*** OPEN BETA UPDATES & DISCUSSION/BUG REPORTS VII ***

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick

Mavrick New Member

I have a bug that keeps occurring - relating to the Rally Offensive II selection:

If I activate a weapon system or all systems in my Victory III.
    Then activate the rally offensive II
    then hit the finish turn in the allocation phase - this happens
    All of the weapons will go off line (embarrassing when you cannot fire when you in target position)
    Any weapons that have been on activation for a number of turns this does not happen - its only newly activated weapons.
    I know the solution is to hit rally before but you can change your mode of attack thinking.
    Cheers Mav

2. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

Its a old bug : Activating Rally (either 1 or 2) reset the weapons power like it was at beginning of turn

3. infested

infested Member

Vesuvious i ve done the math in this thread here are the final balance numbers i came up with:

• t3: Points: 1
    • t4: Points: 2
    • t5: Points: 3
    • t6: Points: 5
    • t7: Points: 7
    • t8: Points: 9
    • t9: Points: 12
    • t10: Points: 16

4. Vesuvius_SWIE

Vesuvius_SWIE Administrator Staff Member

Yes, rally offensive needs that fixed, I've messed up that way before as well. Also, agreed about the Galaxy UI on limits, but I also put in a ticket/request to differentiate AI and Live players in that listing of ships in a sector.

5. Vesuvius_SWIE

Zuuwly likes this.
  6. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

No opinion on T9/T10 but with current point distribution a t6 is worth 3 t3 but 3 t3 have no way to deal with a t6.

7. obnosis

obnosis New Member

and another minor thing: achievements are a bit broken. just got bloodhound 2 after killing 4 ships due to their point costs :D

8. ccX

ccX New Member

Something is very wrong here, 28 c8 in a tiny sector.

Attached Files:

9. ben

ben Member

Brilliance..... utter brilliance... nearly.... only y a tiny adjustment it be made IN A FEW days. Or even weeks.... after.options and observations have enough time to be appreciated..... the recent changes in player behaviour, sector limits and ai have really started giving some traction..... STAY ON THE offensive.... STAY aggressive... learn to destroy the enemy quickly... I know the ai limiter still needs a little work.... but think about the newbies before asking for any more changes..... they now get to go on the offensive and the map slowly gets harder and harder for them..... they are no longer mobbed by desperate for xp older players..... because everyone is on the offensive...... sure highly tactical positions still need to be defended aggressively.... but we can let teams form and they learn to use terrain and all the bits that come with ......JUST stay on the offensive and the really skilled or high level pilots do the heavy lifting and don't bash average or some poor bugs newest ship back to the stone age...... yes a little more work is needed..... but in my opinion...... we will have all the live combat we need between equally viable players soon. The board should be a light show of offense.... because if some poor fool jumps into a battle that they should not... then they find out why.... but if it's not a nessacsy tactical objective then as a skilled player or big ship... go find the battle that you are needed in....

Zuuwly likes this.
  10. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix New Member

Had a probable genari player griefing with a sol player account. Player name Tazerface, joined a cut off sector with my ship and another ship destroying 1 tier 8 ai. He never fired for 8 turns and spend his full timer many times. This is not noob behavior. When I went to leave he flew right next to me and left right after. Here are the screen shots after the liverpool left from boredom.

Attached Files:

11. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix New Member

Sector lock timer bug

Attached Files:

12. ben

ben Member

hello, my elbe blew up while on support detail.
    the lock out is in place.
    I am unable to select my klondike as support craft now.

but the little elbe still appears to be following me around.

if i dont select support in dock it is gone,
    if i select a different support it re-appears.
    still cant select a different support.

after it died while been in support role, lock out timer restarted,
    but ships still appears.

ves and team are legends.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  13. Umari

Umari New Member

Found a possible bug. My Genshai (support) died and got put on 60h cooldown. I can't fly it, but I can still take it out as support. Only it. Cannot select other ships for support role. Same as Ben, above, it seems.

14. 0b1000010

0b1000010 Member

The ghosting support ship is a known bug. The devs will have a fix for it on the next update. (Bug from the new permadeath removal patch).

15. Zuuwly

Zuuwly New Member

16. Vesuvius_SWIE

Space Wars Patch Notes 1/9/2018

General
    • The Galaxy Map sector details will now show how many ships are AI controlled in a sector for each faction.
    • The Unopposed (freecap) mechanic has been disabled.
    • Resolved an issue with not being able to engage in single player missions on the Galaxy Map.
    • The sector full notification on the Galaxy Map is now larger and its position has been adjusted.
    • Once the Enter Galaxy button is hit all other buttons on the Spacedock will now be disabled.
    • Support and Fleet Commander ships will no longer continue to follow the player when they are on cooldown after being destroyed.
    • Players will now be able to select different Support and Fleet Commander ships if their previously selected ships are on cooldown.
    • Support and Fleet Commander ships will no longer count to the faction limit of a sector.
    • All non-starter class 3 ships will no longer have permadeath, but they will have a 1 hour cooldown.
    • A confirmation popup has been added for naming/renaming officers.
    • The respec button is now disabled if no skill points are applied to an Officer’s or Captain’s skills.
    • Fleet Commander combat ships now need to be of a lower class than the player’s primary ship for them to enter Galaxy.
    • AI defense ships sent by the AI director will no longer count to the faction limit of a sector.
    • Player ships that are under AI control and still in Galaxy will now appear with the “In Transit” banner on the Spacedock ship roster.
    • The aggression level of the AI director has been adjusted to prevent too many ships of too high of a class from defending a sector.
    • AI controlled defense ships will now eventually warp out based on the number of enemy and friendly ships in a sector.
    • AI controlled defense ships will now vacate an empty sector on their own.
    • The faction limit value for ship classes has been changed to:
      • Class 1-3 = 1 region point value
      • Class 4 = 2 region point value
      • Class 5 = 3 region point value
      • Class 6 = 4 region point value
      • Class 7 = 5 region point value
      • Class 8 = 6 region point value
      • Class 9 = 7 region point value
      • Class 10 = 8 region point value

17. obnosis

obnosis New Member

some thing to consider for current gameplay. a c6 victory 3+c4 battalion4 (mine, with +2 dmg weapon upgrades) barely could break shields on a c7 sol with evasion and maybe shield upgrades. we did 1 or 2 damage to the hull, repaired next round. the c6+c4= 6 points, the c7 is 5 points. to consider: shield change and/or evasion should not work at point blank range (i know this is intended behavior, but at the moment it does not work like that).
    this is just about number tweaks. i like the system otherwise.

18. ccX

ccX New Member

In GW 2 i took dmg from front left and i got dmg on front right also from behind and got dmg front right.

Attached Files:

19. ben

ben Member

the permadeath changes..... so we dont need to buy the ships again. That is a bit soft. BUT, if in full game it will still require credits to un-lock, i suppose is ok.

20. Vesuvius_SWIE

There was a supposed hotfix:
    • Fixed an issue where the officer skill Shield Overcharge was causing other ships to display an incorrect max shield value.
    • Fixed an issue where the Officer and Captain respec buttons were not properly updating after respeccing and applying skill points to skills.
    • Fixed an issue where the “In Transit” notice on the roster was not properly being removed when ships returned from being in the galaxy to the Spacedock.
    Double check to see if the shield issue is fixed, I'm not sure if it is.

ben likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.