A radical suggestion to address turn times

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Marksteele, Dec 9, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this system over the current single-turn system?

1. No, I prefer the current system

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes, but only for 26v26 battles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, for all battles

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Marksteele

Marksteele New Member

So the biggest complaint I've seen by far in this game is the almost unbearably long turn times. I feel like this will only get worse as the 10v10 and 26v26 sectors become more active.

To address this, I want to propose a specific simultaneous turn mode that would allow for faster game progression while still creating a layer of strategy.

The crux of this proposal is to split turns into three distinct phases;
    1: The existing Allocation Phase. There would be no changes from the current game.

2. The Move Phase: In this phase, all players lay down a movement track based on their movement count. At the end of this phase, all players will complete their movement with tile conflicts going to the player with the higher initiative. The added strategy here is predicting where enemies will move based on scouting Intel and making sure that you don't leave yourself vulnerable to flanking.

3. Action phase: Each player inputs actions and the actions are executed based on initiative. Escaping the sector would also be considered an action.

While this would be a somewhat radical change to how the game currently works, I believe that it would be far more manageable for gamers who can't play one session for over an hour.