*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if its working, but if a spawn zone is destroyed, it no longer can spawn/build ships in that region.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

A little update: The lead programmer Gedden has burned out a bit, he's 'resting' for Monday/Tuesday :(

3. gegener

gegener Member

i am back!
    hope the leader programmer will 'heal' as fast as the SOL crew (crazy too fast)

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What's wrong with this image :p
    Falsoe positions and actions.jpg

I'm actually on the other side of that piece of debris... my position was updated after the new round started.

-Yeah, that is the lag showing something differnt than the server -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
  5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Well, I said I was good at breaking things, and I tried my hardest:

The server didn't shut down :p
    Battling CXIII Home Station Destroyed.jpg

6. Vesuvius_SWIE

That station would have devastated you if it was firing all its weapons -- I'm guessing that it wasn't firing back properly?

7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Oh it was firing back :). I'm capable of sustaining a lot of dmg per turn. Factor in any misses and the numbers work out. Add in evasion talents instead of maneuvering for even greater tolerances (but then there are problems with power allocation and having enough mobility to dance in and out, I supposed I could have done it with only 3 MP using pass-turns and being in the right place at the right part of combat each round)

Part of my strategy is to fight like old tank warfare on the ground, close in on my turn when safe to do so (only to short range 4 hex, not 'close range' 2 hex) and fire for increased damage (+1 beam at short) and then back out before the enemy's turn for reduced damage taken if hit.

It took quite awhile to defeat this station due to the AI bugging out during power allocation phase (it still fired back anyway). I can imagine other players would make it much more difficult, requiring me to retreat to a safe range of 10 hex or more (missiles dont reach that far at all I believe and lasers aren't very accurate and only do normal damage beyond 4 hex).

Should I give you all of my secrets on how it's done? I don't like giving away intel openly considering competitors (friend and foe alike), but, you da man, so privately is fine. There is soooo much intel that can be gained just from this one picture, but not all of it :p

I observe and learn VERY quickly as you can see.

8. gegener

gegener Member

cant you attack the green zone with your god ship?:D

9. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I have taken on the green zone with a Class III, could capture zones, but was good for farming XP so I didn't want to :p

Biggest problem was the transit bug freezing up combat phases and having to quit and reload the game ><

would be dangerous with a large ship.

Might try it with a Colossus.

10. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Apex Predator likes this.
  11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Lies, that space station is no longer there :p

Just saw you in that sector and passed by, wondering what you were doing, lol. (Rofl, just saw my lightning bolt too, unfortunately sector was bugged with a 'stuck' enemy squashed in the corner)

That's an entirely different movement bug from the engine damage or misleading display/rounding.

It looked like you lost 2 every time an enemy/other unit took a turn.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  12. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

As I said, your movement magically disappears for no reason ^_^

13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Well, there are 3 minor to major problems with energy/movement that I know of now.

I'm left scratching my head on how to get the last 10,000 I need for a Colossus.

Going to have to push the field to the remaining stations that aren't destroyed ><

Are there any ranks after Rear Admiral?

14. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

Yes, at 250k xp...

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

After you are in at least a Class VI ship, the pirate missions send a Class V and Class IV ship at you each time, resulting in ~500xp each outing. It's not super fast, but it's faster than trying to clear the map.

Hive/Ma'Alaketh were good for xp farming, but Vesuvius upped the damage on their ships because those sections are somewhat bugged at the moment.

gegener likes this.
  16. gegener

gegener Member

ty for the tips!

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Coulda swore I tried that exact thing... The whole reason I stepped up to a Kumano was to test if AI opponents were increased and I didn't notice any changes.
    Edit: Yup, sure enough a IV and a V. They are worth about 40 and 240 on the kill + another 70 in damages (350).

Maybe I forgot to try a mission with it, but I'll certainly give it a go with the boss machine M3 :p

It IS possible to earn 200 xp/minute farming Ma'Alaketh.

I'm not to keen on having to use such a cheese strategy or constantly reloading the game to deal with the bugs though... but it is fun playing with such a dangerous foe.

It is possible to get alpha-strike and ko their engines or even 1-shot them, negating the threat of their 10x dmg weapons. Hive ships don't seem to suffer the same vulnerabilities as our engines.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Just wanted to say that I liked the effect of breaching a shield where shots go from impacting the edge of the hex where the shield is to reaching the hull of the ship :)

Noticed it when I started, but playing zoomed in so it looks neat.

19. Vesuvius_SWIE

Disappearing movement bug, AI engine damage allocation bug, these two things are pretty important to fix first.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Agreed, and it is not just engine damage allocation halting AI that is a problem with power management, it is also when the different parts of the power system are updated (or may be that entirely and the AI is trying to allocate more power than it has, everything gets shut down and reset to 0).

HK has a bug with his Levi where his MP is drained when any other unit moves?!

The display will show full available power after repairing engines, but on the back end, you do not have full power yet for that turn and attempting to distribute all of it will result in an error and having your orders revoked, severely crippling your turn.

Positive note: 4 ship chain reaction of destruction, it was glorious.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.