SpaceWars Kickstarter Launched!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Coser

Coser Active Member

For me, not so much. This will be my 12th campaign backed. I have everything from all of them EXCEPT the stuff promised by Palladium Books in their Robotech RPG Tactics campaign. That was my 5th campaign backed, supposed to be delivered in December 2013, still waiting for anything more than a decal sheet at the moment. I find the smaller companies, using Kickstarter to do what it is supposed to be used for, have a much bigger investment in the product.

Definitely in for the ride, no matter how long it takes, I want a copy of this game. All the best, Vesuvius.

2. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

If the kickstarter fails, I still plan on launching the game in January. If anything, it would be set back for no more than a month. The Kickstarter unique skins/ships would end up becoming paid variants in-game.

Tchey likes this.
  3. Coser

Coser Active Member

Great plan.

Definitely in it for the long haul then.

4. Tchey

Tchey New Member

I was checking the Kickstarter and i was worrying about this. Glad it's still coming. At least the current backers might easily spend the same amount of money straight into the game "soon".

5. SirElric

SirElric Member

I'm happy to hear that it won't affect the launch of the game. I'm still hoping that it makes it to 40k :)

6. sokolov

sokolov Moderator

If you guys haven't been posting to social media and other forums already and spreading the word, now would be the time to do so to help the Kickstarter to succeed :)

7. The_HighPri3st

The_HighPri3st New Member

I want this game to get funded! Snagging a $10 copy of this is a steal from the looks of it. I haven't played a turned based strategy game in ages and never one with such wonderful looking graphics.

8. Coser

Coser Active Member

$8.5K required with 53 hours to go. We could actually make it! That would be wonderful!

9. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

I hadn't donated until just now. I couldn't afford too much though.

10. Vesuvius_SWIE

So I did close the kickstarter, it was sort of close, but not enough to meet the goal. However, with everyone who did back the game, I'm still rewarding them something relative to what they pledged (even though they aren't getting charged anything thru kickstarter). This was my post on the site:

The SpaceWars Kickstarter is going to close... but do not despair!

We Still Want to Thank the Supporters with In-Game Rewards...
    With less than 2 days remaining, unfortunately the game will not be meeting its $40k goal. We are about 3/4 of the way there, but there is not enough time to surpass the milestone to make this Kickstarter successful (especially with Thanksgiving and Black Friday as our last two days!).

However, we still want to give out some rewards just for pledging, even though with a cancelled Kickstarter there are no charges to your account.

Those of you who pledged $1-$30, we still plan on giving you a Kickstarter skin of choice:

• Genari Honor Bound Corvette
    • Genari Battalion Frigate
    • Sol Mendi Corvette
    • Sol Gorshkov Frigate
    Those of you who pledged over $30, can get a Kickstarter unique ship of choice:
    • Genari Predator Frigate
    • Sol Halifax Frigate
    Contact me (Vesuvius) via messaging on Kickstarter or even better: Visit our FORUM and post/contact/private message me there to give me your email info so I can send you the special code you'd need to get the in-game reward when the game launches.

[​IMG]
    We are continuously working the game, even on the holiday.
    So yes, SpaceWars is still slated to launch in January, maybe slightly delayed by a few weeks because of the Kickstarter that did not reach its goal.

[​IMG]
    There is no Turn-Based ship to ship Tactical Combat Game out there... yet.
    Happy Holidays, and I will be available for questions and such on the SpaceWars Forum.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

By the way, since its being asked, these are the skin/unique ship options for the backers:
    skin.jpg
    unique.jpg

12. Potkeny

Potkeny Member

I have used the "Remind me 48h before the end" feature of kickstarter, backed it today, ~5 minutes later it's canceled and I got a "free" skin... Well, that was "lucky" I guess... still sad that you had to cancel it :(

13. Vesuvius_SWIE

Yeah, mostly a PR decision -- because supposedly a 'failed kickstarter' tag is much worse than a 'cancelled kickstarter' tag. I don't think there was any way of getting that extra 10k in 40 hours.

14. Nanitudine

Nanitudine New Member

I am sad you "failed" the task, but happy you keep going on with the project and the imminent launch in january.

Now it is very hard choice between the two ships :p

15. Coser

Coser Active Member

Nah, just get one with the free code you will be provided, buy the other once the game has launched. That's what I plan on doing with the skins anyway [buying them once the game is live], and I hope that Vesuvius will allow that for the ships too. I must find a way to pay him as much as I had pledged, probably a lot more over time.

16. Nanitudine

Nanitudine New Member

I think they will be aviable only for the kickstarter via code

17. xlnt

xlnt New Member

Hi all,
    i joined the forums after the mail from Vesuvius about the Kickstarter campain. I'll try to be more active here and help bring the game alive - love TBStrategies.

18. Coser

Coser Active Member

I think Vesuvius would be wise to consider selling them at some future point. It looks like he's done the hard work already, and I certainly wouldn't complain - it would be a good way of supporting the game without giving KS 10% of the funds!

19. Lepakko

Lepakko New Member

Damn i was planning join the kickstarter at last day. Then the moment i was going to get in.. it was closed. Shame, but will support the game other way then.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. ShadowJudge

ShadowJudge Member

I put in $25 so I'm happy I'm still getting my Sol Mendi and Gorskhov skins :p