisions need to be made about what to repair, the CHOICE to NOT to repair is also there for an advanced tactical reason.

3. JBHemlock

JBHemlock New Member

It would be fine if the behavior was consistent. Sometimes the skip repair button remains if you repair everything but have repair points left. Sometimes it hangs around for a second and then disappears. It's the latter behavior which is a problem. It looks like you're about to hit "skip repair", but the button changes right when you click.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

There is one bug for sure -- that is when you're repaired all, but have repair points left -- and the last repairs were crew casualties. It will have the skip repairs button still there, which just click and go on about allocation round.