*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

So how do I deal with those opponents being Vs?

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Where are you finding Class V ships? Unless you're visiting Hive borders, you shouldn't see them.

3. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Nevermind I thought that was player ships it was reporting on the map

4. Maric

Maric New Member

Question. I died. Do I not lose the Captain I created? No Permadeath? It's not looking like I can buy another ship. So just curious. Right now playing around in skirmishes.

- Your Captain never 'dies', so you don't lose XP or skills gained with him. Only ships/officers die. You can buy another ship by going to the shipyard (select the Class II or III ships -- because you're automatically given more XP upon death for this test server). -Vesuvius

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Right now Amishjoe has racked up the most XP on the server (over 2000 XP), he's got a Frigate or two; but nobody has reached the Destroyer Class V tier yet.

6. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

I've bought about a gazillion ships by now...lol

7. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Got an invalid ship error, and it ended the rest of my combat turn...so instead of retreating I got one shotted by a III some how

8. Maric

Maric New Member

Great, thank you.

9. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

lol, a II just one shot me....I think something isn't working right. I keep looking at power of weapons and nothing should be one shotting me (maybe a full volley in one round, but not with a single weapon)

10. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Oh and the menu went to jibberish when I got sent back to start

11. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Had 11 Health....added 2 repair....ended up with 8. and then the II one shot be again.

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Having trouble with little stinger, insufficient power error even though I have plenty

13. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

error 219, doing with both little stinger versions

14. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

2 damage and I explode (No actual attack shown after enemy ship moves)

15. AFGuardian

AFGuardian New Member

Observations:
    Random explosions (of your ship)
    Repairs subtracting health
    XP not reflecting correctly (updates next time I log back in to the game)
    Officer upgrades do nothing
    HP spent on officers not correct?
    Over powered enemy attacks (or might just be random explosions II)
    Battleroyal/Skrimish loading bogs down or crashes
    Disconnecting during turn
    Turn ending premature
    Transit ships interrupt current round
    Enemy (AI) ships time out on attack phase
    Random text jibberish(corrupt)
    Not everything seems to be on the screen or is to close to the edge (when docked going through menus/shipyard/officers)
    Map is clanky auto centers on craft when trying to move, can't situate the map well during actions.
    cant hit enter to acknowledge pop ups
    can't dismiss some pop ups even when you click ok.
    Is there a way to deslect your ship without having to find a way to click off the map? Or move the map around while you are targeted? Arrow keys seem to disable while selected. Scrolling also disabled.
    Window Mode doesn't size the same as non-window mode of the same selection.
    Bought some IV ships but they don't appear in spacedock. I assume it is because I cant use them yet but would be nice to see them to know I have them.

-90% of what you have listed above is part of those 700+ bug tickets. This is why its just come out of alpha. Since there are only two programmers in this team, each one of these issues might be a day's work to fix, let alone all the features we still want to add.
    -Battleroyale is the next thing being worked on, as well as less 'confused' AI that times out the turn. - Vesuvius

Though all IV ships should be visible in your shipyard, that is something that needs fixing ASAP then. Which variants were they?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moved my ship, animation went off, then snapped back to the start point with movement spent.

edit: ship was in correct location during my next turn, but it prevented facing and such

-That is an annoying synching issue, which needs more fixing. Seems that the more ships (including AI) there is on a battle, it starts this problem. It will also create 'invalid target' errors since the server does not think you're there. So it is one of the biggest issues needing fixing, but does improve with every update. -Vesuvius
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looks like I was confusing unlocks with purchases on the IVs

Another observation I had was invalid targets or using a weapon after a ship had been dealt fatal damage was counted against you and that weapon is depleted for the round.
    Looks like after jumping into a fight, there is a good chance to get invalid targets (or targets in the wrong spot maybe.)

Transit and Allocation phase trying to go on at the same time.
    Nonwindowed on one screen minimizes when using another monitor to do something like the forums.

Transit text being cut short and not fully displaying before disappearing and moving on to the next

Combat round cut off again after firing all weapons
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can quit in the middle of a turn and save yourself

Jumping out bugged out with error, proceeded into combat rounds
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crew never changes on mouse over always max.

Sometimes it is 0/0 but the ship was a "drone" so maybe that is expected
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Issues powering down a system (weapon)
    Randomly lost 10 hp from no action
    First time seeing AI auto implode
    Transit ship location revealed before transit mode (disappears a split second after)
    Direction keys shifting the screen and moving the ship at the same time.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. Tchey

Tchey New Member

I bought my firt Class 5 ship, by exploiting the LP. Bought a 10 LP ship, get killed, won 350 LP. Repeat until i can afford a class 5 at a cost of 1000+ LP ship. I wanted to go for a class 6 but it was too boring to exploit.

-As I posted on the start of this thread, you're given 350 LP every time you die, as an easy way to boost LP and test things. This is a early internal test.

It seems the pirates scale with the player ? With a class 2-3, i only met class 1-3 pirates, most of the time, single. As soon as i went for a basic Pirate mission, i faced class 4 + class 3 together.
    If there is an auto scaling system, i really dislike it. Nah, even, hate, it. If RNG, well, RNG powa.

-The pirate thing is only to get people some basic experience, it is not the game. The game is playing with other players.

I really want an option not to auto-center camera on action. I never like when a game decides to move my view, for any reason. If something is off screen, let it be off screen.

-That will be an option in the options menu in the full game.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  17. Coser

Coser Active Member

OK, that may be something I'm going to have to try.

Seconded on the camera option. with the mouse button, I can swing my camera around to look off-screen. However, I also would want the fact that something has happened - I am in a ship with sensors, and the possibility of either someone looking out a window, or a camera catching anything visible.

18. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Got an error 100 and my ship blew up with 4 hull left when i tried shooting at an npc ship.

-That is the enemy counterfiring simultaneously against you, so you died when it fired back.

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Getting error 219 when I try to set counter fire missiles.

-That's a new bug I'm going to report now. - Vesuvius

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

** Also reminder that the Hive and Ma'Alaketh regions have some really tough ships, so if you go there, you might get one-shot killed. The goal is to fight the sol and genari

One of the issues also being worked on today is the counterfire bug -- the AI in a way has unlimited counterfire, and a players' counterfire is somewhat buggy as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.