Returning Player question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Calamity, Apr 4, 2018.

1. The Calamity

The Calamity Member

Permadeath still a thing?

and does player progression get wiped after each map reset?

this was a huge problem for me personally, i'm all for map reset, but my ships that one has spent on time on, cant even keep those either..whats the point of reaching top level ships if one cant even enjoy it for the duration of the game. a complete 100% server reset every time a side wins is going to keep this game from blowing up.

2. Zer0CoolAZ

Zer0CoolAZ Administrator Staff Member

So your suggestion is to allow the players who reached class 9 and 10 ships to get to keep them right out the gate of a new server? That seems like it will spell out certain disaster. Think of this in a sense like a more niche version of an RTS type of game. Each time the map ends, you start all over again and progress through the tech tree. Except that here, a map can last weeks to months whereas the other would maybe push 3 hours. You get to play out your ship(s) for a good while. No permadeath does not exist anymore, it was replaced with cooldown timers for pretty much every ship except your free class 3 corvette.

3. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Also: The 'continuity' between servers are the legacy awards, as well as the credit bonuses.

4. lefty

lefty Member

You ever play dark souls? Imagine if you started a new character but had everything your old super leveled-up character you used to finish the game with. Not much of a challenge?