*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Don't think so, usually apply overload 1st round, never had a problem that way. Either the button(overload) is there or it is not.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I get 'general error's and the weapon becomes unusable when using certain buffs at certain times. Always works if I just wait 1 round.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

*Muahahahaha* 5 more upgrades (30 hours) until I max out my Nova officers! Marine commander aside, because marines are shit atm and don't appear that they will ever be useful without significant changes. Not saying never, but for now, I don't bother with marine pods specifically because of the very last point + the fact that the XP isn't worth the effort/time.

After having played Genari thoroughly, I still find their ships (mostly engine power, shielding, and accuracy) to be inferior to Sol, but the tend to have greater damage potential. However, this damage is useless if you can't get in or afford to risk getting in close to your target because of poor accuracy... The Tac Officer goes a long way to compensating for the weaknesses of Gen ships, IF you can survive 40 battles to unlock upgrades 5-10 AND you spend a few days on JUST upgrading the Tac officer... while Sol ships can be much more effective right off the yard.

Marine pods.... need a lot of work. The skills associated (Marine Commander), how much damage they do to crew (based on class/size of pod, currently all pods do the same modified by Marine Commander skills, and even then, the result is very strange), the range at which they can be fired (again based on class/size of pod, For example: Class I-V should have small pods at 1 range, VI-VIII should have medium pods usable up to 2 range, IX and X should have heavy pods with 3 range), number of marine pods per ship, ability to resupply pods, the effects of crew casualties (Nothing happens until you eliminate at least 21% of a crew..... Good luck with that!).

*Disclaimer: I am aware bugs must be fixed and development must progress to a more stable, playable game before features are added or existing ones heavily modified*
    To sum up what I would like to see for Marine Pods:
    -All officer skills must be working
    -The inner workings/math behind the pods and how skills weigh in needs to be posted (in-game tip doesn't seem right, what is the real difference between elite marines and team expansion)
    -XP awarded for crew casualties is rather bogus... I have the officer slaughter (+1) and captain skills (+4 per kill) and might kill 17 crew but only get 30 or 40 xp...? Expecting to get a minimum of 102 xp (85 from skill bonuses + base XP has to be at least 1 per)
    -Need different sized marine pods based on class of ship
    -Larger sized pods should cause more casualties AND be usable from longer range to compensate for high class ships as targets having very large crews and the high class attacker being fairly low on mobility
    -Existing 'one size fits all' pods don't make much sense/scale with the battle well (at all, they just plain don't), and larger pods should also cost more energy to power to go along with their increased usefulness
    -Edit: All pods should also have HP, size 1 = 1 size 2 = 3, size 3 = 5 or something along those lines so that a single 1 damage beam on counterfire cannot defend against a heavy capital ship marine pod.

-Marine pods will be very useful for XP for lower tier ships, and the XP gained you'll see will be rather significant when XP value of ships are reduced overall with a new rating system. Along with the new rating system, higher tier ship superstructures will have more bonus hull points, and Genari get significantly more than Sol. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

PS - Testing as a min/maxer :p
    Purchased my Nova some time on 9/9/2017 (afternoonish, assume I got 2 upgrades in that day) and it is now afternoon 9/13/2017
    My upgrades are as follows:
    1/5 Helm
    5/5 Engineer
    9/10 Tac Officer
    0/5 Marine Commander
    I have upgraded 15 times in approximately 96 hours at a maximum rate of once per 6 hours + the starting upgrade (15 - the 1 starter because I didn't have to wait for it), so 96/(15-1) = 6.857 hours per upgrade on average

This is what you can do if you hawk your upgrade timer, and this + tactics + knowledge of the game + some flaws (yep, it's beta, there are flaws that are being corrected) are why I was so powerful in combat. I did some power-grinding for battle credits and XP, got ships early, held onto them, and didn't waste much on the upgrade timer. In fact, I have a 4x all officers Firestorm III and Interdictor III. I also have a Guardian I that I got for fun and put one battle on it to see about the hull modifier stacking, allowing officer upgrades once every 3 hours. Definitely a good ship to get early for officers, but not really that good of a ship as far as base stats go :p If I hadn't been relearning some things, I would also have my starter Agile Flier at 4x all or better.

Upgrading many ships in parallel is really the way to go!

I will have several of each of my favorite ships and use them in rotation for battle credits, always upgrading them in parallel. This affords me extras in case of loss OR if I decide I want to quick swap over to fleet commander if and when players have direct control over secondary/tertiary ships.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

That scanner bug is still around.

-Press the dev team on that... it is a high priority -Vesuvius

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Wrong arc being hit. This bug and the hex trace bug that I reported a long time ago are still in and should rank around medium/high/75% priority imo (need scaners fixed first!)
    I should have been hit in the fore-port arc (also unshielded, but thats not the point), you can see the red line, damage, and shield hit indicator on the fore-starboard arc.
    Wrong Arc Hit Hex Trace Bug.jpg

Hmm, someone might learn from my tactics by looking at my power settings.... too bad I play completely different vs humans :p

-That bug is something that needs some reproduction step, it does happen to me too (rarely) but so random I can't seem to figure it out -Vesuvius

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

A few more updates today (along with a few behind the scenes):
    • Chat will always be minimized by default but the tab is now always visible.
    • Fixed an issue where some activated abilities would incorrectly persist for the whole duration of the battle not just for that combat round. This fix may also resolve some other ability interaction issues.
    • Players can now see the warp bubbles for other ships as they warp out.
    • Mousing over a ship system while in the shipyard will now show a description popup if available.
    • The Genari Marine Commander skill Commandeer will now correctly appear as disabled.

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Hot damn, that was fast. Bug reports and fixes rolling right along.

-hot damn, Xeen autoreply! -Vesuvius

9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Crap, there goes my infinite overloads, lol

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Coincidence! I just turned my machine on to check for any news.

I don't have any email/forum alerts sent to phone or anything like that.

I don't even see a JIRA for the 'bug to rule them all'

Edit: because it was marked resolved already and I was only searching for open issues.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Amish, Add +2 to base with Gen Tac Officer, then +2 with Perma Rally, then overload by 300% a missile launcher with a base 10 damage. It hits for 56! Oh and the +50 accuracy was persisting too, but not the movement.

FYI, I got overload last and haven't used it yet :p Oh well. Time to assault some newly fixed stations with normal abilities. I might as well respec my officer now to accuracy instead of overload.

AmishJoe likes this.
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Ok, which one of you slack-jawed Genari wannabe's wrecked my training map???????

Squashing all my secrets today... This is what I get for trying to be a nice guy.

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE Sounds good, but will definitely need a scalar repair bonus from the Engineer to go along with large hulls. The static value is potent for small crafts and a drop in the bucket for large ones, especially a faction like the Genari that will have much more robust hulls and not much shielding.

14. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

A minor bug(?) when you start a character and then watch the intro movie, that other background music keeps going and kind of interferes with the movie music.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes it is. It's been noted.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Odd, just got disconnected from server at random, instantly, when I was about to cook AmishJoe :p

He left mid-barrage and came back in another ship that I was going to get before he could cheese quit.

17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I noticed that, also I ran right by you and never saw you, the scanner bug strikes again. Also Vesuivius, the transitions seem to be placing me near enemy ships almost every time I warp in, is that the new "random" transition? Could you double check accuracy on swordfish 3 seems like I am missing more than I should, 10-15% more. Or I am just used to the Halifax accuracy.

-SIWLB-9 lasers are pretty poor in accuracy, at 50%, and relatively short range. As for the transitions, I wonder if Xeen is seeing the same; as I play it seems pretty random to me, I don't get adjacent appearances that often actually. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yeah that scanner bug.... If the game responded faster, you were 5 tiles away from me, but it didn't let me turn and queue my weapons fast enough.

I was wondering why you sailed right past me.

I'm used to 100% accuracy and having to adjust :p My Firestorm needs some battle credits so I can Tac up back to perfect accuracy. I already respecc'd the Nova.

A leviathan would be fun if it wasn't so pathetic in the engines.

Remind me to never play Genari!

The Tac officer is so good, but the ships are so bad... you HAVE to have an upgraded officer just to compensate, so it's not really an advantage...

I miss the Mendi, Sword, Montana III's, Yamato II, Colossus, and even the Bengbu V

Those Montana III and Yamato II shields, omg.... priceless. I wonder if there will be any maps near or entirely saturated with ion storms (a map that bars or extremely inhibits shield use). Gen Home world or forward stations inside ion storms would be great defense/home field advantage catering to Gen strength (numbers, high offensive power though inaccurate, low or no shielding with high hulls)... but still, how does Gen compete on the offense vs Sol who will be in their element?

Gen corvettes are good, but most of the rest of their ships, especially at the uppermost tiers, bleh. Gen tops out around Class V with the Interdictor III. The Firestorm III isn't bad either because it is mobile. Higher classes are too immobile (expected), paired with inaccurate Genari weapons weapons and not a good balance of ship/system stats. That same immobility is also a huge factor in why I dislike marine pods (the great Gen equalizer specialty?), among other reasons.

Looking forward to some big updates. I'll give them another shot then!

-I think I need to report/fix the accuracy skill issue. Its too OP the way it is now, it shouldn't 'add' but increase percentile-wise. -Vesuvius

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

I just came across a new one, at least to me. Swordfish3(me) against battleborn, While firing at me it fired a 7 hp laser, 3 hp laser, and one missile. Having 14 shields with overshield I assumed I would take 1 or 2 damage depending on the missile. went down to 4 shields after laser fire. After missile hit I was back up to 10 shields?????

This could have to do with the explosion bug because the ship I destroyed before this caused me 2 hull and I had tried to repair each round after that(2 or 3 rounds) with no effect. I have found that after the next ship warps in, if I allow it to do damage after that I can repair normally. That is what I tried here but instead found new bug?

-I'm not sure if this bug still persists, but sometimes after you kill an enemy, and its explosion does damage, it doesn't reflect properly when you enter freeflight until another ship warps in. Sometimes the damage cascades into the next conflict. But it is also possible that 'critical damage' happens once in a while, which is 2x damage, a thing of the past, I didn't like it and had it removed before you guys came into internal beta. -Vesuvius

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There's some weirdness with when things are updated. Did the battleborn go last/at the end of the combat phase? You might see the apparent damage after a new round starts, but really it happened in the previous round and there was some desynch between when you saw things happen (animations are awfully slow and time consuming) and when it numerically happened as far as the server was concerned. Also a lot of oddities with being hit on 2 arcs at once.

Sounds like it was a 4 damage missile hit and the server said the round was over before animations finished, momentarily showing the 4 damage hit your fresh shields (you never took hull damage).

Yeah, sounds like you were fighting a Battleborn III, the only ship that will do 7 damage with a laser at range (both lasers can do 7 if charged, but that's 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 = 14power out of 30 per laser + the 2 for the ML would = all 30 power and no movement, so I'm guessing one laser was fully charged and the other was not) BB III is the only one with a 4 damage missile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.