*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS III ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Suggestion:

Allow power configuration during free flight.

Create save slots (3? Science officer perk?) for power presets/quick allocation.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Can queue movement commands during (extremely long) firing animations and have errors with turning/backing/moving. They will play out of sequence.

Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire, while weapons are playing, back up, turn.

The turn will happen before the back, then you will straighten out as before and go back, no turn ever takes place visually.

The turn did happen on the server side, attempting to use weapons will produce invalid target error until you update your position.

Can observe a snap-to as you re-orient, updating to the server's information and move.

Seems to be a client-server desynch issue with some nasty side effects.

Just observed unexpected shield-arc being hit relative apparent position/orientation.

I know for a fact that I was not facing the way I appeared to be, so these two problems may be one and the same.

-If you can ever reproduce this, its an important ticket you can make on jira -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

'Insufficient power' upon trying to save my allocation... clearly had the power.

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Captain Diq and Captain Kok make me chuckle just a little.

SPiEkY and AmishJoe like this.
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Claimed full CP with last kill being a mine, 2 ships remaining on the field, zone was not locked.

It appears you have to end on a ship kill.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Some territories are not locking after recent capture. At least not per galaxy map display.

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Engineer repair skill isn't nearly as useful with repair supports.

Repair skill, damage boost, sensor boost, etc. All skills that give +static amount of bonus heavily favor one end of the spectrum or the other and should be made into scalar modifiers instead of the current static modifiers.

Examples:
    Very light ships that benefit extremely from power:movement will find sensor boost useful with 1 or 2 power saved (or additional 1-2 sensor range) allowing for up to 6.4 additional movement. Very large ships don't care about spending 2 power on their already long range sensors while sacrificing only a fraction of a movement point to do so.

12 repair points on a corvette is near or full-repair enabling. The same static 12 points for the upgrade on a near 200 hull are a drop in the bucket.

If sensor boost gave an increased capacity of 10 and 20% (in the case of Sol having 2 possible ranks, rounded up) sensor range but did NOT automatically grant the increased sensing without applied power, then it would be balanced across classes.

If Repair added 5, 10, 15, 20, 30% of hull (rounded up) as extra repair points on top of the base 1 or 2 (currently 2, you said it would be 1 later), it would be an appropriate amount regardless of class.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

If a shot hits 2 arcs, half of the damage should be split to either arc instead of full damage being reported on both and taken from one side.

Currently, both shields must be depleted before any hull damage is taken.

The arbitration of which surface takes the damage does have an effect on combat dynamics, so I figure the best thing to do would be to split the damage. The only question becomes 'what to do with half damages', well, track half hp's.

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Should display minutes/seconds at less than an hour. No need to say '0 hours'

-Made a ticket for it -Vesuvius

Attached Files:

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

PvP combat grants increased XP per hit as expected, but the kill bounty is the same as PvAI

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Power Boost is not applying correctly to the Colossus. At first, my reactor was red and stayed 150/150 as if damaged. Now I have 151 power as if it auto-repaired during some free flight/galaxy travel time.

It may resolve itself if I simply relog.

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Appears to be many tiles near small moon on G3215 that cannot be moved to as if the moon is out of place.

Players are also attacking me from heavily scanned tiles without warning and blinking out of existence. I know where they are and cannot see them. I also cannot move to that tile!

I can't target them either.

*Arms fully powered compliment of weapons all set to counter*

Ahahaha, took care of THAT problem!

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Moon on G3314 appears to be wrong size, cant approach one row of tiles.

-Will fix any map errors on my map editor, should reflect on the next update -Vesuvius

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Class XI Genari Defense Station gives zero CP, Class X gives 20.

Class XII also appears to give ~20

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Should tie map movement controls to arrow keys and make it so the map doesn't move around when using WASD (it doesn on the AD turns)

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Logha Destroyed. Must be selected, default sector gives error.

Cannot go to either alternate sector.

Cannot achieve Victory Conditions. Wanted to have fun with that while you were at Comicon :p

-Some of those bugs should be fixed soon, will be interesting to see if the homeworld is taken out. -Vesuvius

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

After destroying Logha, reinforcements kept arriving and full control reverted to Genari as soon as I returned to the area.

Attached Files:

18. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I've noticed that engine damage does not reflect on the new ship data. It will always show full power on enemy info when I know its been reduced.

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Crew too. Only Hull seems to update correctly for the most part.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Could you have it so that the lower Class ship goes first and if same Class, then... the ship that's been alive longest (most experienced crew, by purchase date/timestamp or # of battles or flight time)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.