credit purchases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by obnosis, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

Having ships availble with credits and having some perks or officer skills would be pay 2 win

2. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Well i disagree - it just gives u the opportunity to exchange farming time for money. Since people have different time resources to invest, it gives them more possibilities.

3. JBHemlock

JBHemlock New Member

As well as supporting the developer. That's a biggie. This is a business, after all.

But seriously, if you think this is pay to win, you need to go check out the freemium mobile game space. Having to pay to be able to play for more than a few minutes a day is a common thing. Imagine if you were allowed to fight one ship per day unless you paid extra. That would be pay to win. This? It's like Baalrog says. It's just offering an opportunity for people to trade farming time for money.

4. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

A game can only be 'pay to win' if paying gives you a gameplay advantage that 'free to play' players cannot achieve.

Trading money for time does not make someone better at a game than someone who puts time in to get the same thing.

In my opinion it usually makes them less experienced and so generally not as good.

Anyone ever heard the phrase ' All the gear , no idea!'

JBHemlock and dbK like this.
  5. Poxnorawasbetter

Poxnorawasbetter New Member

ok, just started play this game earlier this week. after a couple of days i decided i liked it and wanted to get a better ship. SO i added $25 dollars to my steam account, and then bought some credits, and then unlocked the victory type 2 and the little change i had left unlock the star worrior type 4 (i prefer fission warheads). then as i am playing someone sayd that "it is too bad the server is ending soon" and i asked what that ment. they tell me, after some discussion, that everything i just busted my a** for and even paid real world money to enjoy is about to go up in smoke inside of a few days. am i understanding this correctly or did i miss something? i spent hundreds (yes, literally hundreds) in poxnora and got to keep everything, so i assumed this game, being desert owl games, would be the same. was i wrong? did i really just chuck my cash in the trash?!?!?!

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

This game is in beta, so when you unknowingly do such a thing its easy enough to give you credit -- so you'll notice that all the credits you purchased have been re-added to your account, saved for the next server. Also keep in mind that legacy awards gained from a server ending gives you bonus credits; up to 4000 if you achieve them all.

7. Poxnorawasbetter

Poxnorawasbetter New Member

Oh! thank Xulos! Thank you very much for understanding. I am sorry I got a bit gruff in my post, but at the time i was, well, frustrated....lol. I will be more careful and research the game a LOT more before I do something so permanent again.

While we are on the subject of credits, do they just carry over to the next server, or do they stay on your account until used even through multiple servers.

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it carries over to other servers, the credits stay in your account indefinitely, until used. Some people like to hoard credits...

9. Blingon

Blingon Member

having a build ready before you spend credit/points on anything will save you a lot of grief. but too bad the only way to have a build ready is to understand the game mechanics and know what a ships does. both of which can be difficult for new players to grasp.

There are a lot of cases in which ships and its variants only differ in appearance. a good example of this would be the devastator and devastator 2 cruiser. both are ships designed around flexibility and mostly mid range combat. the only reason you would pay for dev 2 is the the swag skull painted on the ship.

10. WarlockGamer

WarlockGamer New Member

you is right