*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS IV ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkwizard

tkwizard New Member

Not exactly sure how to get a screenshot, but the message said Error 213 Invalid System, if that helps.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, I'll tell the programmers of error 213.

3. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yes, it was definitely battle debris, I destroyed a ship or mine two rounds before this happened.

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

This week's update coming this evening:
    • The nameplate popup when the cursor is over a Ship or Structure will now appear for allies and when in freeflight.
    • Engine power will no longer display incorrect values when in allocation.
    • Weapons will now correctly display their base accuracy when the cursor is over them in Combat.
    • Ship attributes while in a map will now correctly update to account for active and passive skills that modify stats like Hull Points, Engine, Crew, Range, Accuracy, Scanners, Damage, etc.
    • Skills that reduce a ship’s chance to be hit will now be calculated as part of the accuracy value displayed in the nameplate popup.
    • Engine damage will now be correctly shown if the damaged ship leaves and reenters the map.
    • Battle Royale and Skirmish have been added to a new section on the Spacedock called Simulation. This is to better convey to new players that these are not the main game mode.
    • Accuracy modifiers are now calculated as additive to address inconsistent values at different ranges.
    • Experience Points earned will now display the correct values on the Combat Resolved screen, Galaxy Map, and on the Shipyard.
    Ship Skills
    • The Dreadnought skill will now give +10% accuracy to all weapons.
    • The Admiral's Flagship skill will now make the ship immune to any boarding crew damage.
    • The Comfortable Crew skill will now double the recovery of the ship’s crew at the beginning of each allocation round.
    • The Unit Cohesion skill will now remove the restriction of only being able to upgrade one officer every 24 hours
    • The Fission Warhead Damage Boost skill will now give +1 Damage to Fission Warhead Weapons.
    • The Precision Fire skill will now give +10% Accuracy for Beam Weapons.
    • Genari Monolith will now make it so Genari weapons have a 10% increased chance of missing ships with this skill.
    • The Small Profile skill will now give -1 to sensor range detection by enemy ships and structures.
    Officer Skills
    • The Sensor Shadow skill will now give -1 to sensor range detection by enemy ships and structures.
    • The Advanced Med Bays skills will now give 10/20% Crew Healing per round.
    • The Resistance skill will now correctly provide radiation protection based on the appropriate intensity.
    • The Accuracy skill for Genari will now correctly modify hit chance for ranks 6 to 10.
    Captain Skills
    • The Slaughter skill will now give +1 XP per enemy crew killed.

5. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

ok, overload is not working on my Halifax. Secondly I was playing around in Ma'kelth territory and had been several rounds when all of the sudden I lost two engine power??? I had never even been fired at. 20170715223241_1.jpg 20170715230023_1.jpg

6. BlueMaro

BlueMaro New Member

Btw how did you survive the maalaketh encounter? That looks like a class 7 cruiser.

7. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Hit and run, hide, hide, hide. Eventually you die, I always take my "free" ship. It was a class 7 crusier, and eventually I would have destroyed it, except for the other three class 4 frigates that came to play after a few rounds. One shot kills so don't take a ship you are attached to.

8. JansenC

JansenC Member

I think overload only works on beam weapons? But I'd need Vesuvius to clarify that.

9. Vesuvius_SWIE

Weapon Overload skill is still buggy; it is supposed to work with both warhead and beam weapons. Also I've requested the programmers to make it more user-friendly, as for now you can't tell when you've actually activated a weapon to overload.

10. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Roger that, I was playing and overload worked, and worked every round until I captured the area. One missile was doing its standard 7 and the other more either 9 or 11 I don't remember which. for 10-20 rounds

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

Hey wait, overload should only work one round, it requires a 'cooldown' by you traveling back to a base. So its not working right haha.

12. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yes, that is what I thought. Tried it again the next day and no overload at all. So I would assume that is still a buggy skill.

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

This week's update is up now:

Season Ending
    It is now possible for the Sol or Genari factions to end server season by capturing the opposing faction’s homeworld. To capture the opposing faction’s home world the player will need to destroy the space station orbiting the homeworld and earn the correct number of siege points.
    When a faction’s homeworld is captured the ending cinematic will be shown to all players on that server. Then everyone on the server will be returned to the server select screen. At this point a new server will be started and players will be able to create a new captain.
    Note: The game server has been restarted for this new feature to properly take effect.

General
    • Repair points will now only regenerate 1% of a ship’s crew instead 5% per repair point (minimum: 1 crew).
    • Resolved a typo in the reports from a marine assault.
    • It is no longer possible to select the class VI ship ‘Guardian’ without any captain skills.
    • The % chance for the engines to take damage when being attacked from behind has been doubled.
    • Players will now receive an XP bonus if they are in a map when the sector is captured (2x siege point value).
    • When players leave the Spacedock they will now be placed 3-4 hexes away from the station. This is to prevent ships leaving the Spacedock from blocking ships that want to dock (and players better visualize their position).
    • The selected starting ship that remains free to the player will now be better identified on the Shipyard with a white background.
    • Marine Pods can no longer be powered up after they have been expended.
    • The letter "C" will no longer appear over expended Marine Pods.
    • Several weapons have had their power to damage ratios changed.
    • Power allocated to ship systems will no longer reset when a skill is activated.
    • Fixed an error that would occur if a player attempts to make any power allocation changes during the same round they click the Leave Map button.
    • Fixed several instances where activated abilities would appear as available when they were on cooldown.
    • The combat resolved popup will now only show up whenever a player is leaving combat.
    • Global broadcast can now be posted by administrators to all players. These messages will appear in the in-game chat.
    • Fixed an issue where where players could get stuck on the loading screen when attempting to start a Skirmish match.
    • Support ships no longer cause incorrect values to be shown on a player’s main ship.

14. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

Looks like ship stats are doubling again (at least in Genari side)

Attached Files:

15. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

20170721225033_1.jpg Not a game problem. maybe just a "fun"bug this time, look at the mirrored sol seal

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

lol it is backwards! I'm surprised I hadn't noticed it, since I created that logo.

17. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

movement/spotting bug has changed. My orchis and the shadow frigate occupy the same space 20170725225658_1.jpg

18. Vesuvius_SWIE

Woo, that is a first, I want to report this, any explanation on how you moved/detected that ended up there? Normally it wouldn't let you land on that hex.

19. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

It is the spotting thing, I spotted the class 7 while in the hex with the class 3, I immediately got stuck there, not able to move at all, even with 4 movement left. When I got to move on the next round, I "jumped" when I tried to move, to the space to the right where the debris is and started moving from that point.

I had been hiding behind the planet and as I came around spotted the class 3, about where my aft laser is on the screen shot. So I tried to move past the ship and got stuck when I spotted the class 7. The same bug from earlier builds, before you were removed back to original position, this time stuck on each other.

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

That's good enough detail to report, its one of the last funky bugs when it comes to movement/detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.