*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coser

Coser Active Member

Was still having the error on passing or ending a turn last night UK time. Couple of times I had to keep other players waiting as I could not pass or end turn early,

General thoughts are that it will be an amazing game once on general release, but will be hard on players late to the battle. I am finding it extremely hard getting together with people, and can't catch up to the rest on my own. as every time I get a better ship, I lose out by a lot when I lose it. There ought to be more LP, though not necessarily XP, for doing missions. That way, people who find themselves behind for any reason can still catch up with the main state of the game. Playing now, I feel stuck at a bare bones L3 and can't even upgrade my medic with the escape pod skill? Would not be so bad if I got the LP for the ship back if I could save the officers. Instead, it's going to take an eternity to get back up to the L4 I had once and really loved so that I have a chance to play evenly among the rest of you. [/soapbox]

-A few things:
    *This group you're in are the early early early beta (maybe call it alpha testers), so there is so much things to be changed. One thing for sure, yes, you're going to get more LP out of pirate missions. Also you Coser, like me, are on the Sol side, and the Genari players have been online more and more aggressive so they've given us a beating. When there's 100+ players on each side for the real game, and there's 20-30 or so invasion points on the border, one can be a lot more selective about where they fight.
    *Every so often, there is an 'XP boost' for all testers who have been active the previous week, so expect 1500XP coming in shortly, so eventually we can see players go up to Class VII Cruiser eventually. -Vesuvius

Yes this will be less of a problem with more players, but with less than 50 - I expect - and the aim is to try out as much of the game as possible so we can minimise the problems once it has gone 'live' I expected to be able to move along the game a little quicker than post release. Maybe chuck in full LP refund. I know it'll allow people to play a more 'gung-ho' style, but there would be a quicker journey through the gameplay and that may find more bugs in the long run.

Question, are you thinking of having a server re-set before the beta is up? would give a perfect chance for the testers to try the opposite side to the one they first picked, allowing the people that have helped you to decide which is the better play style for them.

-Actually, there is going to be multiple server resets through this internal testing period, and it will also allow players to switch sides if they want to try the other race. Some major upgrades to the game will require a server reset, one possibly this mid-week. -Vesuvius

Edit:
    CpZen. I have the same feeling. Lot less problems if I'm taking on AI opponents. Pirates or AI border guards makes no difference to me, but problems appear much more frequent when tackling live players.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
    wolf likes this.
  2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

2-19-17 update:
    1500 XP & LP added to your characters (about 30 of you) -- Make sure if you're eventually aiming for a Class V Destroyer, to put a Captain skill point into Warship Commander.
    Avoid the Halifax Missile Frigate as well as the Firebolt Frigate, as the missile issue has not been resolved yet.

Yunalesca and wolf like this.
  3. Coser

Coser Active Member

Once again in battle, admittedly down to 4 hull, but got a general exception 100 error and exploded. Not too annoyed as at least I was only in a class III, but would have been really pissed if it had been in my class IV!

-This is definitely the enemy ship counterfiring at the same time, so according to the server youre 'already dead' so you can click anymore -- so make sure when you're fighting it out, avoid the weapon's arcs if you expect a counterfire, especially if you're dead at one more shot.

Also, the gift XP may be bugged. Over 2K, but not allowed to get a new skill. LP working fine though.

-I can manually add the skill point, but I want you to earn it for the Destroyer by getting to the next captain's rank hehe

4. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I've got the same problem with the skillpoint. Damn, I will probably have to wait till I reach the 8000 mark and then go straight for the Victory.

-Exit and reboot usually does the trick.

5. Coser

Coser Active Member

Thanks. Was up to 2170XP, still only had the single skill point that was given at the start. Just logged back in and it was available. No worries about me earning it, I'm getting the hang of this now. Not going for capital ships for a while. Need to make sure I have enough LP to replace my Liverpool now I have finally got back there. She's a real nice craft, definately something I am going to aim for on release.

6. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Do crew skills work?

7. Coser

Coser Active Member

I presume the passive ones do, there is nothing onscreen to show it. The active ones have been obviously working for me. Vesuvius should be able to confirm that.

Funny little thing I've picked up on. When hovering over the craft in the combat order bar at the top of the screen, the details come up for the captain of that ship. At first I thought Vesuvius had picked the same avatar as me, then I realised they all were - even the Genari captains!

Oh, Vesuvius. It was probably a mix. The counterfire got me down to 4, the explosion must have taken me out. Valuable lesson learnt.

8. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

I could never tell that they were active a few days ago. Repair wasn't enhanced, accuracy seemed the same....just felt like I was throwing away points.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I had the additional repair points working the other day.

10. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

Yeah, repair seems to work, I think evasion does too. I know that the Liverpool ship skill damage repair + also works.

11. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

So apparently you can find a hidden ship as long as it occupies a space within your movement range... that might be a pretty big LOL

-That might be a bug; though as long as you have a lock on the enemy, and they do not get out of your line of sight through an obstacle, your sensor system max range (charged or not, once you have a lock) will keep them on target. So if your sensor system has a max range of 12, it will keep track of the enemy as long as its within that 12 hex radius. That's where something like the Orchis comes in handy in a team. -Vesuvius

AGILE FLYER II DEPLOY!!!!

12. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

I am finding out where new ships spawn pretty easy with the movement space being blank.

-That is a good bug to know of. An exploit that will need to be corrected. Another 'bug' added to the list... -Vesuvius

13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I used some marines on an enemy AI-ship earlier on and actually managed to get rid of all of it's crew. Shouldn't I have taken it over then? I definitely didn't. It was even firing back in the next round.

-Support ship/taking over ships/secondary ships aren't implemented yet; but as a live player, currently what would happen is that your ship would be disabled and unusable at that point (and you'd try to repair your crew casualties asap).
    -When ship capture is implemented, the captured ship will automove to the border at 10% power and try to escape. If it does, you get 2x XP for capture. Of course, the enemy can try to destroy it before that happens. -Vesuvius

14. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

I am noticing with the Repair bug that you can take Engine damage that it won't allow you to repair.

15. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

is there some way to see how much hull is left on enmey ships? or am i missing something?

-No, its tactical thing that you don't see the enemy stats. But at some point I'll be making a vote of it if we should be able to see hull points of the enemy. Either way it brings up tactical possibilites. -Vesuvius

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

for honor Class IV Frigate plasma warhead doesnt appear in battle at all. not sure if this has been discussed yet.

-All missile weapons are bugged (though for some reason, not in Skirmish) but its the first priority thing the programmers are working on starting monday, including the counterfire issue. -Vesuvius

17. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

If there was a possibility to see that, that would be new to me.

Also, I think most genari missiles are somehow bugged. But not even showing? Didn't here of that one.

Edit: What "for honor" frigate? I only know a First Honor frigate and that one doesn't have any plasma warheads.

18. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I have been setting counterfire and I am getting an extra shot for each weapon. For example if I set counterfire on laser 1 then during combat when I fire no. 1 at an enemy and they counterfire themselves, I get another shot from laser 1. Pretty cool bug, but slightly unfair. gives me 6 shots with agile flyer 2,lol.

-Yup, that is a counterfire bug problem that is being worked on. AI gets that benefit too. -Vesuvius

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

I've noticed this as well

darklord48 likes this.
  20. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Random thing, I got distracted from my work on the computer (story boarding the Sol intro) with a sudden funnel cloud forming outside. So I recorded it:

Ok, back to my work now.

Yunalesca and SPiEkY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.