1xp per mission?

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Rafkin, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Rafkin

Rafkin New Member

I feel like I'm missing something. It takes 1000 xp to level and each mission is only 1xp. Is there a better way to get xp?

Should I be looking for border skirmishes with a start ship?

How do you get credits to upgrade ships?

2. AmishJoe

AmishJoe Member

Yes Rafkin, missions are more of an advanced tutorial. Fighting live players will give you more xp, as well as capturing sectors. Fighting AI ships along the border will give you xp, but not as much as live people.

Ma'Alaketh and Hive are not currently conquerable and those ships do 10x normal damage. Normally one shot kills. Not wise to stray into there.

3. Rafkin

Rafkin New Member

Thank you for the info

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yes, best to fight at borders, even AI is decent XP. And usually a live player will join in from either side when they see activity on the border. You should have as much as 1000 credits in your account when you started.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Also: I had the programmers add bonus XP just now for completion of a mission, making it more worthwhile for starting players.

6. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Active Member

Was wondering the same thing last night.

Missions seem to spawn a Class II when engaged by a Class III starter/corvette, worth 1xp.

I'm guessing the completion bonus update hasn't been pushed to live yet, perhaps today?