*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I seem to be unable to launch marine pods at a station now.

Change that, can't use marine pods vs anything.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Getting incorrect movement points during combat phase.

Allocate power and display correctly says 16 MP, 13 during combat for some reason. This sort of bug seems to happen when there is a large power change that involves the upper or lower regions of power capacity within the boosted range.

104 base power + 30% = 135, so if I setup power to 105 and higher or 31 and under, I may get this bug. Not 100% sure on how it happens yet, just a sort of trend I'm noticing.

May have something to do with the game not knowing/allowing movement points in excess of base-engine-power determined MP.

Hmm, just had 96 power for 12 movement, used Rally and ended up at 16?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Clicking End Turn when your phase has expired (waiting for animations to play out) produces a General Error

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Being hit when near a station (weapons are firing from a high angle of incidence) causes the shield bubble graphic to display at a corresponding angle and looks weird. It seems that the angle of the hit received determines the bubble effect, and most ships and weapons fired are on the grid as opposed to way above like a station.

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Drones and Station on the inner most (last) map of a multimap sector are not giving CP.

Does not appear to be possible to capture the multimap sector.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Flagging an invalid target message for attempting to fire a weapon at an already destroyed target appears to make all the rest of your weapons 'duds' for the round.

8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Chance to have a system damaged (shield, weapon, engine, scanner, crew) needs to be determined by magnitude of damage penetrating shield (if any or all) and the size of the ship hull.

-It is actually. The higher the damage from one hit, the more chance it affects a system. -Vesuvius

If you blast a ship with an overloaded 48 damage missile and it has ~80 hull, it should be a guaranteed system damage (or max 95% when at 50% of MaxHull in one shot or greater).

If a ship gets hit for 1 damage through shielding vs 144 hull, it should be zero or minimum (5%?) chance to take system damage when the hit is less than ~5% of the MaxHull.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Am I the only person that loves hidey holes like this? More please. So rare to find cover a cat would appreciate. Hidey Hole.jpg

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

AI seems to hang during allocation if engines are badly damaged.

Back to waiting full 60 seconds.

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Himeji Defense Platform XI does not appear to be repairing. Seems I was able to knock out the shield gen.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sometimes upon entering a new hostile sector after a previous battle, I'm stuck on infinite load screen while the game continues in the background (transit in, phases cycle, can hear things happening but seeing load screen and circle timer)

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

AmishJoe Wuss-out Counter: 49

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestion: Allow players to occupy same tile as debris from destroyed ship, move debris down low onto the grid and outward to edges of hex if possible, tile provides a 10% evasion bonus and a 5% accuracy penalty, fixes the 'rubberbanding' problem when detecting an enemy while navigating through a currently passable, but unable to be occupied debris tile.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

The bear was poked one too many times.
    Deathmarch.jpg

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Server down?

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

New Update!
    General
    • The Genari tutorial now has audio narration.
    • An automated docking sequence has been added to the game. When in freeflight on a map controlled by your faction with a Space Station players will now be able to initiate docking from anywhere on that map. When Dock is clicked your ship will automatically travel to one of the docking nodes for the Space Station and dock. If no docking nodes are available your ship will move as close as possible to the Station.
    • Fixed an issue where a general error would occur when entering galaxy with the Sol ship Oslo.
    • The enter galaxy button will now be disabled if a ship the player owns, but can’t use due to captain skill requirements, is selected.
    • Defense Platforms and Space Stations will now correctly prioritize repairing adjacent friendly ships and then spend all remaining repair points on themselves.
    • Resolved an issue where the Himjei Station incorrectly had 2 engines which would result in it sometimes having incorrect power values.
    • Fixed an issue where the Genari tutorial wouldn’t allow the player to launch all their marine pods to progress.
    • If a player tries to enter the galaxy before playing the tutorial they will now get a confirmation popup before leaving the spacedock.
    Civilian Ships
    • Space Wars now just got more lively with the addition of NPC civilian ships that populate and explore the galaxy. Due to interstellar population expansion and trade routes the civilian ships tend to conglomerate around population centers like planets and space stations.
    • Both Genari and Sol have have unique civilian ships.
    • Civilian ships will only navigate territories controlled by their own faction.
    • If an enemy ship enters a map containing a civilian ship that NPC will attempt to escape to safety.

18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sol tutorial has some minor flaws such as:

In one of the early frames, voice says 'will' and script says 'can'

In a later frame about movement, you have the ship stated as having 18 movement points when it only has 14 after powering scanners (18 normal max), a bit of a mislead

...continuing tutorial...

Looks and sounds pretty good for the most part. You went with 'Now' a lot :p

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

SoS: NPC ships are taking full combat phases even though they are supposedly entering warp, sometimes multiple of them on a map (after just transiting in?! they weren't on the map to begin with).

It's not too bad to wait a minute apiece if they never come back to the area, but atm, it seems pretty pointless to have them transit in only to immediately warp out and waste several minutes while being impossible to ever find.

Second round of combat and THE DIRECTOR IS FREAKIN' OMG THE TRANSITS

Standby for screenshot...

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

NPC Ship Director Bug.jpg ~30 of the bastards warped in, and my entire allocation phase was consumed with transit notices (I could still modify power)

Now I would have to wait 30 minutes to play the round. Not happening. I'm out until this is fixed! (And I'm a little mad the plug got pulled right before I completed my blockade!)

PS - Why wasn't the server time reset? I had it beat in ~10 days but had some fun for another 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.