*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilgeek

Devilgeek Member

It's really not too bad... Try losing a Class X with a fully upgraded crew, basically multiplying that number by 10, aka 14400 per crew, and a total of 57600 (because there are only 4 crew members, not 5)

2. gegener

gegener Member

too much finger I need to cup one ^^

i dont think the class X is a good choise compare to the class IX but i need to try them to be sure ^^

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

No credits returned on death.

Stuck unable to do anything with 3 LP

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Crippling AI's engine (possibly reducing power to zero) causes problems with AI during Allocation phase making them unable to allocate power and 'end phase', resulting in waiting for the entire Allocation timer to expire before combat proceeds.

5. gegener

gegener Member

cant enter the galawy when i do the enter i have the message : you are queued for the map and nothing...
    i was running after xeen before i choose to returun to dock for change class of ship and this message come on the map where i dock

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I don't want to get stuck with no LP to buy a ship again :p

I saw your chat, but coming from many years of PvP, better to be safe first then talk later

7. gegener

gegener Member

hawk, amishjoe and valhalla can confirm i test without killing big ship of player (and i wait the other do same about me :p)
    still in queue for enter galaxy :'(
    why do we have to enter in a map before enter in the galaxy?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was able to fire a damaged laser (wasn't repaired)
    Noted energy was not refunded/remained allocated.

9. gegener

gegener Member

yes when you have a damaged sheild or weapon there is no refund energi from them

still in queue for enter galaxy :'(
    cant play:mad:

-At this point, I think its best to uninstall-reinstall game, I might have to reset your character if nothing else works. I wonder what bug is making that happen. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
  10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I guess you are slightly worse off than I was stuck with 3 LP and no ship ><

That problem has been remedied now btw.

Apex Predator likes this.
  11. gegener

gegener Member

nobody can enter my account and try to understand before i uninstall?

there is some GEN(or some sol player to enter the zone for try) player who can go on the map where you can dock near s-808? its a big yellow spot on the map near the s-808

12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

OMG a zone with 22 0 heavy mines in it!

Just had that weird bug where I move and don't move (or teleport and move the plotted course with the destination as the origin?!) and MP was consumed... I've been eyeing this bug for awhile.

Edit: And an Apex Predator

13. gegener

gegener Member

name of the zone?

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

You tryin' ta kill me like this other guy?! Goway!

Ooohh... so that's what mines do :p

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There is a problem when on the borders of a sector where you are shot from an angle (in this picture fore/port fore) and hit on an unexpected surface (starboard fore).
    Additional suggestion, have damages absorbed by shield be blue colored numbers (possibly a poor choice due to background contrast, may need some aid) while damage to hull remains red. Also, could have hex side/shield arc indicator remain blue if the shield is still holding and turn red if the shield is depleted.
    Arc Hit Border Bug.jpg

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There are problems with line of sight and passage. Sometimes you can dive under certain obstacles? and ALWAYS go right under an enemy ship to easily turn around and shoot it in the rear for 5 or 6 mobility! Branching off on that last point: You should not be able to do this so easily. Something needs to be done in the way of tactics and preventing ships from travelling right past you either via adjacent hex or directly under/through (possibly risking automatic retaliation/free shots?) It seems so cheap to be able to fly right through a target, about face, and blow out unshielded engines. There are also problems with the wasd activated movement and click-to-move commands (you have to use a wasd first before click command becomes enabled? and then it is possible to lose mouse movement command if you do certain things, requiring wasd input again?). Fog of War Bug.jpg
    In the image above, newly created debris (2 hex off the port fore) can still be seen through normally, fired through, and moved through.
    Fog of War Bug 2.jpg
    In this second shot, I have no eyes on the other side of the debris and should not be able to detect enemies on solid white tiles (white tile = line of sight obstructed and no vision of target should exist, not grey tiles 'out of sensor range but previously scanned and remained in line of sight'). The ability to see (with the exception of targets remaining visible likely because they hadn't moved yet) and move through the debris normally was correct in this turn after the previous shot was taken

-Some things that are not bugs: You can go 'through' an enemy ship, its a legal move, and though for faster ships this is viable, you'll see with destroyers & onward its not a good idea. Right now most players come close to each other and have these 'punching' matches, but in advanced gaming that will become a bad idea. Also, explosion damage is currently reduced -- it would become worse in real game... so you wouldn't want to blast an enemy so close (risk/reward for increased accuracy). A hex is essentially 1000km, so you should be able to pass across your enemy. Also, newly created debris from ships can be fired through/detected through & flown through, as it if was a viable ship. -Vesuvius

17. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

There seems to be a general problem of when various elements of the game are updated (lack of update at proper time - the moment something changes) and accurately reflected in the game world/UI (debris, LP, XP, power management/allocation, etc.)

-Yes, this will continue to be worked on and improved on -- it definitely has been better than what it was even two weeks ago. -Vesuvius

18. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Lol sry I was trying to leave but couldn't so I logged. I saw you popping mines, wasn't gonna take you on.

19. Apex Predator

Apex Predator New Member

Noticed that too.

20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Through the use of the 5 Accuracy talents on the Weapons Officer, it is possible to achieve 96% (or so the tooltip says) accuracy at 4 to 6 range with the right weapon (High base accuracy like the ones on the Liverpool). However, accuracy is reduced to 95% at 1 to 3 range after having moved closer to the target~!

96 To Hit.jpg

Below is an image of a mouse-hover bug that allows you to see where a target went after it leaves your line of sight (not the best example, but it works). Simply point your mouse over the tile where an enemy was locked and leave it there as it takes its turn (may need to move if the enemy AI is inching towards you), then after it is done firing, continue to hover mouse on last known location. You then get to track exactly where it went...
    Hover Detection 2.jpg

-Hmm... that is a nasty exploitation bug, will be an important fix. -Vesuvius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.