BRING BACK,,,, command of fleets by support ship

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by ben, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ben

ben Member

The development of teams that can share the load across the time zones, could benefit greatly.

I would really like to play a support role in teaching tactics and stuff and helping new players survive,

The best way to do that is from a support ship accompanied by other support and combat ai.

Not having to engage every turn in active battle choices would greatly allow this to happen

The minds of some players will be greatly enriched, and the surivability of players in many battles will be increased.

The tender xp gain may then still be there, but can easily be dislodged by active players, and anyone growing stong via this technique would lose much needed battle expertise.

So this idea and return to support ships been able to command a fleet, will not be for every-one, but we should have.

It will assist the development of certain ships that have been ignored, but are needed now.

It will greatly assist new players against superior odds or high ranked players, if a dedicated pilot is able to use this previous ability.

I am unlikely to play as often as i have been, because that would be ,,,,well,,,,, just too much.
    But i would love been able to come back into game and onto maps and really contribute to overall game experience.

if y, can, when ya ,can, if its not too hard. or has something i cant see.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Hey Drop, that feature did exist, but it became abused, as players would fly in with tenders, then use their AI to attack -- and abuse the healing XP as well as many other ways of abuse. With some new features (Like 4 faction limit sectors only allowing Class 3 ships) the newbie friendliness/training will only improve.

3. Locke

Locke New Member

random thought just popped into my head and of course it would be something that would have to be done much later down the road...But what if you made a new set of skills that pertained to the support class. There are currently 3 support ships on each side. I would like to see more in the future but lets take what we have atm for an example. If you started off with the t4 tender then you would get lets say support exp . And in order to fly higher tiered support ships you would have to have support exp to purchase them with. And the support ships can only have other support ships following them...no allowing combat ships to follow you. Support ships officers would also be unique in that they provide more support bonuses depending on the ship. As I said this idea just popped into my head and I don't have any details figured it out. But it would be nice to kind of choose which you wanted to specialize in...either support or combat. Anyone can dip into either path but the higher ships of either class would be only available to those that went all in on one or the other. If a team wants the best heals it has to come from a player that does nothing but specializes in support ships. I like options and I think this would provide a little more but like I said haven't worked out any details and obviously it would be way down the road if it did ever come to pass

4. ben

ben Member

you've added a gun to the benevolance,,,so the issue is now fixed, and a support player who has seen its value, in the later stages of game, may also now use this ship with out ridicule. I hope something was done for the troop ship.

case closed,,,, haha.