3D SHIP VIEWER!

Discussion in 'Media & Updates' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I'm excited to announce the ship viewer, which contains most of the ships we've developed so far. It allows you to zoom in, rotate, and examine the ship in full detail if you like. Resolutions over 2.5K, and high res textures.

You can download it here, or click on the image below:

shipviewer.jpg
    I'd like the community here to take a screenshot of their favorite ship/angle with the program and post it here!

There is also a lower res online version of the viewer, with just a few ships to look at here.

SirSprout likes this.
  2. J.Sousa

J.Sousa New Member

Picture1.jpg There's too many ships I like here. I can't pick them all but since I'd probably start with that Mendi ship (and I like the looks!) I took two shots of it.
    Picture2.jpg

NightWolf and SirSprout like this.
  3. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

yamma.jpg Yamato! Imagine warping in with this!

Coser, NightWolf and SirSprout like this.
  4. Ereinion

Ereinion Member

when looking at the puritan (sol/class2), there seems to be something wrong with the engines and some lights. They hang somewhere above the spacecraft, but are not attached to it.
    But, all in all it is just beautiful looking at this

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. Coser

Coser Active Member

Going to have to download this tonight - if I can. Those pictures look amazing and I want to run a few sets up on my desktop as a screensaver.

6. CpZen

CpZen Member

aaaa.jpg The Interdictor TYPE II. Rotating it just right, you can get good reflections off the tentacle patterns on the wings.

7. Kahless

Kahless Member

Honor bound corvette for my starter ship! I like the interdictor too!
    honor.jpg

Coser, NightWolf and SirSprout like this.
  8. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

Right to the top! THE NOVA BATTLESHIP
    Imagine this thing coming for you (and I imagine its massive)
    nova.jpg

NightWolf likes this.
  9. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I have a thing for this hive creature. From this angle it almost seems like its looking at you, and it just might be friendly lol
    creature.jpg

Coser and NightWolf like this.
  10. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Indeed there are a few that have the engines misplaced somewhat. The ships are all 'modular', as in the varieties of weapons, engines and sensors are actually visibly distinct, so you can actually tell when a Type II ship for example, has a different engine than a Type I. In this viewer, the engines are mounted, but the weapons and sensors were not (it would make the downloadable program even larger in size, and I wanted to keep it at 500k).

11. Hexxx

Hexxx Member

a.jpg I could post the bigger cruiser, but I think even this class 2 maalaketh ship is nice. I cropped/sharpened/brightened the image however.

Coser, NightWolf and SPiEkY like this.
  12. JansenC

JansenC Member

I've taken a liking to the industrial-looking Gorshkov Frigate (Class IV). The type 2 or 3 (I forget) the one with the Russian Star and red lines is my personal favorite.
    1sol.jpg

13. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

I'll post it then; its my favorite. It looks like a sword in space.

Picture1.jpg

14. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

00orch.jpg This would be my starter ship. In a way, it looks fast, especially from the rear. Reminds me of a drag racer (don't ask why)
    00rfc.jpg

15. Lesiak

Lesiak Member

Ops forgot to say what it is, its the Orchis Class III Corvette Type II

16. NightWolf

NightWolf Member

Now that I can view/rotate the ships up close, I have a few favorites. I picked one sol and one genari:
    kumano.jpg
    The kumano which would be my goal to get to for sol
    guardian.jpg
    The guardian which is also a class 6 light cruiser which would be my genari goal

Coser likes this.
  17. Warshoe

Warshoe Member

Picture1.jpg
    Destroyer: Leningrad (Specifically my favorite being the blue or red one type II & III) is my current favorite. It looks brutal and very paladin-like.

18. SirElric

SirElric Member

star.jpg
    The greenskin StarFire Heavy Cruiser. I doubt I'll ever level up high enough for this ship but this is my pick right now.

19. SirSprout

SirSprout New Member

I wish we could have a varied selection of starfields or planets in the background like I've seen in the game screenshots. My starter ship would definitely be the Agile Flyer.
    afafa.jpg

20. Kuwanger

Kuwanger New Member

ggg.jpg The cruiser with the stinger...