*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

LOL, now when I try to launch a missile from Little Stinger I blow up, error 100

2. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Yeah, strange stuff seems to get a lot more in the last 2 hours maybe.

I had ships suddenly appearing at another location (That was nasty. I tried to shoot at it, but got an error every time. Suddenly it disappeared and attacked me from behind.).
    Ships just exploding without anything visible happening to them. Although that could have been only graphic errors.
    And every once in a while a freeze in the mid of battle, that I could only get around with restarting the game. That seems to be a good solution in most cases.

Btw.: You may have noticed me under the name of Szurak ingame. That agile flyer III is just awesome.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Member

I was in a few battles with you and saw the same behavior.

4. Kahless

Kahless Member

Chat is working now!

5. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Apparently I got stuck waiting to Transit.....and the game didn't have the heart to tell me I had been kicked out....gah!!

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

With every new build, things will improve -- basically the game is just coming out of alpha. The biggest bugs stem out of the 'client' communicating with the 'server', and whenever there is a discrepancy, there's these bugs that pop up. Seems that the Star Warrior III and Little Stinger's missile weapons create a unique bug for the ship -- so I'm going to change their weapon loadout slightly.

When you have a gamebreaking bug, or that garbled text thing, just reboot the game -- there's no penalties or XP loss in this test mode. At least the game loads really fast.

The Chat works now, as well as 'Battle', though it is a battle royale for only 2 players lol. Its supposed to be for 8, so if you see yourself waiting in queue, its because two others are occupying it now.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

IMG_20170217_143918_078.jpg
    IMG_20170217_143925_798.jpg
    Today a whole bunch of students were playing spacewars at the university, you might have seen some increased activity. I noticed that some combat maps that were highly contested were maxing out on players -- those 30x30 maps max at 5 players per side. It was surprisingly entertaining to watch people fight it out in observer mode. I was there instructing the new players and guiding them. They met, fought, and died against quite a few forum members here.

darklord48 and wolf like this.
  8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Use the chat window btw! Especially if youre in combat with another human player.

9. TYROS

TYROS New Member

seem to be having problems just scrolling map, ie it dosent, is it supposed to?

also my ship dosent have weapons, do all ships come with weapons and hud for them?

im finding the HUD way to small in genearl tbh, especially trying to allocate shields

-If you chose the Destiny Troop support ship, it does not have weapons.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  10. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Yeah, playing against a lot of enemies and with a lot of allies yesterday was fun.
    Also, I repeatedly noticed another strange thing yesterday, that I forgot to mention, yet. More than once I saw to ships just standing in the same hex and firing at each other. Is that meant to be possible? At least from the outside it was quite difficult to see what was going on there/ who was actually in there. And as soon as one of the ships got destroyed the other one was reduced to rubble as well, since they were so close to each other.

-That is the synching issue again, where the client thinks thats an unoccupied slot but the server does not. The explosion damage of one ship destroys the other however -- I would never try to blow up a ship that close. -Vesuvius

11. Coser

Coser Active Member

Sort of happened to me the other day. One hex behind the target, destroyed it, and the explosion took me down to 4 hull. Then had the shock of the game overlaying the "You have been killed" message over the top of the one saying I had won the battle.

Don't know how I am going to get on with the full release, My starter plan doesn't seem to be going well, but once I get up to a tier IV, it gets so much easier.

-Ships like the Orchis are actually quite incredible for their hit and runs. If you do it right, you can hit a player and disappear way behind something and they won't find you. I was even doing that with the Class II puritan, never got touched.
    -Also, a lot of players (including AI) have their counterfire active -- simply avoid getting hit by their counterfire by attacking them from an arc their weapons don't bear. I watch most of you still fight head-to head. Predict an unprotected side and hit them hard, the get out of the way. Most players are going in for a punching match style combat, which is fine, but better if you're a Class V destroyer lol.

wolf likes this.
  12. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

@Coser: About your starter plan: I saw you charging alone deep into Genari territory more than once. I think I even destroyed you once or twice. You can not take on two or three agile flyers at once. So, I would advise you to flee out of combat, when you stand alone and quite outnumbered. Try to attack where your allies are also attacking instead or defend somewhere, as you will get AI-reinforcements when fighting in your own sector.

13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

I found a misspelling in the First Honor II ingame shipyard-description. It says First Brother instead of First Honor there.
    Also, at the advanced repair skill it says "+1/3/7... Repairpoint(s) per round". Only at rank III it says 5 additional repair points. That seems strange.

And a question: does the debris left over by destroyed ships despawn after some time? At this point some of the border sectors are already quite full with it.

-One of my biggest requests for the programmers has been that the debris should dissipate and clear within 24 hours, but its still another feature to be added. For now though, it does make for a rather fun 'asteroid' field like terrain.

Edit: I had some border skirmishes with the AI just now. But, I seem not to be able to capture any region. I can kill as many enemy ships as I want, but they keep coming in and the capture progress is not increasing.
    -AI kills for capture points seems to be buggy - sometimes I see it works, other times it doesn't. Its actually supposed to be no capture points against AI only human. But Human kills does work 100% of the time.
    Also, I seem to get no XP from using marines, even though I got Slaughter. Is that only working against human players?
    -That is something I've got to bring up -- the marine pods work as they should, but I'm not sure if the XP gains for killing humans is plugged in yet.

And another point: In the last battle I wasn't able to use marines at all, as I always got a general error 100 when I tried to launch them.
    -At least every time there is a general error, its getting reported to the server-side programmer, this stuff helps him figure out what the problem is. Though most of these still are synching issues where the client is reporting something other than what the server sees.

14. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup New Member

A couple of things that stood out to me yesterday:

The extremely loud noise that plays whenever a notification/new ship appears is unpleasant, and I ended up lowering my speaker volume almost all the way down, at which point I couldn't hear anything else. Is there an options menu where I can adjust volume levels?

The second point I think you already addressed above. I was using the Star Warrior ( not sure which variant) and I got a general error every time I tried to allocate power to either of my two missile weapons, which I was then unable to use in the combat round. Also couldn't get marine pods to arm from the agile flyer I was using beforehand. Guess I'll be sticking to beam weapons for now.

-I'm hoping that Fission Warhead bug specifically for the Star Warrior and Little Stinger is corrected today.

15. Coser

Coser Active Member

And the bonus LP gain does not seem to be working. I was trying to get up to a tier IV, but am now just wasting LP on tier I or II ships where as I got 350 every time I died yesterday.

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

So the programmers did update that...good. Now you will only get XP back for losing a Class III ship, to eliminate abuse of the whole Tier I & II thing.

17. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

He should have gotten a lot of reports then, as I experimented a bit more with the marines and noticed that I somehow can only use them against the pirates, but not against sol ships.

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

I've had some human player use marine pods on me yesterday, but they hit my force fields.
    Some points about marine pods:
    -You must be adjacent to the ship
    -They can be fired from any side of your ship
    -They cost 5 power to arm
    -If enemy force fields are up, they'll just blow up against the force field, and do 1 force field damage
    -Your marines are limited, so they are a one-shot deal
    -They can be counterfired upon, so drop a pod on a side where the enemy force field does not bear

19. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I think I had a good head to head with a genari player named Valkyria and they were in a agile flyer and I was mendi. We didn't have any bug that I know of and there was a second player that joined in and they eventually tag teamed me but I held them off a while.

20. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

I'm seeing best xp gains by fighting other live players. That gold color xp popups are always in the 10+ range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.