Beta access? (

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by The Calamity, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Coser

Coser Active Member

Potkeny is correct. I believe Vesuvuis intends to invite as many people as possible, I doubt he will have much trouble finding 50 willing and active volunteers on this forum. I would imagine that he would prefer people who have been active, maybe though provoking, and people who have shown a definite interest in the game, and have had something constructive to say over people that have registered, just posted in the welcome thread, and then sat back and done nothing since.

SPiEkY and The Calamity like this.
  2. mahvia

mahvia New Member

Seems legit..

3. Tchey

Tchey New Member

Well, to be fair, there is nothing much we can do without a first playtest. We have some very basic informations, some faction's description, some gameplay hints... but not much to build opinion on.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member

Now, when you say "posted here", do you mean, like, here - this thread - or do you mean the forums in general?

I ask because I was refraining from posting in this thread, not wanting to look too desperate to play, but, realistically, I'm pretty damn anxious to see this game.

So, I guess the purpose of this post is to make sure that I have a post in this thread, just in case that was the criteria.

5. SirElric

SirElric Member

I on the other hand don't mind waiting until the game is fully ready, so I don't need to be on the early playtest. I'm assuming like in the Heroes of Might and Magic online internal beta it wasn't a permanent server, and so all your records and achievements get wiped out anyway when the real stuff begins. So I'm fine waiting till mid march or whenever the public release is.

6. n3m3515

n3m3515 New Member

Hello,
    Just signed up for beta and got the link from a friend on steam. Will the beta also be accessible on steam or only the full version upon release in March? Are there other platforms maybe for the beta?
    Thanks.

7. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Beta will be accessible on Steam, both in PC and Mac. Even the insider pre-beta starting Feb 1st will be through Steam.

Invites will come in to players who not just post here, but those who are generally active in the forum, and those who signed up for the beta, as well as kickstarter backers. As much as it may seem that there will be hordes of players interested in the pre-beta starting Feb 1st, most will want to join up once the game is truly ready. A lot of features/functions will not be there (and the universe map is smaller) for the pre-beta. Its more for players to populate the server and participate in bug testing (especially when there's players en masse -- since all sorts of bugs may pop up on 'what happens when there are a dozen players in a combat zone' etc...).

The Calamity and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Tchey

Tchey New Member

Could you avoid this in any kind of com, PC =/= Windows please ?

9. n3m3515

n3m3515 New Member

@Vesuvius_SWIE
    Thank you for the clarifications.
    Looking forward to it.

10. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I'll be ready to play in march :)

11. Cromgore

Cromgore New Member

Is there a certain post criteria to be met to get an invite to the early feb pre-beta?

12. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

No post criteria, but the first invites will be off this board, early February, and then the rest will be those who signed up for early access beta (that 'sign up for beta' on the mainpage of spacewars.com)
    Just understanding that the game isn't finished during this period, and its more to populate the server and work out the bugs that will occur when a horde of players are on the server. Right now its been no more than 6 or 7 players fooling around on battle maps and playing like we're having 'LAN parties'.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Specia

Specia New Member

I've never signed up for a beta until now. I'm a software engineer and I'm looking forward to have a testing experience in a game.

14. dxr250

dxr250 New Member

The sooner we can get a taste the better.... I dont really mind the bugs i will encounter in Beta version, thats only logical to happen. Important will be also everyone that plays the beta to report bugs right away to support to help them to have it ready for all as fast as possible... Lets not forget the objective of beta testing here ;-)

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Coser

Coser Active Member

Well said!

As eager as I am to start playing, I am doing so to smooth out the experience at the full launch, not so I can get a jump on some else whom I probably don't even know.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Markoth

Markoth Member

Super excited to see this launch. As a star wars/sci-fi nut with a Poxnora addiction this gae should be a blast.

wolf and SPiEkY like this.
  17. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

it def will be!

18. CpZen

CpZen Member

So any of you been invited yet?

19. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I am playing it right now.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY Member