*** CLOSED BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS II ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

No, actually I meant with a corvette with 50 60 70+ movement points, you dont have enough time to move around a crowded map (like with defense drones/mines + AI) as well as fire weapons AND escape to a known safe location.

Firing all weapons actually isn't that bad as you can Queue all commands by simply hitting hotkeys and clicking, even so much as to rotate your ship and fire them accordingly.... but then the port side weapons can finally start firing after your fore weapons finish sequencing.... having already turned to starboard side and fired those weapons, now sitting and watching.

Movement is extremely time consuming, weapons are somewhat excessive.

2. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Still sitting here for a minute waiting for Director to send more defenders ><

Ain't no 10-20 seconds!

Getting the ~1 minute (or whatever it is) 5 capture points for sitting here quite often, not always between each spawn though.

-Yeah, the director has slowed down on sending AI defenders. I sort of don't mind that much though, because the AI is supposed to be 'filler' and not critical for the maingame. Since there's only a few testers, the AI becomes very important for XP -- but with even 100 players upon release there would be more than enough activity to keep people occupied. -Vesuvius

3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Now almost instant as nearing capture..... sometimes??

Sometimes 60+ seconds, sometimes I cant even watch the explosion before another one is interrupting my free flight and new combat begins.

- I wonder if that just happens to be a random coincidence, or nearing capture pushes more AI defenders. If that is so, its pretty cool, but I don't think the programmers made the AI directors that advanced. -Vesuvius

4. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Yep, expected that much.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

The absolutely fastest ships are going to be those 21 power Corvettes -- that's 42 movement points (but that is if you don't charge anything lol). How do you get something that has 50+ movement points? Yes, I know certain skills would give you that potential, but that would be a tremendous amount of investment of officer skills for a Corvette. Again, in the maingame it wouldn't be that way, since you'd need to gain a significant amount of combat sorties to upgrade the skills to those levels; and you'd be playing humans working together against you, not dumb AI coming in one at a time.
    I'm playing the 21 power Mendi, and I get more than enough time to move/fire/scan/evade etc...

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sorties aside, it can and will be done. Cost is no object when considering getting the best you can get! This is also why I think Genari are so shitty when looking at the Sol Class X. Pound for pound, player for player, Genari has nothing that can compare. ESPECIALLY if zones will be player limited to such low numbers as 3 vs 3, the Colossus packs so much more power per unit space than the Levi. I don't always present my arguments fully or in a way that everyone can understand, but these are some of the thoughts behind what I say. Yes, I know it is in lore that Genari are technologically inferior and the Leviathan is a failed attempt... However, they have no different strength to really play to, no different but equally powerful style/tactic/compensation.

Power Boost 20 or 21 (Genari or Sol's best) to 26 or 28 respectively.

You now have 52 or 56 movement, then modified by 60% maneuvering for a maximum potential of 83 or 89 movement points!

Believe me, my whole argument about a fleet of 6 corvettes controlled by 2 players taking out a Dread was based on this extreme mobility + firepower bonuses and other stacking skills that are just all too effective and impossible to stop.

I can run my corvette at 20+ power remaining for 64+ movement points easily!

I've since learned how damage modifiers stack... so

Agile Flier totaing 3x 2dmg beams + 2 dmg from officer is 4 per beam + 1 range bonus after overload if applicable.

An overload can do 4 x4 dmg or 16 dmg +1 from range = 17
    The other 2 weapons can do 2 +2 +1 dmg each = additional 10

27 dmg on first turn
    15 dmg on second turn of alpha strike after turn ordering through passing and highest initiatives

combined 42 damage per ship x 3 per player = 126 dmg per player max potential

2 players each flying 3 corvettes, 252 damage output.

A Colossus has 184 hull, even assuming it got to use its 20 shielding just right TWICE, it now has 224 max damage sustain, throw in 12 repair points for best possible scenario in favor of the Colossus, its at 236.

252 > 236 with enough room to spare for baiting counter fire if necessary (just attack from rear... no weapons) and the occasional miss at 95% chance to hit.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Forgot to stress how much it matters when there are dozens of targets causing you to stop while having high mobility. It takes up an enormous portion of your 60 seconds combat timer and can be lethal on egress.

-Maybe a captain skill on boosting your timer? haha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  8. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Who did the warp sound when jumping out of a sector? Love it.

Just never said so before :)

-I had a bunch of concept sounds for the warpout effects, picked my favorites. I especially like the Ion Drive warpout sound. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  9. Vesuvius_SWIE

-Take 5 of these supercorvettes, pick any map, then get 3 strategically placed human enemies (Light Cruiser +) and you'll see a dead corvette mess (and oooh the XP and time they burned on developing them). -Vesuvius

10. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Why are Sol stations only worth 11 xp ??

-A bug then, because the XP of a 'Vesuvius' class X station for example, is 7k XP -- so destroying it would theoretically give you 700 (let alone the damage XP). -Vesuvius

11. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

What is the light cruiser's movement ratio?

Isn't it like 3 or 4 power :1 MP?

The best they can do with ~50 power is around 15 movement points, add in power boost for 65 power, thats about 20 MP and 60% brings it to around 32 absolute max movement with a maximum initiative of around .... 20 or so, lets shoot high at 30 with all talents and power boost.

Edit: 3:1 power to movement, at best they can have 60 base power + 18 from PB5, 78/3 = 26 base movement +60% = 41 (41.6) maximum movement points. Attempting to charge weapons sufficiently for 14 damage will greatly reduce movement and initiative (which is already impossible to beat).

I run a corvette at 40 initiative or higher without the initiative skills (factored in above) because they are not working. AF passive is +2 initiative, Rally and other passives are even more init/movement and damage, which I did not factor in!!!

I get to go first. I see light cruisers that I can down in a single turn. I know how many, and I know where they are (on the edge of the map somewhere, possibly even given away during transit) Guess what happens!!

Bring on your cold war of logic :)

Defense cruisers have around 70 maximum damage sustained across a 2-turn alpha strike. In a single turn its around 55 or 60.

Player for player, 3 corvettes can dish out 81 damage in a single turn (granted you cannot go below increments of 5).

Any one light cruiser is dead on the first round. If you decide to go for a double-up, you can then take out 2.

Your best bet at battling a super-corv army? your own super-corv army and higher initiative.

Nothing beats them :p

PS - If you have your light cruisers stacked on each other with that tactical placement skill, guess what happens when one goes boom with a 60 dmg reactor right next to another one(s). C C C C COMBO PLAY! Chain reaction style.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

C'mon V, bring your Class X Colossus vs me in a corvette and see what happens. Bring any ship you want besides another corvette :p

It's 3 supercorvettes per player btw (5 made no sense).

Assuming you bring 3 light cruisers (that's the max right? you can get 3 ships up to class 6 or 2 class 7/8 or 1 class 9/10 depending on commander/fleet skills) and you have spent astronomically more time and points to purchase + train crew...

Do you really want to be guaranteed to instantly lose one of them or more if someone stacks their turn order, possibly all 3 if they are in reactor range of each other?

I'll take you on with just 1 :) 1v1 (again, you can pick anything other than a corvette)

Currently operating at 50 initiative (no skills working) and 80 movement points.

Should have another 8 initiative with skills (or close to it) and ship passive and another +2 dmg to all weapons if Rally was working as well as 5 more MP (for one turn, but hey thats still huge)

-Don't forget counterfire, though I understand that there are ships without weapons in all arcs, and your opponent might just bring his own supercorvette to counter you. -Vesuvius

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  13. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

This is what happens when the director sends Class III corvettes for 2 CP at a time.... you see just how 'random' the spawn in system is (usually within 1 arc/quadrant/corner of the map) Hunting Random 25 Corvettes.jpg

-I think this is now fixed with my bug report I sent about a week ago with the new patch. -Vesuvius

14. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Funny bug... since I had vision range on all the remaining 'spawn in' tiles, nothing spawned for a round, then when I cleared out, presto.

Oh and there you go, me running at medium power (best performance curve) showing 44 initiative and 70 movement.

Can do more with working skills/innates.

15. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

And that's just the smaller defense station right? The bigger ones are much more XP.

Seemed like each hit, regardless of magnitude (possibly? hard to tell from attacker's end), and the destruction of the station was yielding 11 xp as if there was some weird cap going on.

16. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was reading the tutorial info:

Seems like Genari regular lasers only get +1 dmg at 1 range and Sol plasma get +2 at 1-2 or +1 at 3-4. I don't recall any 'heavy lasers' or anything that gets a damage bonus of +3 at any range or anything with any bonus out to 6 hex.

-Genari Heavy lasers do +1 for 3-4, and +2 for 1-2 range. Its the heavy plasmas the push the +3. (Now, there is the Mal particle beam that goes as high as +5, but its irrelevant for now). -Vesuvius

17. Vesuvius_SWIE

New update to the server!

-Sol Beam & Missile drones are now active, firing back at Genari scum!
    -Player’s ability to purchase ships higher than Frigate class now properly require the Captain's Warship, Capital Ship, and Battleship Commander skills.
    -Engine health status will now update for each repair point used instead of only when a minimum of 2 repair points are used.
    -The Skill Tactical Advantage will now correctly increase a ship’s initiative.
    -The Skill Range Boost will now correctly increase the firing distance of a ship’s weapons.
    -Repair Points can no longer be accidentally spent on ship systems that aren’t damaged.
    -The Bengbu V ship will now appear with the correct skin in the Shipyard.
    -The Ship Details screen will no longer show icons for systems the ship doesn't have.
    -An AI ship will no longer wait out the entire Allocation Phase if it has taken engine damaged.
    -The spawn points in-combat for a sector are now randomly chosen along the border of a sector instead of being based on the travel trajectory on the Galaxy Map.
    -At beginning of combat the player’s ship will now be automatically selected.
    -The game now correctly checks line of sight to the target before attacking to prevent ships from firing through obstacles they shouldn’t.
    -Fixed a bug that prevented players from entering into sectors after they killed a Malaketh or Hive ship.
    -Fixed a bug where weapon accuracy was not correctly being calculated for even numbered hexes between attacker and target.
    -Siege points for a map are now based on the size of the map.
    -Siege points earned for killing Drones and Mines has been reduced from 5 to 2.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Sounds awesome!

19. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

I dont recall seeing any 'heavy' type weapons.

Edit: Nope, not seeing any 'heavy'

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  20. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

+1 for shipyard color coding and captain skill requirements

WTB "Rally skill is now correctly working"

There's no button for it in combat.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.