The Spacewars book!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junpine, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Junpine

Junpine New Member

I'd really like to know more about the novel, I know the details I read from the website about the three storylines being worked on. I have also read the first part of what seems to be the origin story of the Sol Imperial Worlds character.
    http://media.wix.com/ugd/266363_a2c71dcfb7254866b6cf41374c620c4c.pdf <-- I hope its ok that I'm linking it here!
    Is there a way we could get more pages of this chapter, or other chapters?
    Also Vesuvius, are you writing it completely yourself, or do you have ghost writers etc.?
    The Lore is very interesting, and if anything if you could flesh out, I'm curious.

2. Kahless

Kahless Member

I'm interested in knowing more too. Especially the Genari story.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

I'm doing the writing on my own, but I've been writing since high school. The first two parts of this novel (3 parts total) has taken two years to write properly, so I still have some ways to go with the last portion. Right now I'm just proofreading and re-editing the first two parts. Once I'm fully satisfied, I will start working on part3.

The novel ties in with the backstory of the game, and in a unique way, also covers a lot of the ships that are in the game, along with 'first person perspective' on being a captain on those ships. The maneuvers and tactics they pull in the story could very easily be recreated in-game.

I can't release anything else until I'm satisfied with the work, and its been proofread by others. There's a lot of discerning readers out there that can tear every aspect of the story/writing/style apart.

The long term goal is to have single player campaigns one day that follow the novel, in a format similar to the campaigns you see in the game Homeworld.

Zuuwly and Moe Reyes like this.
  4. SirElric

SirElric Member

Looking forward to it.

5. Junpine

Junpine New Member

Like Elric, thank you Vesuvius. Looking forward to the story.

6. Junpine

Junpine New Member

Bump, will the book come with the game launch? I enjoy original sci-fi.

7. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Any update possible on the book/books?

8. Vesuvius_SWIE

Actually its coming really soon on Amazon KDP, though only on hardcopy first until some of the copyrights are set in with the SpaceWars IP.

9. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Awesome - Pls let us know when they are published

Though i am not sure if hardcopy is a good choice since it has a high overhead cost and no way to know if it is gonna sell.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  10. Vesuvius_SWIE

So I'm ready to hand out some hardcopy books to hardcore players (there's not charge for it, its sent for free), so just private message me about it.

11. Vesuvius_SWIE

12. Baalrog

Baalrog Member

Nice - cant wait

wolf likes this.
  13. Kahless

Kahless Member

Thnkx for the book. The Genari chapters are the best IMHO. The book is well written overall and I really like all the characters in the book, but Yandar's story is amazing. Just need to get chapter 7 thru 9, don't be a Gorge Lucas!

14. Junpine

Junpine New Member

Thanks for the book. Just got it on Friday. I’m happy to be one of the first to read it.