*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Xeen: Emergency Escape now works :)

Time for you to test it out, let me destroy you lol

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

-5x more hawking the defense then!

-I liked the solo missions as a fallback for something to do in the event you were forced up against overwhelming odds and did not want to risk your ship/officers. However, I understand that it was supposed to be a limited XP benefit training exercise and cannot be something a player can do (or bot...) well into their captain ranks. Now that Escape Pods are working (supposedly) and corvette costs are down, charging in against the odds shouldn't be a problem!

-Would much prefer it if there was no action taken when contact is lost (Your camera does not follow target OR snap to yourself).

-I wasn't aware the AI director had a problem with sending reinforcements to, particularly to a cut off sector (I always slow cap those, no defenders show)

-Where's the tutorial popup that points to the CHAT box! Did I miss it?

-Detection or cloud entry through debris should stop the player along their current path directly on the near side of the debris (not a random tile beside the debris, could still waste a lot of movement points or even through you into radiation). I know this is a temporary fix to the problem. Another suggestion would be to allow players to occupy a debris tile, granting them a -10% accuracy and +10% evasion bonus. This still does not solve the rare case where a player detects a ship while moving onto/through another active enemy or friendly ship though.

-Hex grid options, yey. Please allow for changing the color, contrast, brightness, etc. in the future (on the fly) so that we can see well in diverse environments.

Escape = win. Nothing else to be said if it is working properly. All the more reason to get Rank 5 officer unlocks now.

I had stopped my 3 ships at Rank 4's (20 credits required) for lack of opportunities to gain credits. If few people are attacking and usually do not manage to claim a territory AND I am not supposed to clear mines, my options are very limited for gaining credits.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I need some respec credits :p 300 will do.

Only if you promise to restore my officers when if it doesn't work. Also, I only have Rank 4's, so some poor bastard would go down with the ship!

I have questions though. Are battle credits tracked independently per officer? What happens when they escape, are the credits for that ship or officer(s) reset to zero? Will you have to get all 40 credits again to raise a rank 4 officer to rank 5, or will you only need the remaining ~20?

(Just launched first time on my laptop, again, did not see a pop-up tip pointing to CHAT BOX!!!!)

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Oh, does the 'delete' avatar button have some kind of safeguards on it? I'd hate to accidentally press it once and POOF, all progress lost.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Player still takes 1 damage from explosion even when reactor of enemy ship is at zero.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Need to delay AI director sending NPC ships to ~3 minutes after last hostile leaves the zone.

They are still arriving during combat.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Quick patch update today:
    • Fixed an issue where the Tutorial popup describing Honor and Leadership points was not appearing.
    • Fixed a typo in the entering Hive territory tutorial warning on the Galaxy Map.
    • Fixed an issue where weapons that counter-fired a marine pod were not being correctly put on cooldown.
    • Weapon power levels will now cycle from max to unpowered and back if the user continues to click on the weapon icon during allocation.

8. MLocke

MLocke Member

With the hex grid removal, the option also to remove the disc underneath your ship would be nice (for screenshots clear of indicators around your ship).

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Klondike warp bubble extends -90 degrees from orientation of the ship, but the ship model still animates on the correct path :p

However, as I reported ages ago, the animation still doesnt show the ship catapulting forward from its current location to off-screen, but rather, shows the ship catapult from the edge of the screen behind the ship TO its current location when warping.

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Oh snap, its a FIGHT! Look at all these!
    Fight.jpg

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Had this happen to me solo before, randomly lose shield boost bonus.

Had a player in the match say they were getting an extra shield charge at one point too! But their main weapon was bugged and threw an error each round until relogging. Bugged Shields.jpg

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Figured out the bug:

When a weapon is repaired using a Tender (support or player) repair point, it does not de-allocate power (thought that was odd), and then attempting to use the weapon later in the battle ALWAYS produces an error and causes the rest of your weapons to misfire.

-Hopefully they fix it on Tuesday's update. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  13. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

Vesuvius: Can we get a larger chat on the Galaxy-map?
    It always cuts of the end of everything that is written. Btw I was the player who suddenly had 4 shield charges per arc on my mendi3 and a lot of bugged weapons.

-Yes, good news with that; the chat has been fixed on the dev server, and will appear on the Orion server on Tuesday's update. -Vesuvius

Has anyone (looking at Xeen) yet figured out how to destroy any of the weapon platforms nowadays? I remember, when you could destroy them with any t5 ship, but they are far stronger now. I would not want to get near them.
    Hmmmmm, do they Counterfire?

-They don't counterfire, and they are the last in intiative. The weapons are now omnidirectional, so they are more lethal. But also back in the day they didn't repair properly, now they do. -Vesuvius

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes, I know how to destroy them easily, but that would require several people like me in C3/C4 all working together perfectly OR something like a Baltimore/Yamato (colo is kinda meh, too slow and weak shield gen).

You will need to deal at least 60 dmg/round to begin to scratch the lesser platforms and then sustain it for.... about 30 rounds lol. Not hard to do until players and AI notice you :p

Now if you dealt 100 dmg/round, you could drop it in ~10 rounds or so.

I'm capable of delivering a sustained ~20 dmg/round from safety via hit and run, stacked turn double strikes, but that's only just enough to penetrate the shields, not nearly enough to overcome the platform's repair capability.

TANKING up close man-moded (or idiot moded if you prefer) is absolutely 100% out of the question. At 12 lasers (Variable damage, typically 5) and 4 missiles (depends on station size as well, typically 6 dmg), nothing can sustain that kind of damage output totaling ~100/round, so it's not worth trying.

Now there is one method I have in my bag of tricks that allows you to be a target at long range, but then you are not able to maneuver to shoot AND no one can be closer than you or else the AI targets them instead of you (worthless tank, GOSH!). If what I think is true about AI behavior, it always shoots nearest target. This could be useful for reducing the amount of distance ships have to travel in 'hit and run' attacks.

Again, only useful if you know exactly how the station behaves and it will not target other ships in range at random or based on certain parameters such as 'biggest threat/damage potential' 'weakest ship/hull', etc.

I could potentially build a ship focused towards shield/evasion tanking with 5 ranks of evasion (-30%), 5 ranks of power boost (+30%), 5 ranks of shield boost (+6 charges), and just be a target at range with a max damage sustain of 68/round, but it seems far more useful to simply participate in the fight with hit and run, risking nothing instead of chancing that you will evade enough shots to where not too much damage, if any, penetrates shields on average (sometimes I would get nailed for 12-20 dmg, then go 6-10 rounds in a row with shields holding to full repair @ base 2 points/round).

A player attacking uncontested with a Yamato II battelship = GG for station.

I currently have 1/6 of the XP needed to purchase one (16%, 25k out of 150k), and I can earn 5-10k a day grinding it out the hard way.... until someone decides to come 'help' me and slows things WAYYyyyyyyy down.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Are we missing a set of patch notes? Corvette purchase-cost revamp is in, don't remember seeing that note.

-Posted in the events tab in-game -Vesuvius

16. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

Probably inconsequential graphic artifact but I see a copy image of ships sometimes appear in the corner of the map.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That's a known one, and yeah, no consequence on gameplay. 99% sure you can even occupy the tile that you see the glitch on.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Patch notes are late!

*Incites mob armed with pitchforks and torches*

Trying to get you prepared for later :p

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

here u go!
    Space Wars Patch Notes 11/21/2017

General
    • The general tutorial popups will no longer appear during the tutorial simulation.
    • The combat notification for Genari marines killing a ship’s crew now correctly says Honor points.
    • The preferences section of the options menu now has a volume control.
    • The Galaxy Map will now only show details for only sectors to which players can directly travel or under their faction’s control. Otherwise, the sector details will show a question mark.
    • Tutorial popup will now appear for the first time a player attempts to enter each of the different environment types.
    • Skirmish and Battle Royale will now only show Sol and Genari Ships.
    • Fixed an issue where if a captain’s name was too long the Empire section of the Shipyard would not appear.
    • Fixed an issue where Genari captains were appearing with Sol ranks on the Spacedock.
    • Fixed an issue where the server would lockup momentarily resulting in players being booted.
    • The main game music for the server select, intro cinematics and loading screen have been replaced with the official Space Wars theme music.
    • Fixed an issue where chat text was being cut-off and not correctly wrapping when on the Galaxy Map.
    • NPC combat ships will no longer be able to use Premium Avatars as their captain portraits.
    • Fixed a bug that would allow players to exceed their limit of support ships active in the galaxy.
    • Fixed an issue where the planets on the Galaxy Map were not being shown in the correct order.
    • Fixed an issue where the client would consider counterfire as still being enabled when the weapon became unpowered resulting in an insufficient power warning.
    • The Efficient Officer Training captain skill will now reduce the cooldown time for upgrading officers by 50% instead of 75%.
    • Capture points will now be awarded if a ship is destroyed from indirect damage caused by another ship’s explosion.
    • The tutorial popup “To the Frontlines!” now also informs players about using the Zoom on the Galaxy Map.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hmm, so you can't look deep into enemy territory and plan an attack path through the small sectors? Cheeky.

Oooo Ship Database accessible now?!

Chat fix, yey.

Officer training speed reduction?! WHYYYY it was already hella hard to get the credits to begin with... Oh well. Is it really going to be half as in 11 hours? or 10 hours is fine too, just not 12! don't let it synch with the day lol. Every day at exactly 7:30 AM and PM = upgrade time with each upgrade, and you only ever get further behind (same rolling forward effect as a 24 hour timer). It will now take a minimum of 13 days to max out an officer crew, making Sol Escape that much more valuable.

What about XP from chain reactions?

Pretty good update.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.