*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

xeransa and Psycho appear to be the next victims of a lack of pointer to the chat interface.

I tried talking to them. (Hello if you read this)

2. AHrEJl

AHrEJl New Member

Does u mean smaller ship tier rank 3 can dmg any shield tier 5 rank? Its looking like boolshit :D Cuz im try do it before. 6 atacks are resisted by shield.
    1. Enemy tier 5 shield resist 3 atacks of my ai teammate tier 5 ship weapons.
    2. Next resist my 3 atacks in same direction.

Damn, its not fun. When enemy shield can resist all atacks.

P.S: when im fighting, i just not looking in chat

3. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I've had a pretty bad internet connection today, so I keep getting disconnected from the server (my bad COX CABLE provider). But it brought in an interesting situation. When I get disconnected with my troop ship support, it would leave a copy of my ship, without me losing it (only if you have it set at hold position). So when I returned with another troop ship, that one would be sitting there in defense. It was pretty cool though, for a while there were three troop ships chilling in the middle of the map, playing defensive, until too many Sol players had moved in on me, and killed them one by one.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It's not just about the number of attacks, but the quality and angle of attack.

Hitting the same side is generally good, but maybe you would have done better checking for an unshielded side.

Also, you need to have your weapons fully powered vs a higher tier ship AND move in close for maximum damage (all beam weapons get +1 damage at 1 range, some get up to +3 and out to 6 range is +1) and chance to hit, you should still get to go first since your light ship has higher movement ratio and more initiative (if you plan well).

5. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

That's point, your a class 3 ship fighting a class 5 (and the best class 5 tank, but weak on offensive instead). It takes several class 3's to take on a class 5, otherwise there'd be no point in achieving a larger ship. You can always also leave and fight another border area, if the class 5 is getting annoying. There's 50 or so sectors you can battle without having to see him.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Of course, if that C5 is a player and successfully defends the area, they will probably leave and look for more work to do.

I wouldn't bring a C5 against 3 corvettes or even one frigate without support. It's too slow and skilled players will run circles around it all day.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

V, my card is screaming at me at 1500 frames per second (mostly during load screens, also when program is minimized, usually runs around 600-800 fps in other places, which still causes the card to figuratively scream as well as literally the coils producing a sound) and heating up unnecessarily (fans get kinda noisy as well).

I tried forcing vertical synch in the Nvidia Control Panel to throttle the frame rate to 60, don't really need more, especially for this game, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. Any help?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Pazradym
    Whowlf
    BattleBuddy

3 more people that I can't talk to because they didn't notice the chat interface!

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Name plate on galaxy map gets in the way and prevents clicking sectors even when it fades.

Perhaps a highlight around the player's location would suffice and instead place player information off in the corner.

-Yeah, or more transparent perhaps -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2017
  10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

omg omg, was just in a live battle with 6 players at the same time, idc if one was in a c2 puritan and some dont talk!

11. Not Mr Flibble

Not Mr Flibble New Member

Okay, working in Wine, but I'd rather be running it natively.

Chat could do with time stamping. Local time, of course. Also, I can't say that I've noticed any indication that there's anything unread.

Also, any possibility of using YYYY-MM-DD everywhere? That way, no possible confusion over whether it's day first or month first.

-That is something that will be corrected on launch for sure -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2017
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

While we are at it, a system that records every action input throughout the course of a battle and the results so that we can replay and review it would be cool too :p

13. Not Mr Flibble

Not Mr Flibble New Member

Retaining chat log for a while after leaving a sector. That'd be helpful for situations such as when returning to a battle after losing your ship(s).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  14. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Not only that, but the XP gained log too. We used to have it on the side, but some found it annoying.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

This looks like a good idea too :p

XP log, ok put that in the replay :p

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bugged Vision.jpg
    There are problems with vision/detection again (still?)

It seems that sometimes an enemy can be within a friendly AI's vision but not displayed to the player, and we do not update the enemy's position/information because it is thought to already be shown to us?

I'm watching Paz ghost about as he attacks, another player Kiri and myself cant see him, but I found where he was with being unable to move to a specific tile.

May have something to do with the radar clouds?

Bug persisted over several rounds, left area and returned, still appears to be bugged. At least the AI ship is dead now (Gorsh), so detection should refresh.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Sounds like a bug, triggered by the Nebula effects. No matter what, you should see a ship within 4 hexes distance, even in Nebula.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Give me some good patch news... It's been a pretty rough past few days IRL ><

Turns out my water heater probably wasn't ever serviced by the original owner for 7 years and is so chock full of hard water sediments that it can't be flushed or drained, pretty sure I dealt it a death blow in my attempts. A $50 fix for a parts kit and tool is now a $250+ replace the whole heater job.

Then there's the A/C, the dog, and the yard because of the dog. Sucks having to spend almost every dollar I earn on things I don't want to spend it on!

At least games are consistently good to me :p

Edit: We can delete our own accounts to reroll faction and/or starter ships now?! wuuuut!

Why does the 'total regions captured/defended' score for a ship go up to 50 if it appears that the rank 5 upgrade requires 40 still?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Player is urged to repair during repair phase every time they are damaged. Should only inform the player once.

-If that is the case, then it definitely needs fixing. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  20. Vesuvius_SWIE

UPDATE!

General
    • It now requires 5 regions defended to get one point towards upgrading an officer.
    • Ships will be removed from solo missions upon player disconnect instead of waiting 10 minutes.
    • If an enemy ship is selected and detection is lost, the camera will now center back on the player's ship.
    • Fixed a bug where weapons could counterfire with no power allocated.
    • How information is displayed on the captain and officer bars on the left side of the space dock has been revised.
    • Mines and Beam Drones in the tutorial are now identified as Training due to some of their unique characteristics.
    • The galaxy map now has a key that displays what some of the different icons mean.
    • The AI director will now look for a shipyard with a valid path to a sector before attempting to launch reinforcement ships.
    • Players are now able to delete their character from active servers on the server select screen.
    • New tutorial popups have been added to the shipyard for helping players getting started.
    • Detecting another ship while moving through debris will no longer return the player’s ship to their starting location but instead, be placed on the nearest unobstructed node.
    • New tutorial popups have been added to the galaxy map warning players to avoid entering Ma’Alaketh or Hive territory.
    • The hex grid for maps can now be hidden through options menu preferences. If already in a map this toggle will require players to leave and re-enter to take effect.
    Officer Skills
    • The Sol chief medical officer now has the Emergency Escape skill. When a player’s ship is destroyed in combat the highest level officer(s) will be carried over with their level, unused skill points, and skill assignments preserved to the next ship purchased of the same class and variant. If there is more than one officer is of the same level then the one saved is determined at random. For each rank of this skill, one additional officer will be saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.