SOL/GEN Huge Problem with blance

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by redbear_89, Jan 2, 2018.

1. redbear_89

redbear_89 New Member

1st off u i have mistake spelling in this so sorry.

ok let start this rant but before u say iam just complaining do the maths and calculate the stats for your self before saying anything.

Too start i pick one class of ship then work with more. Gen T9 nova the Hp is 417 damge 135/ 7+2 * 5 = 45 10 * 5 = 50 10 * 1 = 10 (rally) 10 * 2 = 20 (damage boost II) 10 * 2 = 20 (genari overload IV) = 135 max damage <------------with max skills Base 95 damage with no skills.Base iny is 13 with skills +8 iny for skills = 21 iny shield 16 base x2 input no skills

Sol T9 Hp 335 base iny 15 with skills +8 = 23 damage base is 56 with max skills 83 damage shields 24 x4 input no skills

So what does this show me and you.it show in this case it will take x3 t9 gen ships to jump in one sector with 1 T9 sol stress engines Pop rally and the T9 sol ship is dead now let see how many T9 sol ship u need to kill 1 T9 gen ships you need 7 T9 sol ship to do the same process so rember the x2 gen stress and rally will do 270 damage in 1 turn so u only need T5 also most sector are 4v4 5v5 6v6.

Let move on to T6 it hard to do cos there alot more choose to use I.e victory 1-2-3 guarden and same with sol there mercury 1-2-3 and so on i will use the ship that most ppl use.

Gen T6 victory 3 HP 171 damage 5+2 * 1 = 7 laser 7 * 3 = 21 warhead 4 * 2 = 8 (damage boost II) 7 * 1 = 7 (genari overload IV) 3 * 1 = 3 (hull passive not sure if included already) Plus rally 2 = 50 iny 19 base +8 =27

Sol T6 hp122 damage 6+3 * 4 = 36 plasma 5 * 1 = 5 warhead 5 * 1 = 5 (damage boost I) 9 * 1 = 9 (sol overload IV) = 54 max damage iny 20 +8 = 28

this is only ship in Sol that out Damage a Gen ship at it Tir

T5 interdictor 3 hp 101 iny 25 base +8=33 4+1 * 3 = 15 laser 5 * 1 = 5 warhead 4 * 1 = 4 (rally 2) 4 * 2 = 8 (damage boost II) 5 * 1 = 5 (genari overload IV) = 37

T5 sol lenny 2 hp 70 iny 26 + 8 =34 damage base 15 with skills max 22 damage

T4 Sol Liverpool 3 Hp 40 iny 32 + 8 =40 damage x2 4 1-4+3=7 7 x2=14 +1 damage skill 16 + 100% sol overcharge one beam +7 damage so total is 23 max damage

T4 gen first honor 5+1 * 3 = 18 laser 3 * 1 = 3 (rally 2) 3 * 2 = 6 (damage boost II) 6 * 1 = 6 (genari overload IV) = 33 max damage<-------lol iny 30+8=38 max hp55

i cud do many more ship but i will let u do it but i find the bounces for Gen over sol is too big I.E getting 80%-100% damage more on gen ship and sol gets +2-3 iny and 6-12 more shields this trade off is not good

iam not going to do every single scenarios it take to long the fact is Gen ship HP + Huge damage over sol ship give them more off a chance to win battle easier then sol ships with there very Low damage and very Low HP draw ur own ideas from this and i would love you guys to do the math and add more compare ship to this list this is not a rant this is Facts and numbers

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Beernchips

Beernchips Member

A ship power is not only damages you know?
    Where did you factor the accuracy? the range? the shield?

3. Peroox

Peroox New Member

Lenningrad 2 have basic 18 damage with +1 from officer skill its 21 dmg. Maybe I'm wrong but it's higer basic dmg, and lower max. Sworfish have more max dmg and hull, but lower engine power = much more slower.

4. redbear_89

redbear_89 New Member

beernchips even if gen miss 50% off there shot u still do more damge then sol hitting 100%

5. Peroox

Peroox New Member

Redbear. Did you count marines ?

6. redbear_89

redbear_89 New Member

iam allso did not put in the price of ships T10 gen 189k Sol T10 340k T9 gen 120k sol T9 150k this play a factor in too

7. Varag

Varag New Member

How many Ships you leveled to 6th officer Level?
    Just asking because u allways speaking about damage boost II + genari overload IV. ;)
    Btw. I´m with you that both is OP and it should be an either or decission but it´s also true that your max genari damage is quiet hypothetical, even more if u talk about that 4! of damge II and overload IV Genaris jumping in....

8. Peroox

Peroox New Member

Can everyone write which advantages and disadvantages have each factions? This could help to see it more clearly.

9. redbear_89

redbear_89 New Member

varag i did have 50 points in T7 T5 it not to hard to get if u play as much as me

10. Suno

Suno Member

It mostly comes down to aggressive and defensive play styles. In a nutshell Genari have the Hull and Damage to be able to go full aggression, SOL has to play defensive utilizing its shielding(we can almost never mitigate as much damage as the genari have extra HULL since you just get a shield side focus'd) I would say the current balance favors genari a bit more given the raw damage and hull but again it's all really situational, i am aware Genari accuracy is trash I think the hull compensates a bit for it because you can afford to be up in someones face taking a bit of damage. However i do think the devastator II needs a little bit of a buff in the accuracy department maybe even some more damage, since it's a 'Long Range Beam Cruiser' with 1-4 range damage bonus, that misses everything.

On certain maps our range and defensive formations actually work really well other times we can't really effectively use our scanners and range making it quite easy to end-up brawling(brawling is a term we use for when ships go head to head full damage output blow for blow) which most of the time will end-up with us having to retreat since a lot of our ships only work with tactical coordination and lose out with just straight up fire-power slugfest. The only true easy victory condition for us in any match-up is to snowball engine damage utilizing range and coordination since we can almost never burst a genari down from full hp.

I'm not going to go too much into detail with the ships. However a base Nova is a lot more powerful then a base Yamato.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018