*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS IV ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20170814234711_1.jpg
    So I was trying to capture this sector G-1408 and from where my cursor is at 13 and for hexes out to the space rock I could not move into those hexes at all. I think it was 3 wide by 4 deep total hexes that were "blocked"

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

^^^^ Interesting, I'll report this one, the map seems valid in the map builder program.

Edit: I think its something to do with that asteroid between the giant planet and the smaller one. Don't know why though, I'll let them figure it out.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Found another impassable spot right in front of me, 1st shot. 2nd one is more of a lol, engine hit on a mine, 4 damage with a fully overloaded missile.

Attached Files:

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

TUTORIAL IS UP! Sol version only right now, working on the Genari once the bugs are worked out for Sol.

Space Wars Patch Notes 8/15/2017

Tutorial

The major feature for today’s update is the beta version of the game tutorial. This tutorial goes over all the basics of what the different ship systems do, how to allocate power, repair, and engage in combat.
    Only Sol will have access to this initial version of the tutorial system because it has been balanced specifically for that faction. The Genari will be getting their own version of the tutorial once we get all the tutorial mechanics working smoothly and have made any other necessary tweaks to pacing.

General
    • When using WASD keys hitting W while your ship is turning will no longer override the turn. The turn animation will finish and then the ship can then move forward based on its new orientation.
    • WASD keys will no longer pan the map in addition to controlling your ship. Only arrow keys and right clicking with the mouse will pan the map.
    • The ship AI has been updated to more evenly distribute power between its systems when not enough power is available.
    • The allocation priorities Support and Combat follower ships for each of the ship commands has been updated to:
      • Follow Me: Ships will now prioritize power for movement and weapons, with minimal to no shield allocation.
      • Back to Base: Ships will prioritize power for movement and aft shields.
      • Hold Position: Ships will prioritize powering all shield arcs an equal amount.
    • Support Ships are now more likely to power up their weapons if they have them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.