!! Reducing Sector Player Limits

Discussion in 'Beta Discussion' started by Vesuvius_SWIE, Dec 11, 2017.

?

If the Sector Limits for Players would be Halved, would you be for it or against it?

1. Yes, I'd like to see the sectors have its maximum players reduced.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, it is tactically sound and more dynamic to keep the limits as is.

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Gant

Gant Member

4v4 map now being risk free officer training ground for higher tier ships...?

Very unfortunate change, imo.

2. Narfi

Narfi New Member

if thats realy the case (i havnt meet many t5s yet)
    maybe considere tier limits on the small regions. But im sure more experienced palyers can judge that alot better than me.

3. canbeen

canbeen Member

How about people using permanently officer upgraded free C3 to farm xp. Is that not the real risk free deal?

4. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Ouch losing 2 times a lvl 4 in a row. Thats a serious setback. Anyway personally i feel the sectors are 2 small now. I spend a lot of time outside any battle to join. I would prefer to increase the number of players again

5. Midnightsun

Midnightsun Member

Question did you consider making the numbers of players dynami depending on distance to main bases. For example you closer you get to vega more sol than genari players are able to join. This would represent the logistics behind doing a war closer or further away from your supply lines. As a nice side effect it would increase the difficulty the closer you get to the enemy home bases.

6. Gazy

Gazy New Member

That's basically what the defense platforms do, give an extra hand without making the programmers get aneurysms trying to code that in :)

7. MLocke

MLocke Member

I'm very happy with the reduced sizes. Just because there's 4v4, look at all the other spots. Some are still 10+. 4v4 is the smallest and concentrated at the borders only.

8. Mavrick

Mavrick New Member

Here is an option: - instead of the sectors being based on number of ships, why not based on a ship point type. I will explain:

A class 3 is worth 6 points, a class 4 is worth 8 points, etc or any other combination which could work. This is to allow lower level ships to have more units available against their higher capacity rivals - instead of having 4x lvl3 against 4x lvl4 - the battle may only be 4x lvl3 against 2x lvl4 due to points availability.

The sectors could also have a 'floating' scale of entry - example (using the above as a guide) the sector has a minimum of 10 points and a maximum of 30 points, as new ships enter the points increase accordingly until the max is reached.

Just something I thought of.

Enjoying the game BTW

infested likes this.