*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VI ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Enemies are not showing the moment they enter vision range. I should have seen Amish when he touched the missile drones 4 hexes, but he was well into mine before he was ID'd

I think it's mostly just drones are not sharing vision with allied players.

-Yeah, they should show 4 hexes vision no matter what. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Please make tile highlight/ping command something we see in the next patch!

it is sorely needed for team play and direction to a location

-I'd like to have that, but the programmers are loaded with a zillion (perhaps quintillion) other things first. Then again, there are only two programmers. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Major rebalancing update:

• The skill Damage Boost 1 now requires an officer level 2 to acquire.
    • The skill Damage Boost 2 now requires an officer level 4 to acquire.
    • Attackers are now awarded double the number of siege points for destroying an enemy player. The siege point values remain the same for defenders and for destroying AI controlled ships.
    • The XP earned each time a player damages an enemy player’s ship has been doubled.
    • Fixed a bug where the auto repair from freeflight would continue to repair upon entering combat again.
    • Fixed a bug where more than one freeflight auto repair sequence could occur on a single ship.
    • The hull points of all ships have been increased by 50% rounded up to the nearest whole number.
    • The Leadership/Honor point costs of many ships have been changed.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I thought Zillion was legendary and greater than Quintillion.

Million
    Billion
    Trillion
    Quadr-
    *Quintillion
    Sext-
    Sept-
    Oct-
    Non-
    Dec-
    Undec-
    Dodec-

Zillion :p

Wish I could be of use programming wise. I'm only an amateur with a limited bag of tricks and knowledge.

I'll keep hammering away with feedback and suggestions, the more ideas the merrier. Write them down for later!

We really do need some teamwork tools and incentives:
    Like I was trying to tell you in game, having ships that aren't that great at combat have something that makes them useful to a team to where one player might bring that ship for the benefit of all (+1 scan range on the Orchis, since they are mostly crap, for example). A player can, for example, pilot a repair tender, which does have a bit of engine power, toughness, and even a weapon in addition to the repair bonus it can give people (though difficult to use, coordinating where to be for the benefit at only 1 hex range, perhaps if the repair tender could send out repair drones several tiles away).
    -Have ping/map markers for parties or just in general everyone (and the ability to mute pings if someone is being a troll)
    -Have final bounty (kill) of a player or AI ship be distributed to all participants in accordance with the damage they dealt to the target throughout its lifetime! So if a 30 HP hull ship survives 6 rounds and manages 10 repairs, the player doing 20 damage to it gets half of the kill bounty, the 10 dmg gets 25%, and each of the 5 dmgs or whatever else chipped in gets their respective share, PLEASE NO MORE LAST-HIT REWARDS! That system is very counterproductive to teamplay and making friends.

Things of this nature could really improve the game, and yes I know, programmer and time resources are limited :p WRITE THEM DOWN FOR LATER IF YOU LIKE THE SUGGESTIONS!

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

Mendi (and probably other ships) are showing correct HP now, no longer -3.

However, I'm getting hit with 'invalid ship' 'invalid action' when undocking. I bet 'invalid system' too if I go to power up in a fight. Will check.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Pretty sure I just killed a ship that detonated a mine that gave credit back to Gen because the Gen ship's explosion is the one that killed the mine .. ?

7. CpZen

CpZen Member

Small bug, but if you choose opposing race in battle royale and skirmish I think the officer icons don't show (are white squares)

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

V, I'm still not seeing missions.

Are they only available when commanding a Class 4 or lower ship?

-Available for up to 1-star captains only. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

V, not seeing the new names talk.

Maybe we should get one of those pop up message tip boxes like the free flight or docking notice that points to the chat box and tabs.

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, we need to encourage new players to somehow notice the chat more. There will be some popups that are going to end up there soon though.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Watching combat cycle but still stuck in free flight mode.

Rare bug, unknown cause.

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Looks like npcs are warping in occasionally again, just one, in two sectors though

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Scan Boost (Hull passive like Gorshkov or Science officer) seems to not be modifying the range at which a target will stay locked.

You can scan to full and detect them, but scanning them at a few range less than full and moving to max range will result in them disappearing even though they are still within your radar max range + boost range (just not powered up).

-That's a good catch, will make a ticket for this one -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There are problems with which arc is being hit when fighting on the edge of the map.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Can have NPC's warp in after leaving a map and entering it between when they begin their journey and before they arrive.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Marine Pods still generate messages 'we have been boarded, 0 crew killed' when the pod was destroyed on the shield.

Marine pods deal 1 damage to shields.

17. AHrEJl

AHrEJl New Member

Hello devs!

Game build have 3 problems now:
    1. Low players online.

2. Not profit fights.
    a)Its stupid cuz u slow players grind on low lvls and lose players base on start. Does u realy think +11 for ship kill its corect for low lvls? :D damn hardcore grind on 1 lvl its not fun. Testers can leave and dont back, cuz dont like grind on start.
    b) u lose ur low tier ships and need buy new. wtf hardcore gore cry game? 1-3 tier ships need be unlockble, but not rebuyble. Sure, i agree harcore is cool, but only when u have alot of game features - like trade, mining and other activities. But now, when u got honor only for grinding low lvl ai its false way i think. And not cool, cuz hardcore not profitble and not fun.

3. Unbalanceble fights. +1 tier can pwnd all -1tier 2-5 ai ships by alone... Its fun when u can pwnd by low lvl tier ship hight tier enemy ship, but in ur game its imposible to destroy +1-2tier enemy ship shields by noob ship gun. And when no profit fights in other sectors, player can only 2 ways gore grind by +11 exp, or just exit.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@AHrEJl

YOU SPEAK!! I'm just an external playetester, not a dev, but you were playing with Vesuvius and I earlier having a good fight :p

I've been trying to talk to you in game for hours. There is a chat panel at the lower left with several different channels, some being faction only, some cross-faction.

Beta invites are going out weekly every Saturday to bring in the players that registered. There is still a lot of balancing going on because the game has never been tested with a large playerbase, that's what this beta is for!

We wanted to teach you a lot about the game that would have helped you out plenty. Damaging other players, not AI, is supposed to be what you do for lots of XP. It is very easy for several weaker players to outrun a larger ship, wearing it down and eventually killing it.

You will want to contact @AmishJoe , he's the best player on the Genari team and about as active as I am. You will see from him how a smaller ship can fight a larger one. Don't count on AI to do too much, they aren't that great, which is why they are worth less XP. It's all about the PvP.

I can try to help you too, but it will be harder since I am on the other team.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Holy Shnizzballs V, even a basic Defense platform X (Sanethi) is nothing to trifle with!

The thing has 300 HP with 12 x5 dmg (+range) lasers and 4 x6 dmg missiles that shoot in any direction!

I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to deal with this damage other than... not dealing with it! (stay out of effective range at 6+ tiles away)

And this is the little defense station?! I can manage to deal about 10 damage to it from safety, which it promptly repairs. Gonna need a bit more firepower and staying power than this :p Rest assured, no one is breaching the Gen defense line anytime soon. It will require about 6 highly skilled players in the right ship to do it without opposition quite a bit of time. Now 16 players could drop it like nothing, keep in mind that 16 of my damage was absorbed by shields, and that only has to be dealt once per round. I'm imagining 16 starter corvettes rushing wave after wave at the station with reckless abandon, ignoring defenders while delivering their payload and escaping if they can. Sounds about right. Corvettes are unstoppable!

Once the station is downed, its just a matter of capturing a large sector and playing minesweeper (or perhaps do that along the way to avoid lots of forced stops from detection).

I wonder what a space station or homeworld station is like ... :eek:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Attempting to path through debris that is adjacent to a cloud is extremely problematic! (cloud forced stop always happens, unlike first-scan stop happening once + debris bounceback)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.