*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS V ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Counterfire needs to be a persistent toggle, stays on no matter what (wont fire if no weapon power), re-arming itself if the weapon counters.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Seems as if a weapon flagged for counterfire becomes damaged in the same instance as it counters, it deals zero base damage (+ any boost, so in my case, it hit for 2)

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Windsor stations (and probably other Sol stations) seem to be firing more weapons to the front than back.

-This used to be a bug from the past, but the upcoming patch should hopefully fix the power issue with the bug, but if it is a 'cheat' that they fire less in the back, I will have an alternative fix for it. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2017
  4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sometimes when I set my power for a specific amount based on desired movement points.... it short changes me. Only seems to happen when I change power drastically in one phase.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

New update!

General
    • Space Stations when damaged will no longer split into two different parts. This was being caused by damage shake effect.
    • Players will no longer get an error when selecting or deselecting a support ship.
    • Fixed an issue where ship systems would not function if power was allocated to them before the Genari skill Rally Offensive was activated.
    • Players will no longer get an invalid target notice if their queued up weapon attacks exceed what will destroy the targeted ship. This shouldn’t have any noticeable impact on the weapon attack queue.
    • The ship selection bar will now scroll in front of the Captain/Ship Info panel on the left instead of behind.
    • The issue # and date for ships will now immediately update upon purchasing a ship on the shipyard without needing to go to another screen.
    • Fixed an instance where text would be cut off for ship descriptions in the shipyard.
    • Engines now properly show up on the systems list of the shipyard.
    • In freeflight the leave map button is no longer disabled if other ships are moving.
    • The achievements and medals have been updated to have a more consistent variety.
    Chat
    • Now if the chat tab is closed and someone posts or there is a server broadcast the tab will flash until the tab is opened.
    • The text ‘Chat’ is now displayed on the tab for opening and closing the chat window to help indicate what it is to new players.
    • Addressed an issue where the tab for opening and closing the chat would not appear in the correct position on different resolutions.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Testing to see if one of several Rally issues has been fixed :p

Seems like the allocation issue is resolved, however Rally is still not giving +2 damage (on top of damage boost) or the 50% accuracy bonus.

+5 movement (and initiative) still working fine.

'Overkill' weapon q seems to be handling much better now as well!

Liking the new callouts:
    Captain and rank (would rather these were hidden until scanned), ship type and variant, ship class displayed on turn-order bar.

Hull Engine Crew only shown from battlefield callout (when you see the ship on the grid)

Weapon status immediately updates to 'fired' when q'ing shots. Great!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

So I have found a new one or two. The dock button every time you clear a sector? The second shot is after I had locked the next sector, my ship "forgot" it had upgraded shields. 20170921091022_1.jpg 20170921093922_1.jpg

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The dock button thing is a bug, it is known and will be fixed soon (its a convenience option that will be implemented properly, as for a player to click on dock when entering a region with a friendly station, so you don't have to click to the station and dock manually)

AmishJoe likes this.
  9. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

that is a great option!

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yes it is!

Also, the free-flight mode has always been weird about displaying the correct information when you have things like power boost, maneuvering, shield boost, etc. This bug is another one of those minor things that I just learned to overlook and work around without giving it any thought for having done so for so long :p I think you are limited in free flight to moving up to your 'normal' maximum movement points (unmodified by maneuvering, based off of standard engine power), no consideration for Power Boost/Maneuvering. It matters in something like a Nova that has 13 base MP + a few more from Power Boost + a modified pile of extra from maneuvering (if you go that route). Being able to move 22 hex in free flight mode vs 13 is pretty nice. Not a big deal in a ship like a corvette that can already move ~40 tiles as most of the time you don't need to move that much or the map isn't big enough to where you could move that much!

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Throw in scan boost while we are at it. Should scan boost give a 'yellow' bar above the standard orange and below the green ones (the 4 always visible in all directions base + potential power), indicating that you have an additional free scan power, but only in the normal frontal cone? If so, should the max scanner power display go from [4 base omni vision + 18 power scanner cone= 22] to [4 base omni vision + 1 or 2 scan boost to cone + 18 power scaner cone = 23 or 24 max scan range] ?

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

found some more "invisible" moons, rocks, or something. where my cursor is on all three shots.

-In theory, these invisible obstacles will appear over time and server restarts, as they get fixed by the artist. -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Coward cheese-quits again mid barrage.

You should have been dead so many times.. if only Rally was working properly or everything got to finish firing.

I am going to lock down the server because of your actions.

AmishJoe Coward.jpg

It's totally fine if you want to come fight me. Totally fine if you want to try to delay the game or waste time. Totally fine if you want to run around the whole fight and then warp out when you have to.

But dont instantly quit mid fight when you should have to fly to the edge and warp out for a round.

PS - I'm at work proofing some data logs for a monthly report, cuz I know what you are thinking :p

-Okay, remember this is a test server, no biggie if someone cheat quits for now. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Bug with new weapon queue changes: You can still over-fire weapons and have them consumed/unusable on another target.

Sees that if you get the invalid target popup, clear it, then attempt to fire again = waste weapon.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power allocation is not saved if phase timer expires

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Severe timer desynch can occur (your turn ends and commands are locked with an apparent ~15 seconds on the clock)

May be related to slower/weaker connections

Possible position/orientation desynch too. Just had all my missiles listed as fired, but none shot.

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Getting poor frame rate on sector with 'debris storm' environmental effect (on my weaker machine/laptop at work)

S-2014

18. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

yes that new bug come again

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

It's the XP post (rising number above hull-hit ship) that really slows down combat. Please see if you can do something about that. I figured this out because hitting engines doesn't award any XP... and the shots fire very quickly, beautifully fast, in fact.

Missed attacks have always been noticeably faster too.

Suggestion:
    -Remove XP rollout above hit ship
    -Adjust log on left of screen:
    Log collapsable just like the chat window
    Log entries are persistent (no fade out)
    Log entries reformatted to "<Weapon> <ChanceToHit> hit <Ship> for X damage to shield (if any) and Y damage to hull (if any), <Experience> XP earned"
    Can include misses
    Can include other information such as system and/or crew damage
    No need to log 'leadership/honor' and XP earned

20. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

yes, don't need leadership/honor just XP

-I checked it out, don't see the problem anymore -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.