*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

But no galaxy travel speed bonus?

Pretty nifty hull perk come live when no more alt-f4 allowed :p

I'm starting to like Genari a bit, but there is a bug that makes them too good (both sides really).

-what is that bug? -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There's a pocket tile on this map, impossible to play from if you spawn there (which can happen) Pocket Tile S1726.jpg . Really love that hidey hole.

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

Is the Exeter Monolith ship skill working?

I think I'm seeing some kind of weird behavior where I'm losing 10% accuracy, but the display is inconsistent, showing 95% and then 85% at times at the same distance.

-Yes, the monolith skill should be working, where shots are reduced to 85%, but it may have some quirks if you are able to find them, since its such a strange/unique ship skill -Vesuvius

4. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20170911183518_1.jpg
    Engine damage is inconsistent with weapon damage values. I got 11, 7, 5, engine damage in three different rounds with the same missile. Is it a percentage of engine power instead of a definite number? I keep hoping to get a ship to zero engine to see if I can, lol.

-That is some strange bug then. It should be the same damage to engine every time. I think I've seen that before, the question is why its doing it, it makes no sense. It should be engine damage points equal to the missile weapon damage every time. -Vesuvius

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes, you can get a ship to zero engines, but the AI will break and become vegetative long before then on most ships, starting at class 6 and above.

I have noticed that my weapon shots vs sol drones appear to do a different amount of damage to the engines (as odd as that scenario is) than expected. I will hit the hull for the expected 5 damage, but the engine, at least the first hit, will only take 3 damage. It may be showing me that they have 11/11 engine when in fact they have some other value (13) or are in some kind of over-repaired/pre-repaired state.

There is also a slight bug with the displayed hull/engine status being updated from repairs. Often, it will not show the +2 repaired, so when you score your next hit, it appears that you did 2 less damage than expected because the internal/server value was 2 greater than the displayed/client value. That would explain the difference between the 7 and the 5. I'm not sure about the 11 though. Had you applied something like a 50% Sol overload yo a 7 damage weapon to boost it by 3.5 rounded up to 11? If so, I just explained why you see all these different numbers, and everything is working correctly internally, just the displays are bugged. There are a lot of problems with the displayed information and when it is updated in SW.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Amish knows it, but he hasn't said anything :p

In fact, he noticed it before I did since I was on break for awhile (but has said nothing!). However, I made some improvements... so it's really strong now.

Hint: This is an extension/offshoot of a bug I previously detected and reported.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Roger that. I had noticed something weird going on, but only looong after I had been battling Exeters. Could get into specifics about how it works for much better understanding and knowing what to expect for testing, but this already explains a lot.

8. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

how is it that I can capture a sector, get out after it is protected, go get higher tier ship to finish off the last warped in ships and before I can get back not only is the sector unlocked, but completely retaken and locked out for me, in less than five minutes. I thought there was a 24 hour lock out????

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It's fun when you have your own exploit turned against you!

You probably didn't do it on purpose, but how do you suppose you were able to break my assault line the other night at a couple of random places in the middle of all locked tiles??

There's a problem with alt-f4'ing out of a map when there are enemy defenders still present. It doesn't lock (purple lock) on the galaxy map, so I reclaimed it immediately as I was there before you cheesed out.

At least you only lost a 30 CP sector. I had a 130 CP multimap station assault reset on me ><

This is why we are here testing the game :p

-This is a big important bug, will make a report for it -Vesuvius

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE

Send this to the appropriate bug ticket for me. It happened on my laptop too (different hardware) and I don't have access to JIRA from here (forgot password) or the image from home.

Attached Files:

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was a patch deployed?

I'm getting a couple general errors upon trying to leave the dock and an infinite load screen. The game is unplayable as a result, unlike previous general errors/invalid action when leaving a station (sometimes).

Had some weird errors upgrading the marine commander on the F3. Will try another ship. Tried with and without supports.

Seems to only be happening when I try to take out my Firestorm III after having applied the first commandeer rank to the marine commander. Applying the skill gave problems, had to reset to see it activate. Using the ship was fine before.

I need credits to reset him to test the problem.

-Credits Added -V

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

-Less hints and more a private message will do! -Vesuvius

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

New update!
    • Systems on structures can no longer be damaged.
    • Addressed a bug that would result in structures not repairing themselves.
    • Addressed a bug with the server not returning repaired engine power to the game client.
    • The client will now properly update the displayed power values based on repairs.
    • Officer names will now be properly unique per each ship a player owns.
    • The officer and captain skill panels now properly scale based on screen aspect ratio.
    • The remaining credits a player owns is now shown on every screen of the shipyard.
    • Ship systems will automatically have their power de-allocated if they are damaged.
    • Fixed an issue where stations were being detected but not properly revealed to the user that round of combat.
    • Fixed a few problems where objects would not properly appear on the map but could still block movement and scanners.
    • The mouseover popups for ships in maps will now display the correct rank insignia for the captain.
    • Fixed a bug where the 60 second allocation period was not being properly enforced.
    • When engines are damaged the power output will now update during the allocation phase instead of that combat phase.
    • Issue dates will no longer be shown on unowned ships in the shipyard.
    • Players are no longer able to click and drag the power bar for their scanner and weapons during combat phase and freeflight.

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Looks like weapons/damaged systems powering down works. Can probably still fire it if damaged that round (will have to check)
    Confirmed, captain rank is displayed properly on ship callout.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What about the battlefield UI/hex grid scaling and galaxy map scaling based on resolution? Everything looks nasty on my 1366x768 laptop.

16. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Looks like one new bug and one old one I have found so far on the new update. New one, just visual as far as I can tell; in allocation after taking damage the hull bar shows almost full even with about 25% hull, numbers are correct, repairs correct. Old one is my overload worked in one sector, didn't in the second.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Confirmed Commandeer has problems and causes a mini-blocker preventing use of the ship with an officer that has it trained.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Did you fully return to station? Skills only reset when you dock/reset the client (fastest way of doing it is... alt-f4 :p), not when you go to galaxy map or end/start a new battle.

The new bug you see may be related to a fix for a bug where you were able to drag around the red damage bar for your ship stats. It was only a visual/interface bug, not affecting actual numbers for game play.

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yes I returned to base and went to another sector. The HUD issue is purely visual from my experience, corrects itself after the repair or allocation phase. Not a game playing problem, just an aesthetic one.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I have noticed there is a problem with using certain skills on the same turn as you charge the weapon. Maybe that was the problem?

I've gotten used to charging on one turn then activating skill buffs on any later turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.